Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Voted For Trump...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    When you say "not usually referred to", you're excluding a very high number of actual biologists.

Biologists' Consensus on 'When Life Begins'

Overall, 95% of all biologists affirmed the biological view that a human's life begins at fertilization (5212 out of 5502).

HUMAN LIFE is overwhelmingly recognized by BIOLOGISTS as beginning at conception - disciples of the culture of death ignore science and come up with convoluted excuses to continue the slaughter.
    The "Party of Science" seems awfully confused these days about basic biology.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    When you say "not usually referred to", you're excluding a very high number of actual biologists.

Biologists' Consensus on 'When Life Begins'

Overall, 95% of all biologists affirmed the biological view that a human's life begins at fertilization (5212 out of 5502).

HUMAN LIFE is overwhelmingly recognized by BIOLOGISTS as beginning at conception - disciples of the culture of death ignore science and come up with convoluted excuses to continue the slaughter.
    You're confusing human life with a HUMAN BEING. A fetus is human life, in a sense, but it is not a human being.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    This is echoed by the likes of the Southern Baptist Convention’s president at the time of the Roe ruling, Dallas First Baptist Church preacher W. A. Criswell. ...
    Are you purposely being dishonest here, or are you simply demonstrating some more of your profound ignorance of all things Southern Baptist? Criswell was President of the SBC from 1968-1970.

You can't even get your facts straight. By "the time of the ruling", Criswell had already been out of office for 3 years.

Further, Criswell preached that you were lost and going to Hell without receiving Christ as Savior. You embrace that, too, yes?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    You're confusing human life with a HUMAN BEING. A fetus is human life, in a sense, but it is not a human being.
    No, I'm not. If it's not a HUMAN BEING when it began it's life, what type of "being" is it? The deceptive word games that abortion activists use is "person" as opposed to "human being".

From the cite I provided...

A sample of 5,502 biologists from 1,058 academic institutions assessed statements representing the biological view ‘a human’s life begins at fertilization’. This view was used because previous polls and surveys suggest many Americans and medical experts hold this view. Each of the three statements representing that view was affirmed by a consensus of biologists (75-91%). The participants were separated into 60 groups and each statement was affirmed by a consensus of each group, including biologists that identified as very pro-choice (69-90%), very pro-life (92-97%), very liberal (70-91%), very conservative (94-96%), strong Democrats (74-91%), and strong Republicans (89-94%). Overall, 95% of all biologists affirmed the biological view that a human's life begins at fertilization (5212 out of 5502).

5. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    So when we lost one of our children, in utero, my husband not I shouldn’t have been heartbroken about the death of our child and shouldn’t of had a funeral? You truly are sick.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

7. Amen Cow Poke, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    The "Party of Science" seems awfully confused these days about basic biology.
    They abandon biology - one of the "hard sciences" and turn to psychology and sociology and other "soft sciences".

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    So when we lost one of our children, in utero, my husband not I shouldn’t have been heartbroken about the death of our child and shouldn’t of had a funeral? You truly are sick.
    My wife was so excited when "we became pregnant", and grieved at the "loss of our first baby". She had already decorated the nursery, and prepared for his arrival.
    I can just imagine Tassman standing before her and explaining how silly it is to grieve, as it was just a blob of cells.

10. Amen lilpixieofterror, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They abandon biology - one of the "hard sciences" and turn to psychology and sociology and other "soft sciences".

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

12. Amen Cow Poke, lilpixieofterror amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My wife was so excited when "we became pregnant", and grieved at the "loss of our first baby". She had already decorated the nursery, and prepared for his arrival.
    I can just imagine Tassman standing before her and explaining how silly it is to grieve, as it was just a blob of cells.
    We had bought a stroller, baby cloths, diapers, etc. and packing it all away or having to explain what happened to our other kids wasn’t an easy thing. Losing a child, even one you barely knew, is among the worse things you can go through.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

14. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, I'm not. If it's not a HUMAN BEING when it began it's life, what type of "being" is it? The deceptive word games that abortion activists use is "person" as opposed to "human being".

From the cite I provided...

A sample of 5,502 biologists from 1,058 academic institutions assessed statements representing the biological view ‘a human’s life begins at fertilization’. This view was used because previous polls and surveys suggest many Americans and medical experts hold this view. Each of the three statements representing that view was affirmed by a consensus of biologists (75-91%). The participants were separated into 60 groups and each statement was affirmed by a consensus of each group, including biologists that identified as very pro-choice (69-90%), very pro-life (92-97%), very liberal (70-91%), very conservative (94-96%), strong Democrats (74-91%), and strong Republicans (89-94%). Overall, 95% of all biologists affirmed the biological view that a human's life begins at fertilization (5212 out of 5502).
    It doesn't matter how one defines it, there can be no justification for the current US trend in abortion circles for fighting for the 'right' to do abortions for any reason through the end of pregnancy. But neither side wants science to get involved, because science can't justify calling a fetus at one day of gestation a 'person', any more than it can it justify calling one at 5 months or later (current age of viability outside the womb) NOT a person. And the reality is, any scientific definition of when a fetus transitions scientifically from something not quite a person to a person will be way too early in the process to make any American advocate for abortion comfortable.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

16. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.