Thread: Why I Voted For Trump...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Why I Voted For Trump...

The bottom line:

'Historic milestone': Senate confirms 150th Trump judicial nominee

The U.S. Senate confirmed President Trump’s 150th judicial nominee Wednesday, helping to fulfill the president’s campaign promise to remake the federal bench with a conservative bent.

Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham called the number of confirmations a “historic milestone.”

“These conservative judicial appointments will impact our nation for years to come,” the South Carolina Republican said.

Six district court nominees won confirmation Wednesday, bringing the president’s total number of appointed judges to the lower federal courts to 105. Mr. Trump has also appointed 43 circuit court nominees and two Supreme Court justices since taking office.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...icial-nominee/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    The bottom line:

'Historic milestone': Senate confirms 150th Trump judicial nominee

The U.S. Senate confirmed President Trump’s 150th judicial nominee Wednesday, helping to fulfill the president’s campaign promise to remake the federal bench with a conservative bent.

Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham called the number of confirmations a “historic milestone.”

“These conservative judicial appointments will impact our nation for years to come,” the South Carolina Republican said.

Six district court nominees won confirmation Wednesday, bringing the president’s total number of appointed judges to the lower federal courts to 105. Mr. Trump has also appointed 43 circuit court nominees and two Supreme Court justices since taking office.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...icial-nominee/
    Just a side note:

Supreme Court allows broad enforcement of Trump asylum rule

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is allowing nationwide enforcement of a new Trump administration rule that prevents most Central American migrants from seeking asylum in the United States.

7-2 BTW
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This was also a big reason I voted for Trump, other than it was a vote against Hillary. I would have voted for anyone other than Hillary, even Jill Stein. But Trump's promise to replace liberal judges with conservative ones was a big issue to me. That is the only way we can ever hope to stop the judicial abuses that we have seen like forcing bakers to make Gay wedding cakes and legalized abortion.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So instead of making a case against abortion etc that would persuade existing judges to adopt your views and change the laws, you're appointing new judges that already agree with you and who will change the laws regardless of whether there is any reason to do so.

Your entire strategy is an admission that you have no legitimate arguments and all you can do is subvert the legal process, and you voted for Trump because he promised to do so.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

5. Amen oxmixmudd, JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    So instead of making a case against abortion etc that would persuade existing judges to adopt your views and change the laws, you're appointing new judges that already agree with you and who will change the laws regardless of whether there is any reason to do so.

Your entire strategy is an admission that you have no legitimate arguments and all you can do is subvert the legal process, and you voted for Trump because he promised to do so.
    Because arguing politics routinely changes minds. right.

7. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Certainly not here anyway ...
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What argument would change the mind of a pro-abortion leftist, Roy? (And judges don't change laws)

Naw, it's not an either/or. If you're hungry and drowning, I'd focus on rescuing you from the water before offering you a cheeseburger.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    It won't if you don't even try.

Since when was abortion or discrimination "politics" anyway?
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What argument would change the mind of a pro-abortion leftist, Roy? (And judges don't change laws)
    Supreme court judges can nullify laws and reverse previous decisions, right?
    Naw, it's not an either/or. If you're hungry and drowning, I'd focus on rescuing you from the water before offering you a cheeseburger.
    That's two solutions to two different problems, not two solutions to one problem. Anyway, it misses the point. A better analogy would be if you can't afford the bus fare so hijack the bus instead.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Well, no. That's the strategy we're trying to defeat. The left has been subverting the legal process for years. Conservatives, pretty much by definition don't agitate for change (other than change back to the status quo ante).
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

13. Amen Cow Poke, NorrinRadd, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.