Popeye's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Well, you know I won't be trying the catfish, if there is such a thing here.
    Up until, IIRC, last year they served catfish.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Up until, IIRC, last year they served catfish.
      They likely realized that catfish is gross to normal people.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I've seen the commercials from the States, and we've just had one open up in our town.

Is the chicken good? Is it always spicy? Thoughts?
        A bit on the spicy side, but not much --- I love their Red Beans and Rice!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They likely realized that catfish is gross to normal people.
          Catfish for me is "filler food." If there is some left over after supper / dinner and you're still hungry it'll do the trick. Then a friend of my brother opened up a restaurant not far from where I live which specialized in catfish. The family would meet there for brunch every second or third weekend though I'd get the shrimp which was good. Then one day, my mother who only ate about half her catfish asked me if I wanted to finish hers. This was one of those times where after a meal I was nowheres near being full. So I took some of her catfish. After eating a bite I took the rest. From that point on I ordered the catfish. It really was that good

He also had by far the best hushpuppies as well. I'd swing by and pick up a double order of them every so often and take them home.

Unfortunately, the government frowns mighty hard at those who aren't paying their payroll taxes and he got shut down as a result.
          Last edited by rogue06; 09-07-2019, 01:59 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I have never tried Popeye's.
            Protesting because there's no bacon on the menu?

Comment

Here's the Canadian menu.

http://popeyeschicken.ca/

No catfish, Alaskan whitefish instead.
              No Cajun poutine here. That would be nice to have.

They took away onion rings from menus here too.

No dirty rice. SNORT.

Never seen a Mardi Gras cheesecake on the local menu.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
                Protesting because there's no bacon on the menu?
                I just don't eat at fast food restaurants much. And if I want chicken, I would go to a sit-down restaurant rather than a fast food one. I worked at KFC when I was a teenager and I got pretty sick of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
                  No Cajun poutine here. That would be nice to have.

They took away onion rings from menus here too.

No dirty rice. SNORT.

Never seen a Mardi Gras cheesecake on the local menu.
                  Oh, I didn't even look at the desserts!

I wonder if they have regular fries, or, if not, their cajun fries are spicy?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

We have a place called Mary Brown's here. It has really great chicken, far better than KFC.

My neighbour won't eat there because the one here is owned by Muslims and the food is halal. I don't care, it tastes good.

https://marybrowns.com/

Comment

There chicken is good, but no its not spicy. It used to be but there recipe seems to have changed in the past few years. Even their Red Beans and Rice and Mashed Potatoes had a Cajun spice kick to them at one time.

Comment

Unfortunately, the government frowns mighty hard at those who are paying their payroll taxes and he got shut down as a result.

???????
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Unfortunately, the government frowns mighty hard at those who are paying their payroll taxes and he got shut down as a result.
                          I'm thinking there's a "not" missing in there somewhere.

I just don't get it - I've known more people "in the restaurant business" who seem to think they can go on without paying taxes --- then they're in so deep they can't get out.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I'm thinking there's a "not" missing in there somewhere.

I just don't get it - I've known more people "in the restaurant business" who seem to think they can go on without paying taxes --- then they're in so deep they can't get out.
                            Oh ok.

Yeah...we had a KFC here for many years. Rumors are that either the payroll was not paid, or the franchise were not paid. Whatever the reason for the closure...we have been left pining after our KFC. We thought itnwas coming back...nope. false rumor.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Well, I'm somewhat disappointed.

We got chicken, onion rings, and coleslaw. And biscuits.

My piece of chicken was terribly dry. And had very little flavour. It was the mild version, but I don't think the spicy version would have helped.

The onion rings were very spicy. I didn't care for the coleslaw. It has an off-flavour that I can't identify. The best part was the biscuits. And the cup of lemonade I bought on the way home from the little neighbour girl.

MelMak likes the chicken. He can handle the spicy onion rings. Mr. mossy doesn't like the chicken either.

Overall, I would buy Mary Brown's over Popeye's.

Comment

Well, I'm somewhat disappointed.

We got chicken, onion rings, and coleslaw. And biscuits.

My piece of chicken was terribly dry. And had very little flavour. It was the mild version, but I don't think the spicy version would have helped.

The onion rings were very spicy. I didn't care for the coleslaw. It has an off-flavour that I can't identify. The best part was the biscuits. And the cup of lemonade I bought on the way home from the little neighbour girl.

MelMak likes the chicken. He can handle the spicy onion rings. Mr. mossy doesn't like the chicken either.

Overall, I would buy Mary Brown's over Popeye's.
                                I think you need a job as a mystery shopper.

Comment