Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Never Forget...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    We must be reading about other Muslims, because those I'm aware of do not celebrate that stuff.
    Any Muslim who doesn't take up arms and kill infidels is not practicing his religion as commanded by his scriptures and the example example of his religion's founder. It's why I say that Muslim terrorists are not extremist, they're orthodox.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Like I said, she refuses to condemn Al Qaeda or Islamic Terrorism. Thanks for playing
    She is finding the idea that she would support it so absurd that she refuses to answer the question. That is more than condemnation but of course those who like to focus on otherness or insinuations will focus on the fact that she did not answer the question and ignore her reason for not doing so. Thus they will ignore both her most important point and that it is more than condemnation.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Why are you sticking the photo of Omar into that picture from 911?

Jim
    Read the quote from her about 9/11.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    She refuses to tie the terrorism to Islam, which I support her in. At least if all muslims should share guilt in that terrorist act, then all Christians should share guilt in every murder, or act of terrorism committed by Christians anywhere.

At least if we're to be consistent, which is something seer is obsessed about being.
    IIRC, within a few months after the attack PEW did a survey and found a great deal of support for Al-Quaeda among Muslims worldwide. I don't think that you'd find anything near the level of support among Christians if a group committed a similar act in the name of Christianity.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

5. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    She is finding the idea that she would support it so absurd that she refuses to answer the question.
    So you admit she refuses to condemn Al Qaeda and Islamic terrorism, then?
    I consider your challenge to me to provide a source for my statement completed.

--

If someone said I supported White Supremacy I would tell them no I don't, I condemn it. I wouldn't play games and say "I find that too absurd to answer" - that is the answer of someone trying to dodge the issue.

7. Amen mossrose, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    She is finding the idea that she would support it so absurd that she refuses to answer the question. That is more than condemnation but of course those who like to focus on otherness or insinuations will focus on the fact that she did not answer the question and ignore her reason for not doing so. Thus they will ignore both her most important point and that it is more than condemnation.
    So... then Trump shouldn't be criticized for not immediately condemning white supremacists for any atrocities that they might commit because the idea that he would support them is so absurd that he ought to refuse to answer the question.

The fact is that Omar and Tlaib both have close connections with groups that either sponsor or support terrorism. Just look at the group that was helping to sponsor their recent trip to Israel for just one example.

9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Any Muslim who doesn't take up arms and kill infidels is not practicing his religion as commanded by his scriptures and the example example of his religion's founder. It's why I say that Muslim terrorists are not extremist, they're orthodox.
    To be clear, it isn't so much a command to kill the infidels as it is to force them to convert. And then if they refuse...

11. Amen Mountain Man, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Read the quote from her about 9/11.
    This one?

September 11th was an attack on all of us.

We will never forget the thousands of Americans who lost their lives in the largest terror attack on U.S. soil.

I will continue to fight to make sure we care for the first responders and families who lost loved ones. #NeverForget
    https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1171785865519075333
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So you admit she refuses to condemn Al Qaeda and Islamic terrorism, then?
    I consider your challenge to me to provide a source for my statement completed.

--

If someone said I supported White Supremacy I would tell them no I don't, I condemn it. I wouldn't play games and say "I find that too absurd to answer" - that is the answer of someone trying to dodge the issue.
    Here is what you left out when you quoted me: "That is more than condemnation but of course those who like to focus on otherness or insinuations will focus on the fact that she did not answer the question and ignore her reason for not doing so. Thus they will ignore both her most important point and that it is more than condemnation."

So, we disagree on that. Fair enough.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    No where in the Bible will you find a call to arms to spread Christianity.
    The Bible has an entire section where God Himself called openly for genocide. And that it was explicit genocide as well, with even children being killed as part of the order.

The Koran explicitly calls for the death of any who refuse to submit.
    So does the Bible, and for most of Christian history being an atheist or criticizing Christianity was a capitol offense.

Any Muslim who doesn't take up arms and kill infidels is not practicing his religion
    If you actually believed this sentence, you ought to be a Muslim.

Islam is made up. There isn't any divinely mandated Islam out there. So this sentence of yours is complete nonsense. There are at least five major branches of Islam, and within those various disagreements with each other. There is more diversity with the Islamic community over interpretation than there is between Christian churches. The gulf seperating a Suffi from a Wahabi is so vast they practically consider each other as being different religions.