Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Never Forget...

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I could direct you to other sources with a far less rosy appraisal of miftah, and a few point out that many of those in positions of control still promote the "blood libel" claim whether or not the organization officially still does.
    I don't see how rosy appraisal applies to the description given though I don't doubt you could find those who would be more critical (and of course those who would be less).
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    But back to Omar. She very carefully never condemns islamic terrorists. She will condemn white supremacists, Trump, and Israel. But she won't outright condemn or speak out against any islamic terrorists like Al Qaeda.
    At that point it becomes "some people did something."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    At that point it becomes "some people did something."
    And:

I do not expect every time there is a white supremacist who attacks or there is a white man who kills in a school or in a movie theater, or in a mosque, or in a synagogue, I dont expect my white community members to respond on whether they love that person or not. And so I think it is beyond time, it is beyond time to ask Muslims to condemn terrorists. We are no longer going to allow the dignification of such ridiculous ridiculous statement".
    https://thefederalist.com/2019/07/16...mic-terrorism/
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We are New Testament Christians, Leon -- a whole new Covenant. I am not bound by Old Testament customs and traditions and laws, and God never told Christians to murder people.
    Why are you allowed to apply context, interpretation and exegesis to the Bible, but the Quran has to be interpreted the same way atheists interpret the Bible?

6. Amen Charles amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    But back to Omar. She very carefully never condemns islamic terrorists. She will condemn white supremacists, Trump, and Israel. But she won't outright condemn or speak out against any islamic terrorists like Al Qaeda.
    I remember asking Cow Poke why he never criticises Conservatives, and he answered "Because they're already criticised by the leftists all the time, so I don't have to"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I remember asking Cow Poke why he never criticises Conservatives, and he answered "Because they're already criticised by the leftists all the time, so I don't have to"
    You really don't think CP ever criticizes conservatives? He does it all the time.
    "Technology has, in an enhanced way, given mockers a platform to set society on fire with polarizing speech. Internet culture privileges those whose insults are click bait." - Timothy Keller

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    And:
    As Sparko correctly pointed out, she is quick to condemn white supremacists, Trump, and Israel but when it comes to the group responsible for nearly all of the worst incidents in the past few decades, then the indignant hemming and hawing begin.

ETA: Oh and "Error 404-Page NOT Found"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Why are you allowed to apply context, interpretation and exegesis to the Bible, but the Quran has to be interpreted the same way atheists interpret the Bible?
    Don't you mean how leading Islamic scholars have interpreted for centuries and continue to do so when not addressing "infidel" listeners?

11. Amen Mountain Man, Cerebrum123, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    And:
    And yet she was right there with the democrats admonishing Trump for not immediately condemning the White Supremacists in Charlotte. And not denouncing David Duke immediately.

15. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.