Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Betsy Ross Flag: Symbol Of Hate!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Sure it is made up, but the real goal is to go after Old Glory, this is just the the opening salvo.

This goes back to 2015:

Professors: US flag symbolizes racism, should not be displayed on campus

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/prof...ayed-on-campus
    There is an easy solution for those who are triggered by the flag: leave.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The subreddit for this soccer team seems to be siding with the ban. Here's one user's take,

"I confronted the guy with the flag the first match he brought it. I went up in a non agressive way because I knew to some people its not a white supremacist symbol. I asked him if it was his flag, he said yes. I asked him why he had it. He said because he loved america. Which is funny because that in not the american flag its a colonial flag. If you love america fly the american flag. Then I told him that the flag is adopted by ultea right wing militia movements, is used by the KKK and other bone head rascist types. Then his friend and wife were like hey we are not rascist. I then proclaimed that i didnt say they were rascist and that I jad obly asked two questions. 1. If it was their flag 2 if they knew it was used by white supremacists. They then got super aggressive and told me to leave so I did. I didnt want to have a fight. 5 minutes later event staff came up to me amd tried to eject me from the match because. Mr bettsy ross flag guy claimed I had assulted him. I told event staff what actually happened and how more than anything I was curious as to who this person was and went and talked to him. He sits in the front row. Event staff watched me talk to him and knew I didnt actually assult him. They went and talked to the event staff where he sits and they co firmed my story of just asking some questions and they left me alone. Based on him amd the people he was withs reaction and how defensive/ agressive they got when I asked my first question. They know full well what the flag is used for and brought it for those reasons. Hes a ****"

That started a debate over whether or not the Betsy Ross flag is racist.

A slightly more sane Redditor posted this,

"Heís a ref and player for a menís league I play in, and Iíve never heard him be racist or foul mouthed at all. Heís been nothing but nice. His wife isnít even white. Iím thinking itís more ignorance to the issue than racism. But thatís only seeing him for a couple of hours a week playing soccer so I donít know."

Which was met with the reply,

"Please ask him to stop making Utah look stupid on a national stage."

People be crazy yo.

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    The subreddit for this soccer team seems to be siding with the ban. Here's one user's take,

"I confronted the guy with the flag the first match he brought it. I went up in a non agressive way because I knew to some people its not a white supremacist symbol. I asked him if it was his flag, he said yes. I asked him why he had it. He said because he loved america. Which is funny because that in not the american flag its a colonial flag. If you love america fly the american flag. Then I told him that the flag is adopted by ultea right wing militia movements, is used by the KKK and other bone head rascist types. Then his friend and wife were like hey we are not rascist. I then proclaimed that i didnt say they were rascist and that I jad obly asked two questions. 1. If it was their flag 2 if they knew it was used by white supremacists. They then got super aggressive and told me to leave so I did. I didnt want to have a fight. 5 minutes later event staff came up to me amd tried to eject me from the match because. Mr bettsy ross flag guy claimed I had assulted him. I told event staff what actually happened and how more than anything I was curious as to who this person was and went and talked to him. He sits in the front row. Event staff watched me talk to him and knew I didnt actually assult him. They went and talked to the event staff where he sits and they co firmed my story of just asking some questions and they left me alone. Based on him amd the people he was withs reaction and how defensive/ agressive they got when I asked my first question. They know full well what the flag is used for and brought it for those reasons. Hes a ****"

That started a debate over whether or not the Betsy Ross flag is racist.

A slightly more sane Redditor posted this,

"Heís a ref and player for a menís league I play in, and Iíve never heard him be racist or foul mouthed at all. Heís been nothing but nice. His wife isnít even white. Iím thinking itís more ignorance to the issue than racism. But thatís only seeing him for a couple of hours a week playing soccer so I donít know."

Which was met with the reply,

"Please ask him to stop making Utah look stupid on a national stage."

People be crazy yo.
    The ignorance/stupidity/gullibility of people is astounding.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

4. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Now we can offend everyone...

ScreenHunter_.jpg

6. Amen Adrift, Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I love the flag of my country.

8. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I love the flag of my country.
    Good for you, that is how it should be! Is that a Christian cross?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Good for you, that is how it should be! Is that a Christian cross?
    It is indeed.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It is indeed.
    So your country is a bunch of bigots?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So your country is a bunch of bigots?
    I honestly don't care what people think of my country, or even what people within my country think of my flag. I'll wave it proudly. A psychotic murderer could kill an entire kindergarten with Dannebrog, and I would still celebrate with it the day after.

A flag is meant to bring people together.

I don't know anything about the Betsy Ross flag. Is it a local thing in that area? Using an obscure flag always seems weird to me. Or a bit overly local-patriotic. If I lived in the US I'd just flag that one you have on all your flag poles. Old Glory? Flag flying, in general, is not something you'll get me to stop.

Hippies or Islamists are burning the flag in a protest? Good for them. I don't care. I got another one right here.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't know anything about the Betsy Ross flag. Is it a local thing in that area? Using an obscure flag always seems weird to me. Or a bit overly local-patriotic. If I lived in the US I'd just flag that one you have on all your flag poles. Old Glory? Flag flying, in general, is not something you'll get me to stop.
    Though I guess it's debatable now, in school, most Americans were taught that the Betsy Ross flag was the first American flag. It's was presumably where the layout and design for the current American flag got its roots. The only main difference is that it had 13 stars (representing the 13 original colonies) rather than 50 (representing the current number of states). It's not a flag native normally associated with Utah or people in Utah, so I wouldn't consider it a local thing, per se. If anything, it'd probably be more "local" to areas like New England. And while most people simply wave the standard American flag, it's not a super unusual flag to wave either. I mean, plenty of people have waved it for years without issue before the current year. It's certainly not obscure.

As I understand it, it only became an issue to wave it when some black activist football player commented about it when Nike planned to put the design on their shoes. He stated that it was associated with racism, which is untrue. It's never been associated with racism. But Nike got nervous about any ill public relations, so they decided to cancel that design.

The whole thing is incredibly bizarre, but it's the state of the US today.

15. Amen KingsGambit, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.