Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why I Voted For Trump...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Unfortunately the culture of death for no other reason than "but that's what we WANT" goes a lot further than that:
    Only the most morally bankrupt among us would seek to equate deporting someone who illegally (criminally) enters the country to murdering the most innocent of all human life

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Only the most morally bankrupt among us would seek to equate deporting someone who illegally (criminally) enters the country to murdering the most innocent of all human life
      EGGzackly.

Abortion has as its primary goal the death of a human being. The abortion is not successful unless somebody ends up dead.
      Trump's policies, though they may tragically result in death, are not crafted for that purpose.

No comparison whatsoever.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Where is that equation made?

Carring about those who are born and the innocent children, amonst others, who have to live, or die, because of the cruel policies is in no way being morally bankrupt. It is actually the opposite. It seems you are working in extremes in which abortion is the ultimate evil while you pay almost no attention to all the evil consequences caused in other context to the human life. At least you ignored some parts of the text like Cow Poke has also consistently done and continues to do because you simply have no valid answer.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

At least you ignored some parts of the text like Cow Poke has also consistently done and continues to do because you simply have no valid answer.
          A) The first part of your statement makes no sense.
          2) The second part of your statement is just flat out wrong.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            EGGzackly.

Abortion has as its primary goal the death of a human being. The abortion is not successful unless somebody ends up dead.
            Trump's policies, though they may tragically result in death, are not crafted for that purpose.

No comparison whatsoever.
            Well, if you care for all human life and if it is predictable that the policies will result in death and suffering for the lives you claim to hold of infinite value it would make quite a lot of sense to oppose those policies even if the "primary goal" is not as obviously evil. There is no reason at all to ignore it, especially if you are pro life.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Well, if you care for all human life
              I do.

and if it is predictable that the policies will result in death and suffering for the lives you claim to hold of infinite value
              "infinite value"?

it would make quite a lot of sense to oppose those policies even if the "primary goal" is not as obviously evil. There is no reason at all to ignore it, especially if you are pro life.
              Because I have not endlessly ranted like a crazy person filled with hatred for Trump does not in any mean that I endorse Trump's policies.

Comment

Because I have not endlessly ranted like a crazy person filled with hatred for Trump does not in any mean that I endorse Trump's policies.
                Thank you for providing such a good example showing exactly what I have pointed out before.

We are now finding ourselves in a situation in which we are discussing very serious consequences that other people will have to live with or die as a consequence of. In this discussion you have continued to ignore certain consequences caused to other human beings and you have tried to take focus away. You got quite near to answering a few posts ago though.

In this discussion, where we are ultimately talking the death of other people in the context of being "pro life", you are going to such extremes as calling those who continue to point to the severe human consequences "a crazy person filled with hatred for Trump". Thus you are making the point that the criticism is not valid. Once again turning a blind eye to consequnces prefering to attack the messenger. This description of the messenger as being a hateful person and crazy will, if it works, take focus away from the message thus making it harder to put focus on the tragic human consequences.

Having come this far it is quite obvious that the last part of your statement: "does not in any mean that I endorse Trump's policies" can hardly be the whole truth. You endorse it to the degree that you work to silence the criticism. You endorse it to the degree that you call the critics of it hateful and crazy. That does not mean you completely agree with it but it is quite obvious that you are not so concerned about the consequences that you are able to see the criticism as valid enough to be dealt with. Calling for Trump to close his twitter account while remaning silent or taking focus away when we talk about life or death for those who have to live or die as a result of his policies is not much of a criticism and may actually work to take focus away from the real consequences.

Comment

Where is that equation made?
                  Did you actually bother to read what you posted?

Trump's "every life is sacred" remark was made at the annual National Prayer Breakfast and was a strong pro-life stance -- which your source immediately compares to deporting illegals.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Did you actually bother to read what you posted?

Trump's "every life is sacred" remark was made at the annual National Prayer Breakfast and was a strong pro-life stance -- which your source immediately compares to deporting illegals.
                    Again where is the equation? The fact that she mentions it in that context does not mean she equates it. Quite basic logic. Something can be important in a context without being equally as important. You know that.

And note your own language in which you prefer to talk about "illegals" instead of human beings. We had this discussion with regard to family separations in which some prefered to focus on "illegals" turning the blind eye to the innocent children. And, if you need it explained in detail, I do not equate killing a child with taking a child from its' mother with no plans for reunification. But I certainly do think the latter should be condemned and I continue to be surprised by all those who try to cover it up talking about "illegals" while claiming to care about the well being of other human beings.

Comment

Thank you for providing such a good example showing exactly what I have pointed out before.
                      It's kinda sad that you get your jollies from thinking you're right.

Comment

We are now finding ourselves in a situation in which we are discussing very serious consequences that other people will have to live with or die as a consequence of. In this discussion you have continued to ignore certain consequences caused to other human beings and you have tried to take focus away. You got quite near to answering a few posts ago though.
                        Charles, just because I don't rant and rave like a lunatic every time Trump does something stupid doesn't mean I approve of his policies. I clearly have been critical of Trump in other regards.

And I really don't care that some internet feels like he has to force me into saying what he wants me to say, and won't be happy until I do.

Comment

It is the culture of death hanging onto a horrible decision for no other reason than "but that's what we WANT".
                          Your favorite phrase: “the culture of death” has a ring to it certainly, but it’s not the reality. It is the culture of women’s right to choose, NOT the culture of death.

When Roe v Wade was first decided many Christians applauded it as an appropriate articulation of the division between church and state, between personal morality and state regulation of individual behavior. As W. Barry Garrett of Baptist Press wrote at the time: “Religious liberty, human equality and justice are advanced by the Supreme Court abortion decision.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ded-Roe-v-Wade

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Perhaps. That doesn't change the fact that it was a horrible legal decision.
                          Some think so, not the majority.
                          Last edited by Tassman; 10-21-2019, 12:04 AM.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            Your favorite phrase: “the culture of death”.
                            Actually, my favorite phrase is "Its' all about Jesus", followed by "God is Good", then "All the time". "The Culture of Death" isn't even the top ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              Your favorite phrase: “the culture of death” has a ring to it certainly, but it’s not the reality. It is the culture of women’s right to choose, NOT the culture of death.
                              So killing millions of our own offspring is a culture of life...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                So killing millions of our own offspring is a culture of life...
                                And, since over half of the unborn are female, this 'women's right to choose' to kill their baby disproportionally targets future women!

Strange cult, this culture of death.

Comment