Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 868

Thread: Why I Voted For Trump...

  1. #711
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,531
    Amen (Given)
    12286
    Amen (Received)
    26278
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Whining?
    yup
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  2. #712
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,634
    Amen (Given)
    1514
    Amen (Received)
    3238
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Whining? I have no problem when you so obviously demonstrate that you do not have anything of substance to adress my points. If you would like to prove me wrong skip the ad hominems and provide some good reasons.
    Your point is you’re playing more of your silly games.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  3. #713
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,556
    Amen (Given)
    1149
    Amen (Received)
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    yup
    You skipped a huge part of that post. Ad hominems and ignoring wont get you far.

  4. #714
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,531
    Amen (Given)
    12286
    Amen (Received)
    26278
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    You skipped a huge part of that post.
    Yes, I did.

    Ad hominems and ignoring wont get you far.
    And rolling in the mud with you will?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  5. #715
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,556
    Amen (Given)
    1149
    Amen (Received)
    491
    Some more information about where the Southern Baptists stand with regard to abortion:

    The SBC's official position on abortion is that "all human life is a sacred gift from our sovereign God" and that abortion is only moral in "very rare cases where the life of the mother is clearly in danger."
    Even among Southern Baptists, though, there is some diversity of opinion on abortion.
    Three in 10 Southern Baptists say abortion should be legal in most circumstances, according to a recent survey by the Pew Research Center.
    Overall, 61% of white evangelical Protestants oppose abortion rights, which is actually down from 70% in 2017. To put that number in context, far more white evangelicals (76%) supported President Trump's ban on immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries. https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/23/p...ama/index.html
    So, seemingly, quite many of the Southern Baptists are also members of the cult of death.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

  6. #716
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,531
    Amen (Given)
    12286
    Amen (Received)
    26278
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Some more information about where the Southern Baptists stand with regard to abortion:



    So, seemingly, quite many of the Southern Baptists are also members of the cult of death.
    This may come as a big shock to you, Charles, but just being a "Southern Baptist" does not mean one is a born-again Christian.

    Further, as has already been pointed out, we don't have a pope, and your quote that the "SBC's official position" is part of the OPINION piece you cited from those crazy right wing conservative nutjobs at CNN.

    If you'd like to see the best representation of what Southern Baptists believe, you can check out the Baptist Faith & Message to which many of us subscribe. Note, however, that we are not a creedal people, and nobody is forced to agree with this position.

    Baptist Faith & Message

    You can quote "talking heads" and opinion surveys all you want, but the above is what we voted as our platform at our annual meetings.

    Has Tassman enlisted you to be his henchman on messing with Southern Baptists?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  7. #717
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,556
    Amen (Given)
    1149
    Amen (Received)
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Further, as has already been pointed out, we don't have a pope, and your quote that the "SBC's official position" is part of the OPINION piece you cited from those crazy right wing conservative nutjobs at CNN.

    If you'd like to see the best representation of what Southern Baptists believe, you can check out the Baptist Faith & Message to which many of us subscribe. Note, however, that we are not a creedal people, and nobody is forced to agree with this position.
    So here is the little fact check. Here is what was in the quote that you described as being from "the OPINION piece you cited from those crazy right wing conservative nutjobs at CNN."

    "all human life is a sacred gift from our sovereign God" and that abortion is only moral in "very rare cases where the life of the mother is clearly in danger." https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/23/p...ama/index.html
    Here is what you find at sbc.net (yes, the source you yourself pointed to):

    [...]all human life is a sacred gift from our sovereign God and therefore that all abortions, except in those very rare cases where the life of the mother is clearly in danger, are wrong[...] http://www.sbc.net/resolutions/26/re...h-abortion-ban
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You can quote "talking heads" and opinion surveys all you want, but the above is what we voted as our platform at our annual meetings.
    If you had known better you would have known that the "talking heads" and those you describe as crazy told us what we find on the source you yourself pointed to.
    Last edited by Charles; 10-21-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

  8. #718
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,531
    Amen (Given)
    12286
    Amen (Received)
    26278
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    So here is the little fact check. Here is what was in the quote that you described as being from "the OPINION piece you cited from those crazy right wing conservative nutjobs at CNN."
    And, perhaps it was lost on you that I was being a bit facetious that the folks at CNN would be considered conservative.

    Here is what you find at sbc.net (yes, the source you yourself pointed to):
    I know EXACTLY what it says, Charles, I helped write it.

    If you had known better you would have known that the "talking heads" and those you describe as crazy told us what we find on the source you yourself pointed to.
    Charles, this is why nobody enjoys having conversations with you. The CNN piece contained that one line, then went off into "But it's still about politics"....

    Now, do you actually have a point, or are you just carrying water for Tassman?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  9. #719
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,556
    Amen (Given)
    1149
    Amen (Received)
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And, perhaps it was lost on you that I was being a bit facetious that the folks at CNN would be considered conservative.
    I quoted your description of them. You cannot be too worried about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I know EXACTLY what it says, Charles, I helped write it.
    As I have demonstrated, you had at least seemingly forgotten what was in that text or had some other reason to suggest the description in the article was not correct though you knew it were? Or is there some other reason you want to suggest a correct and fair description was an opionion by "talking heads" and people you describe as crazy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Charles, this is why nobody enjoys having conversations with you. The CNN piece contained that one line, then went off into "But it's still about politics"....
    You, however, took issues with the line that was correct and spent your time adressing that. Somehow adressing a correct quote was more important than having a discussion about the rather large number of Southern Baptists who have joined the cult of death.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

  10. #720
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,531
    Amen (Given)
    12286
    Amen (Received)
    26278
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I quoted your description of them. You cannot be too worried about that.
    Without comment, so I suppose you bought it.

    As I have demonstrated, you had at least seemingly forgotten what was in that text
    You haven't demonstrated any such thing - I know that part by heart. I was objecting to the whole rest of the OPINION.

    or had some other reason to suggest the description in the article was not correct though you knew it were? Or is there some other reason you want to suggest a correct and fair description was an opionion by "talking heads" and people you describe as crazy?
    And, again, this is why nobody enjoys conversing with you. It's like you work hard to try to misconstrue something so you can argue it.

    You, however, took issues with the line that was correct and spent your time adressing that. Somehow adressing a correct qoute was more important than having a discussion about the rather large number of Southern Baptists who have joined the cult of death.
    I took issue with you thinking you know anything about the Southern Baptists, you goofus. You have been CONSISTENTLY wrong about so many things.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •