Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Universalism

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Well, his desire is to show mercy, which means we must first need mercy.

Yes, some are vessels of wrath, prepared for destruction. Yet is there hope for them?

"Brothers and sisters, my heartís desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved." (Rom. 10:1)

Paul is praying for those whom he said God had rejected!

Blessings,
    Lee
    If God creates something for the purpose of him destroying it, then doesn't destroy it, then he is not omnipotent. How would that be any different than you claiming that God isn't omnipotent if he desires all to be saved but doesn't save all?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    If God creates something for the purpose of him destroying it, then doesn't destroy it, then he is not omnipotent. How would that be any different than you claiming that God isn't omnipotent if he desires all to be saved but doesn't save all?
    At this point, I'm not sure what brother Lee is actually saying.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    At this point, I'm not sure what brother Lee is actually saying.
    Well since this is in Christianity 101, and universalism is unorthodox, nobody should be promoting universalism in this thread to begin with. We can discuss what is wrong with it, but if someone wants to argue why it is true, they need to start another thread.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well since this is in Christianity 101, and universalism is unorthodox, nobody should be promoting universalism in this thread to begin with. We can discuss what is wrong with it, but if someone wants to argue why it is true, they need to start another thread.
    Lee is a hopeful universalist which is different from dogmatic universalism. They're both wrong but significantly different.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Universalism is a lazy man's excuse to ignore the Great Commission.
    I think you are right on this your comment. Why preach the gospel if God will accept you without it?

AND, doesn't universalism do harm to Jesus' sacrifice? If everyone is saved then why did Jesus have to die?

6. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you feel called to do that and think it could work, go for it. But be prepared to just move on if they don't listen.
    The problem with leaving is perhaps I will find heresy in the next church and then the next.

I had a Bible study yesterday and was amazed how many said they believe everyone will be saved aside from Jesus. It seems that they believe that Jesus is only one way to God, others get there by following the law or saying 5 prayers per day or even believing there is a higher Being.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    The problem with leaving is perhaps I will find heresy in the next church and then the next.....
    Think about that a minute --- you're going to stay under false teachers because there MAY BE a chance that you'll encounter that again?

9. Amen mossrose, Sparko, NorrinRadd, Thoughtful Monk amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The problem with leaving is perhaps I will find heresy in the next church and then the next.

I had a Bible study yesterday and was amazed how many said they believe everyone will be saved aside from Jesus. It seems that they believe that Jesus is only one way to God, others get there by following the law or saying 5 prayers per day or even believing there is a higher Being.
    Find yourself a good church, no matter how long it takes. You might want to consider moving to a different denomination since the methodist leaders have pretty much accepted homosexuality as being acceptable. Maybe a good Southern Baptist church like Cow Poke leads? He could probably help you find one in your area if you PM him.

11. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Find yourself a good church, no matter how long it takes. You might want to consider moving to a different denomination since the methodist leaders have pretty much accepted homosexuality as being acceptable. Maybe a good Southern Baptist church like Cow Poke leads? He could probably help you find one in your area if you PM him.
    I always thought I was a closet Baptist. There is one about 20 minutes away. I'm going to listen to some of their pastor's sermons. Thanks.

13. Amen mossrose, lee_merrill amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I always thought I was a closet Baptist. There is one about 20 minutes away. I'm going to listen to some of their pastor's sermons. Thanks.
    Or a good Bible Church - I know a number of Bible Church pastors around me, and they're great guys - the theology is pretty consistent with Baptist, or vice versa - more about "What does the Bible say" than "Here's what I think, and here are a couple verses to back it up".

15. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.