Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why I Voted For Trump...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Without comment, so I suppose you bought it.
    I found it funny that you used such strong words to describe what was so easily shown to be a correct quote.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You haven't demonstrated any such thing - I know that part by heart. I was objecting to the whole rest of the OPINION.
    Nope. Here is what you said:
    Further, as has already been pointed out, we don't have a pope, and your quote that the "SBC's official position" is part of the OPINION piece you cited from those crazy right wing conservative nutjobs at CNN.

If you'd like to see the best representation of what Southern Baptists believe, you can check out the Baptist Faith & Message to which many of us subscribe. Note, however, that we are not a creedal people, and nobody is forced to agree with this position.
    And then you pointed me to where I could find the exact same quote. So "If you'd like to see the best representation of what Southern Baptists believe" pointed me to a place where I saw exactly the same as I saw among the "crazy", the "talking heads" and whatever you liked to call them.

And, again, this is why nobody enjoys conversing with you. It's like you work hard to try to misconstrue something so you can argue it.
    You took issues with a correct quote. I asked you for the reasons. Provide it instead of claiming i misconstrue something.

I took issue with you thinking you know anything about the Southern Baptists, you goofus. You have been CONSISTENTLY wrong about so many things.
    That is a claim that you are yet to support. Based on the above I would like to see some more support. I know and have pointed out that we find members of the cult of death among the Southern Baptists.
    Last edited by Charles; 10-21-2019, 03:27 PM.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      You took issues with a correct quote.
      I took issue with you getting your information from a hit piece from CNN - I pointed you to the correct site.

Now, do you actually have a point?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I took issue with you getting your information from CNN - I pointed you to the correct site.
        Where I found the same information despite your description of CNN ("Crazy", "talking heads" and the like)

Now, do you actually have a point?
        See above.

Since you are concerned about the cult of death (and rightly so) I wonder why you are trying to do your best to take focus away from it as soon as it is found among the Southern Baptists.
        Last edited by Charles; 10-21-2019, 03:36 PM.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Since you are concerned about the cult of death (and rightly so) I wonder why you are trying to do your best to take focus away from it as soon as it is found among the Southern Baptists.
          You're making no sense at all -

A) It's the "culture of death", not the "cult of death" - I wasn't calling anybody a cult.
          2) I was showing your the Baptist Faith & Message minus all the editorial crap you pointed to from CNN's hit piece.

Now, again, do you actually have a point?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You're making no sense at all -

A) It's the "culture of death", not the "cult of death" - I wasn't calling anybody a cult.
            2) I was showing your the Baptist Faith & Message minus all the editorial crap you pointed to from CNN's hit piece.

Now, again, do you actually have a point?
            The "crap" on CNN and what was on the page you pointed me to was the same. That is one interesting point. If you are too worried about attacking others for no valid reasons you must live with the consequences when it turns out your reasons were no good.

Are you seriously suggesting there is nothing to be worried about when people join the cult of death or why are you asking what the point is?

Comment

The "crap" on CNN and what was on the page you pointed me to was the same.
              No, the EDITORIAL crap on CNN is NOT on the SBC website.

That is one interesting point.
              You have a strange sense of "interest".

If you are too worried about attacking others for no valid reasons you must live with the consequences when it turns out your reasons were no good.
              What, exactly, do you think I'm "worried" about?

Are you seriously suggesting there is nothing to be worried about when people join the cult of death or why are you asking what the point is?
              OK, try this. Put down what you're smoking, take a break, and come back when you can actually make sense, OK?

Comment

No, the EDITORIAL crap on CNN is NOT on the SBC website.

You have a strange sense of "interest".

What, exactly, do you think I'm "worried" about?

OK, try this. Put down what you're smoking, take a break, and come back when you can actually make sense, OK?
                Too many ad hominems for me to worry about answering. If you can provide good reasons or questions that do not rely on personal attacks and the like I will be happy to continue.

Comment

Too many ad hominems for me to worry about answering.
                  But you never fail to whine about an ad hom. That's rather snowflake of you, Charles.

If you can provide good reasons or questions that do not rely on personal attacks and the like I will be happy to continue.
                  Yeah, I lay awake every night worrying about you continuing.

Evidently, you never had a point to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    So killing millions of our own offspring is a culture of life...
                    “Offspring” is defined as: “A person's child or children”. Oxford. A zygote, embryo or fetus are not usually referred to as "offspring". Including by very many people throughout Judeo/Christian history for whom a fetus is not a “living person” until it takes “the breath of life.”

This is echoed by the likes of the Southern Baptist Convention’s president at the time of the Roe ruling, Dallas First Baptist Church preacher W. A. Criswell. He celebrated the 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling by taking the time to write that he was pleased: “I have always felt that it was only after a child was born and had a life separate from its mother that it became an individual person, and it has always, therefore, seemed to me that what is best for the mother and for the future should be allowed.”

And a record number of Americans (71 percent) would agree with him. "They are opposed to overturning the landmark Supreme Court ruling that recognized abortion as a woman's constitutional right.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ded-Roe-v-Wade
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      “Offspring” is defined as: “A person's child or children”. Oxford. A zygote, embryo or fetus are not usually referred to as "offspring". Including by very many people throughout Judeo/Christian history for whom a fetus is not a “living person” until it takes “the breath of life.”
                      When you say "not usually referred to", you're excluding a very high number of actual biologists.

Biologists' Consensus on 'When Life Begins'

Overall, 95% of all biologists affirmed the biological view that a human's life begins at fertilization (5212 out of 5502).

HUMAN LIFE is overwhelmingly recognized by BIOLOGISTS as beginning at conception - disciples of the culture of death ignore science and come up with convoluted excuses to continue the slaughter.

Comment

When you say "not usually referred to", you're excluding a very high number of actual biologists.

Overall, 95% of all biologists affirmed the biological view that a human's life begins at fertilization (5212 out of 5502).

HUMAN LIFE is overwhelmingly recognized by BIOLOGISTS as beginning at conception - disciples of the culture of death ignore science and come up with convoluted excuses to continue the slaughter.
                        The "Party of Science" seems awfully confused these days about basic biology.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You're confusing human life with a HUMAN BEING. A fetus is human life, in a sense, but it is not a human being.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            This is echoed by the likes of the Southern Baptist Convention’s president at the time of the Roe ruling, Dallas First Baptist Church preacher W. A. Criswell. ...
                            Are you purposely being dishonest here, or are you simply demonstrating some more of your profound ignorance of all things Southern Baptist? Criswell was President of the SBC from 1968-1970.

You can't even get your facts straight. By "the time of the ruling", Criswell had already been out of office for 3 years.

Further, Criswell preached that you were lost and going to Hell without receiving Christ as Savior. You embrace that, too, yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              You're confusing human life with a HUMAN BEING. A fetus is human life, in a sense, but it is not a human being.
                              No, I'm not. If it's not a HUMAN BEING when it began it's life, what type of "being" is it? The deceptive word games that abortion activists use is "person" as opposed to "human being".

From the cite I provided...

A sample of 5,502 biologists from 1,058 academic institutions assessed statements representing the biological view ‘a human’s life begins at fertilization’. This view was used because previous polls and surveys suggest many Americans and medical experts hold this view. Each of the three statements representing that view was affirmed by a consensus of biologists (75-91%). The participants were separated into 60 groups and each statement was affirmed by a consensus of each group, including biologists that identified as very pro-choice (69-90%), very pro-life (92-97%), very liberal (70-91%), very conservative (94-96%), strong Democrats (74-91%), and strong Republicans (89-94%). Overall, 95% of all biologists affirmed the biological view that a human's life begins at fertilization (5212 out of 5502).

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                So when we lost one of our children, in utero, my husband not I shouldn’t have been heartbroken about the death of our child and shouldn’t of had a funeral? You truly are sick.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment