Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why I Voted For Trump...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Some, such as Virginia governor Ralph Northam, are already testing the waters of supporting "post birth abortion" or good old fashioned infanticide. No real surprise there though since they've been progressively heading in that direction for some time now.
    This is another falsehood, repeated without care of fact. Northam was explicitly talking about non-viable fetuses born in the third trimester. He made that clear in the moment and his spokesman reiterated it when the right wing media outlets took him out of context.

You do a disservice to truth by repeating falsehoods without care.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      No. They overwhelmingly support repealing the Hyde Amendment and codifying Roe v. Wade into law.

https://www.vox.com/2019/6/22/186932...-amendment-roe

As do the majority of people in the US, including you lot until 50 years ago as reflected in a 1971 Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) resolution. Baptist Press was also supportive of the Roe v. Wade decision, covering it approvingly and publishing a lengthy interview with one of the Roe lawyers who was a Southern Baptist.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/b...-culture-wars/

And a first trimester abortion still kills an innocent human being.
      A fetus in the first trimester is without a functioning brain, it is neither “innocent” nor “guilty”. It is not a viable entity. The vast majority of abortions occur in the first trimester.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        No. They overwhelmingly support repealing the Hyde Amendment and codifying Roe v. Wade into law.

https://www.vox.com/2019/6/22/186932...-amendment-roe

As do the majority of people in the US, including you lot until 50 years ago as reflected in a 1971 Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) resolution. Baptist Press was also supportive of the Roe v. Wade decision, covering it approvingly and publishing a lengthy interview with one of the Roe lawyers who was a Southern Baptist.
        Right they want tax dollars for abortions - another reason to oppose them. And the FACT is the Dems are getting moral radical when it comes to late term abortion.

A fetus in the first trimester is without a functioning brain, it is neither “innocent” nor “guilty”. It is not a viable entity. The vast majority of abortions occur in the first trimester.
        The fact is that is a living human being, and a just born baby is not viable - it too has to depend on others.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Jim, do you actually believe that anybody here buys into your childish copycat crap, and your incredibly dishonest jackassery?

You just show what a fool you are with practically every post.
          It's not copycat, CP, it just a parody of your blind ironic accussations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            It's not copycat, CP, it just a parody of your blind ironic accussations.
            It was copycat pure and simple, Jimmy, and not the first time - you're not smart enough to use parody on purpose.

You ARE parody.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              It was copycat pure and simple, Jimmy, and not the first time - you're not smart enough to use parody on purpose.

You ARE parody.
              Shouldn't you be in church ministering to the flock, CP.

Comment

Shouldn't you be in church ministering to the flock, CP.
                Shouldn't you be minding your own business, TJ?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Right they want tax dollars for abortions - another reason to oppose them.
                  So, you would have supported Argentina when it forced an 11-year old girl, who became pregnant after being raped, to give birth. But of course, you would. It's easy being righteous at some else's expense.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...fuses-abortion

And the FACT is the Dems are getting moral radical when it comes to late term abortion.
                  Some. NOT the majority and it’s dishonest to imply that they are representative of the majority. The majority overwhelmingly supports repealing the Hyde Amendment and codifying Roe v. Wade into law as per my previous link. As do most people in the US. This is not radical. Roe v Wade was actually supported by Evangelicals when it was first ruled upon.

The fact is that is a living human being, and a just born baby is not viable - it too has to depend on others.
                  During the first trimester, which is when the vast majority of abortions occur, the developing fetus is NOT a viable entity outside of the womb under any circumstances, which is the point.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    So, you would have supported Argentina when it forced an 11-year old girl, who became pregnant after being raped, to give birth. But of course, you would. It's easy being righteous at some else's expense.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...fuses-abortion
                    This is the tactic of the pro-abortion crowd - find a particularly heinous case and use that as an umbrella for all abortions.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      This is the tactic of the pro-abortion crowd - find a particularly heinous case and use that as an umbrella for all abortions.
                      That doesn't answer the question, Bill. Would you have supported the forcing of the 11 year old rape victim to give birth, or not?

Comment

That doesn't answer the question, Bill. Would you have supported the forcing of the 11 year old rape victim to give birth, or not?
                        It answers the question fine Jimmy. The pro death crowd likes to cherry pick examples and ignore that 99.9% of abortions have little to nothing to do with the situation. Most abortions are not 11 year olds or women who are likely to die if the pregnancy continues, most are done for the act of convince and nothing more.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          It answers the question fine Jimmy. The pro death crowd likes to cherry pick examples and ignore that 99.9% of abortions have little to nothing to do with the situation. Most abortions are not 11 year olds or women who are likely to die if the pregnancy continues, most are done for the act of convince and nothing more.
                          It still was not an answer, and you don't provide one either. So, let me repeat the question: "Would you have supported the forcing of the 11 year old rape victim to give birth, or not?"

Feel free to not give an answer (I cannot do so myself). However, claiming something is answered when it clearly is not is to avoid the issue.
                          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            It still was not an answer, and you don't provide one either. So, let me repeat the question: "Would you have supported the forcing of the 11 year old rape victim to give birth, or not?"

Feel free to not give an answer (I cannot do so myself). However, claiming something is answered when it clearly is not is to avoid the issue.
                            What is cherry picking, Alex?

The question was answer quite well, you just don’t like the answer.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              What is cherry picking, Alex?

The question was answer quite well, you just don’t like the answer.
                              Still no answer. Yes or no?

(I am not saying it is simple. I admit I cannot answer and don't claim I have done so.)
                              Last edited by Charles; 10-07-2019, 09:50 AM.
                              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                Still no answer. Yes or no?

(I am not saying it is simple. I admit I cannot answer and don't claim I have done so.)
                                What is a loaded question, Alex?

Extreme examples don’t disprove the general rule.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment