Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Needler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
    How so? There was no map like the one Trump drew. There were different, earlier maps that had a larger cone which included AL but there was no map that had Trump's little "see i was right" bump.

--Sam
    I was talking about your statement, "compelled the relevant agencies to backtrack and essentially create a false record."

You are claiming that NOAA went back and created maps to match what Trump said?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      That looks like a twebber going on and on for hundreds of pages rather than admitting they are wrong. Sort of a rightist TDS propaganda issue.
      I know you were trying to make a clever, sarcastic response, but you missed and just sounded stupider than usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I know you were trying to make a clever, sarcastic response, but you missed and just sounded stupider than usual.
        No, just pointing out the irony of your accussation.

Comment

No, just pointing out the irony of your accussation.
          You missed.

Comment

I was talking about your statement, "compelled the relevant agencies to backtrack and essentially create a false record."

You are claiming that NOAA went back and created maps to match what Trump said?
            No, I'm claiming that NOAA's statement, the Rear Admiral's statement, etc. were essentially creating a false record to support Trump's false claim that AL was likely to be hit unexpectedly hard when he made the tweet.

If they had created actual false documentation to that effect, I wouldn't use the word "essentially" and I'd consider that a federal offense.

--Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

That "database" is a joke. It lists stuff like opinions, obvious hyperbole, errors, etc as "lies"
              Look again. Find the word "lie."

Whoops. No need to apologize. You were lied to, and you believed it, and now you know better.

The word "lie" is still reserved for statements known to be untrue made with the intent to deceive.

It has no credibility and is just leftist TDS propaganda.
              That's the standard handwave. The folks telling you it has no credibility because it's partisan ... have no credibility because they're partisan, and a vested interest in defending their partisan lies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                If it weren't for his penchant for repetition, they'd never get a break.

Comment

Public health and safety: 1
                  Stable sharpie: significantly less.

Left unsaid is the reason Trump wasn't in Poland, as originally planned. He cancelled the trip, sending Pence in his place, ostensibly to keep abreast of the impacts of Hurricane Dorian, but more likely it seems, to get in a couple more rounds of golf at one of his courses.

President Trump Seen at the Golf Course While Hurricane Dorian Approaches the U.S.
                  The President has no plans listed on his public schedule for Monday. He was originally set to spend this weekend in Poland commemorating the start of World War II. However, that trip was canceled as the threat posed by Hurricane Dorian became more clear.

Trump was also seen at the golf course on Saturday.

Video appears to show Trump golfing in Virginia in the run-up to catastrophic Hurricane Dorian
                  President Donald Trump appeared to be playing golf Saturday, just days before parts of the southeastern US were expected to be battered by the Category 5 Hurricane Dorian, which the National Hurricane Center has called catastrophic.

Official communications from the White House and statements from Trump ahead of the weekend trip had suggested Trump would be spending his time at Camp David in Maryland monitoring and preparing for the storm.

According to press pool reports, however, Trump traveled to his Sterling, Virginia, golf course Saturday morning by helicopter from Camp David. The White House press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, reportedly told reporters that someone from the Federal Emergency Management Agency was briefing Trump on the hurricane every hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    No, I'm claiming that NOAA's statement, the Rear Admiral's statement, etc. were essentially creating a false record to support Trump's false claim that AL was likely to be hit unexpectedly hard when he made the tweet.

If they had created actual false documentation to that effect, I wouldn't use the word "essentially" and I'd consider that a federal offense.

--Sam
                    yep that sounds paranoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                      Look again. Find the word "lie."

Whoops. No need to apologize. You were lied to, and you believed it, and now you know better.

The word "lie" is still reserved for statements known to be untrue made with the intent to deceive.

That's the standard handwave. The folks telling you it has no credibility because it's partisan ... have no credibility because they're partisan, and a vested interest in defending their partisan lies.

Comment

• I'm not one to believe the claims that Trump is always playing 4-d chess against it's opponents, because I honestly don't think he's that smart, too self-absorbed and narcissistic for that. But his latest tweet with the cat meme seems to be the proof of that, at least in this instance. What did this distract from? The billion dollars he allocated from the military to the border wall, which got buried with this dumb story.

Comment

And I for one believe it's intentional. He certainly has been working in the interest of Putin and Russia.
                          And this:

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            And this:
                            um, if Trump was deliberately helping the Russians, he would have just told them about this guy in secret long ago.

Comment

um, if Trump was deliberately helping the Russians, he would have just told them about this guy in secret long ago.
                              Had he known, he most probably would have told Putin long ago. He gave them classified info, he blocked bi-partison sanctions against Russia, he blocked bi-partison military aid to Ukraine in the face of Russia's Eastern Ukraine occupation, he's fighting to allow Russia back in to the G-8 which they were thrown out of for their siezing of Crimea, he defends Putin and Russia against his own intelligence. I mean seriously, when are you Trumpsters going to wake up!

Comment

Had he known, he most probably would have told Putin long ago. He gave them classified info, he blocked bi-partison sanctions against Russia, he blocked bi-partison military aid to Ukraine in the face of Russia's Eastern Ukraine occupation, he's fighting to allow Russia back in to the G-8 which they were thrown out of for their siezing of Crimea, he defends Putin and Russia against his own intelligence. I mean seriously, when are you Trumpsters going to wake up!
                                CIA slams CNN's 'misguided' and 'simply false' reporting on alleged CIA spy's extraction from Kremlin

The Central Intelligence Agency on Monday evening slammed what it called CNN's "misguided" and "simply false" reporting, after the cable channel's chief national security correspondent authored a hole-filled piece claiming that the CIA had pulled a high-level spy out of Russia because President Trump had "repeatedly mishandled classified intelligence and could contribute to exposing the covert source as a spy."

The extraordinary CIA rebuke came as The New York Times published a bombshell piece late in the evening, which largely contradicted CNN's reporting. According to the Times, https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cia...d-exfiltration

Comment