Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why I Voted For Trump...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And this would be the opinion of a leftist anti-Christian bigot.
    Unfortunately it is also the opinion of quite many evangelicals. There is nothing anti-Christian about pointing that out. I know many Christians who would agree and who are sick and tired of hearing evangelicals support what should be critiziced. Taking issues with how some or most white evangelicals act and behave these days does not necessarily mean you take issues with Christianity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Unfortunately it is also the opinion of quite many evangelicals. There is nothing anti-Christian about pointing that out. I know many Christians who would agree and who are sick and tired of hearing evangelicals support what should be critiziced. Taking issues with how some or most white evangelicals act and behave these days does not necessarily mean you take issues with Christianity.
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-02-2019, 10:14 AM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Unfortunately it is also the opinion of quite many evangelicals.
        A) Got a cite for that?
        2) So what?

There is nothing anti-Christian about pointing that out.
        An anti-Christian bigot doesn't ALWAYS have to say anti-Christian things, Charles.

I know many Christians who would agree and who are sick and tired of hearing evangelicals support what should be critiziced.
        What an incredibly persuasive argument!

Taking issues with how some or most white evangelicals act and behave these days does not necessarily mean you take issues with Christianity.
        Thanks, Nanny.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A) Got a cite for that?
          2) So what?
          A) Yes. Tassman wrote: "No wonder the Evangelicals love him". If you want an example of that (that I have given you before) it goes like this:

Washington Post asks Jerry Falwell Jr "Is there anything President Trump could do that would endanger that support from you or other evangelical leaders?" The answer (as you may remember) was plain and simple: "No"

2) So, I gave the quote you aksed for. It is probably not going to worry you as much as a statement made by Tassman that was not anti Christian.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          An anti-Christian bigot doesn't ALWAYS have to say anti-Christian things, Charles.
          Correct. But calling others anti-Christian bigots when they make statements that are not anti-Christian is confusing at best and gives the impression you somehow don't understand the concepts.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          What an incredibly persuasive argument!
          If you have an actual point feel free to share it.

Comment

If you have an actual point feel free to share it.
            Same to you, Charles.

Have a wonderful day!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Correct. But calling others anti-Christian bigots when they make statements that are not anti-Christian is confusing at best and gives the impression you somehow don't understand the concepts.
              Charles, an anti-Christian bigot can order chocolate ice cream. I wouldn't consider that an "anti-Christian statement", but it doesn't change the fact that they are an anti-Christian bigot.

Comment

Same to you, Charles.

Have a wonderful day!
                Seems there was a lot in the post that it was convenient for you to ignore. Or perhaps you agreed with it?

Comment

Because Charles it is much more nuanced than that. They say a man is know by his enemies, and Trump's enemies are largely leftists - so why jump on their bandwagon criticize him? Like I said in my OP the courts are my main concern and there Trump has kept his promises - fully. I'm certainly not going to join the late term abortion left that is trying to bring him down. Do I overlook things I shouldn't, yes but what is the alternative - the baby killing left?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Because Charles it is much more nuanced than that. They say a man is know by his enemies, and Trump's enemies are largely leftists - so why jump on their bandwagon criticize him? Like I said in my OP the courts are my main concern and there Trump has kept his promises - fully. I'm certainly not going to join the late term abortion left that is trying to bring him down. Do I overlook things I shouldn't, yes but what is the alternative - the baby killing left?
                    Here is the most interesting part of your post: "Do I overlook things I shouldn't, yes [...]"

If you have good reasons to support Trump on some areas why does that prevent you from being critical on what he does on other areas? Is there really any need for this to be such an "us and them" fight in which you need to overlook things? Did you not initially make the statement that "it is much more nuanced than that"?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Fify.
                      Bugger off. I wasn't talking to you, although my comment fits you to a T.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        Your bigotry is showing.
                        He wears bigotry like a tiara.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Here is the most interesting part of your post: "Do I overlook things I shouldn't, yes [...]"

If you have good reasons to support Trump on some areas why does that prevent you from being critical on what he does on other areas? Is there really any need for this to be such an "us and them" fight in which you need to overlook things? Did you not initially make the statement that "it is much more nuanced than that"?
                          Why should I pile on Sam? The left and others are doing that everyday, everywhere. Remember Trump was not my first chose, Walker was. He wasn't even my second or third choice. And of course it is an us and them fight - the left was talking impeachment from day one. As far as I'm concerned the left is deeply wicked and as bad as Trump can be his policies align with mine.
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Why should I pile on Sam? The left and others are doing that everyday, everywhere. Remember Trump was not my first chose, Walker was. He wasn't even my second or third choice. And of course it is an us and them fight - the left was talking impeachment from day one. As far as I'm concerned the left is deeply wicked and as bad as Trump can be his policies align with mine.
                            It seems you suddenly claim there is not much, if anything, to overlook?

Comment

It seems you suddenly claim there is not much, if anything, to overlook?
                              Where did I say that? His peccadilloes certainly don't rise to the ungodly, anti-america ideals of the left...

Comment

• Like this twit:

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/...-than-freedom/

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/statu...88479245950976
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment