Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 868

Thread: Why I Voted For Trump...

  1. #681
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,531
    Amen (Given)
    12286
    Amen (Received)
    26278
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Well, if you care for all human life
    I do.

    and if it is predictable that the policies will result in death and suffering for the lives you claim to hold of infinite value
    "infinite value"?

    it would make quite a lot of sense to oppose those policies even if the "primary goal" is not as obviously evil. There is no reason at all to ignore it, especially if you are pro life.
    Because I have not endlessly ranted like a crazy person filled with hatred for Trump does not in any mean that I endorse Trump's policies.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  2. #682
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,556
    Amen (Given)
    1149
    Amen (Received)
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Because I have not endlessly ranted like a crazy person filled with hatred for Trump does not in any mean that I endorse Trump's policies.
    Thank you for providing such a good example showing exactly what I have pointed out before.

    We are now finding ourselves in a situation in which we are discussing very serious consequences that other people will have to live with or die as a consequence of. In this discussion you have continued to ignore certain consequences caused to other human beings and you have tried to take focus away. You got quite near to answering a few posts ago though.

    In this discussion, where we are ultimately talking the death of other people in the context of being "pro life", you are going to such extremes as calling those who continue to point to the severe human consequences "a crazy person filled with hatred for Trump". Thus you are making the point that the criticism is not valid. Once again turning a blind eye to consequnces prefering to attack the messenger. This description of the messenger as being a hateful person and crazy will, if it works, take focus away from the message thus making it harder to put focus on the tragic human consequences.

    Having come this far it is quite obvious that the last part of your statement: "does not in any mean that I endorse Trump's policies" can hardly be the whole truth. You endorse it to the degree that you work to silence the criticism. You endorse it to the degree that you call the critics of it hateful and crazy. That does not mean you completely agree with it but it is quite obvious that you are not so concerned about the consequences that you are able to see the criticism as valid enough to be dealt with. Calling for Trump to close his twitter account while remaning silent or taking focus away when we talk about life or death for those who have to live or die as a result of his policies is not much of a criticism and may actually work to take focus away from the real consequences.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

  3. #683
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,274
    Amen (Given)
    1130
    Amen (Received)
    19554
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Where is that equation made?
    Did you actually bother to read what you posted?

    Trump's "every life is sacred" remark was made at the annual National Prayer Breakfast and was a strong pro-life stance -- which your source immediately compares to deporting illegals.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  4. #684
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,556
    Amen (Given)
    1149
    Amen (Received)
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Did you actually bother to read what you posted?

    Trump's "every life is sacred" remark was made at the annual National Prayer Breakfast and was a strong pro-life stance -- which your source immediately compares to deporting illegals.
    Again where is the equation? The fact that she mentions it in that context does not mean she equates it. Quite basic logic. Something can be important in a context without being equally as important. You know that.

    And note your own language in which you prefer to talk about "illegals" instead of human beings. We had this discussion with regard to family separations in which some prefered to focus on "illegals" turning the blind eye to the innocent children. And, if you need it explained in detail, I do not equate killing a child with taking a child from its' mother with no plans for reunification. But I certainly do think the latter should be condemned and I continue to be surprised by all those who try to cover it up talking about "illegals" while claiming to care about the well being of other human beings.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

  5. #685
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,531
    Amen (Given)
    12286
    Amen (Received)
    26278
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Thank you for providing such a good example showing exactly what I have pointed out before.
    It's kinda sad that you get your jollies from thinking you're right.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  6. #686
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,531
    Amen (Given)
    12286
    Amen (Received)
    26278
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    We are now finding ourselves in a situation in which we are discussing very serious consequences that other people will have to live with or die as a consequence of. In this discussion you have continued to ignore certain consequences caused to other human beings and you have tried to take focus away. You got quite near to answering a few posts ago though.
    Charles, just because I don't rant and rave like a lunatic every time Trump does something stupid doesn't mean I approve of his policies. I clearly have been critical of Trump in other regards.

    And I really don't care that some internet feels like he has to force me into saying what he wants me to say, and won't be happy until I do.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  7. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  8. #687
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,557
    Amen (Given)
    2513
    Amen (Received)
    1831
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It is the culture of death hanging onto a horrible decision for no other reason than "but that's what we WANT".
    Your favorite phrase: “the culture of death” has a ring to it certainly, but it’s not the reality. It is the culture of women’s right to choose, NOT the culture of death.

    When Roe v Wade was first decided many Christians applauded it as an appropriate articulation of the division between church and state, between personal morality and state regulation of individual behavior. As W. Barry Garrett of Baptist Press wrote at the time: “Religious liberty, human equality and justice are advanced by the Supreme Court abortion decision.”

    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ded-Roe-v-Wade

    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Perhaps. That doesn't change the fact that it was a horrible legal decision.
    Some think so, not the majority.
    Last edited by Tassman; 10-20-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  9. #688
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,531
    Amen (Given)
    12286
    Amen (Received)
    26278
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Your favorite phrase: “the culture of death”.
    Actually, my favorite phrase is "Its' all about Jesus", followed by "God is Good", then "All the time". "The Culture of Death" isn't even the top ten.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  10. #689
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,500
    Amen (Given)
    1799
    Amen (Received)
    5221
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Your favorite phrase: “the culture of death” has a ring to it certainly, but it’s not the reality. It is the culture of women’s right to choose, NOT the culture of death.
    So killing millions of our own offspring is a culture of life...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  11. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  12. #690
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,531
    Amen (Given)
    12286
    Amen (Received)
    26278
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    So killing millions of our own offspring is a culture of life...
    And, since over half of the unborn are female, this 'women's right to choose' to kill their baby disproportionally targets future women!

    Strange cult, this culture of death.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •