Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Universalism

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    No we have been quoting scripture in context, not ignoring anything. YOU have been quoting scripture out of context and ignoring other scripture that flatly says your ideas on universalism are wrong.
    Did I not say I see three threads in Scripture?

I have taken the scriptures you presented and quoted the scriptures around it, showing you to be wrong. You quoted just the part about the fire prepared for the devil and ignored the part right after it that said the unsaved people will be tossed into the same fire for ETERNITY.
    No, it says they will depart into the eternal fire, into eternal punishment. Then I quoted Ezekiel 16:53 along with Jude 7, where God says people that are examples of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire will be restored.

Blessings,
    Lee
    Last edited by lee_merrill; 09-23-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Did I not say I see three threads in Scripture?

No, it says they will depart into the eternal fire, into eternal punishment. Then I quoted Ezekiel 16:53 along with Jude 7, where God says people that are examples of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire will be restored.

Blessings,
    Lee
    If the punishment is eternal then they are not getting out.

And regarding Sodom, God says he will restore the city/nation, not the sinful people whom he destroyed and he is speaking poetically about restoring nations after the end times. You should be careful trying to cherry pick a difficult poetic verse and using it to counteract a clear and concise verse.

3. Amen Bill the Cat, mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    If the punishment is eternal then they are not getting out.
    But if Sodom is an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire...

And regarding Sodom, God says he will restore the city/nation, not the sinful people whom he destroyed and he is speaking poetically about restoring nations after the end times.
    But this is not poetry, this is prophecy. And how can a city be restored, without restoring inhabitants?

"Bear your disgrace, for you have furnished some justification for your sisters. Because your sins were more vile than theirs, they appear more righteous than you. So then, be ashamed and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous. However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them..." (Eze 16:5253)

"Your sins", "theirs", "they appear more righteous", this is talking about inhabitants of Jerusalem and Sodom.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Does he portend to give any scriptural evidence?
    I'm not sure that means what you think it means.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."