Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You like to play that card, but the last how many pages have been devoted to you, sparko, pix, and even rogue crazily, railing on and on about how wrong I am - even though I have shown each accusation to be false.

Including this one.

Jim
    When can I be as holy and perfect as you?

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It was simply observing the fact that you so frequently tend to make the argument about you, or you being attacked, or offended, or more holy or righteous than others --- it gets old.

There's nothing here for me to "admit being wrong" about.

Your false accusation of me of being "almost pathologically unable to admit you made a mistake" is nuts.

I'll try to return to my policy of ignoring your posts.
    CP, i didnt make this about me. You,Sparko, and pix did. Go reread from my first response where I told pix she misunderstood JimL. Nowhere have I attacked any of you personally. I have pointed out mistakes, defended my sekf moderately against attacks, and in your case I chose not to answer your request.

Jim

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    When can I be as holy and perfect as you?

Since Im neither holy nor perfect, anytime you wish I suppose.

Jim

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    CP, i didnt make this about me. You,Sparko, and pix did. Go reread from my first response where I told pix she misunderstood JimL. Nowhere have I attacked any of you personally. I have pointed out mistakes, defended my sekf moderately against attacks, and in your case I chose not to answer your request.

Jim
    talk to the hand.jpg
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That much is obvious. But it is your choice. I do wish I could break though the almost demonic irrationality that blinds you to what is actually happening here. I would like to suggest each of us actually pray about what is going on here. This sort of tirade is not God's doing. Nor is it the fruit of the Spirit.

Jim

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ...I do wish I could break though the almost demonic irrationality that blinds you...
    log-in-your-eye.jpg
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 09-16-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That is not the solution either cp. Again, I appeal to the nature of God in you that you wake up to what is happening here. This is not of God, nor is it of the Spirit of God. And it will take all of us to change it

Jim

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That much is obvious. But it is your choice. I do wish I could break though the almost demonic irrationality that blinds you to what is actually happening here. I would like to suggest each of us actually pray about what is going on here. This sort of tirade is not God's doing. Nor is it the fruit of the Spirit.

Jim
    "Almost demonic"? Do you have any idea what a serious charge that is to make against a fellow Christian? Go read Matthew 5:22. And then you have the gall to lecture us about prayer and fruits of the spirit.

Is it any wonder you are so often pegged as a hypocrite?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

11. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "Almost demonic"? Do you have any idea what a serious charge that is to make against a fellow Christian? Go read Matthew 5:22. And then you have the gall to lecture us about prayer and fruits of the spirit.

Is it any wonder you are so often pegged as a hypocrite?
    :says the man that accused me of worshipping a false messiah?

And yes, i would describe the irrationality that arises during our conversations as almost demonic. There is little to no sense to it. People become angry and irrational without any apparent cause. They dont understand what is being said and they see only evil in every word. But as is so often the case, once again you are off on the next race to create another such interaction as nothing ive said would invoke matthew 5:22.

Jesus rebuked even his own disciples for allowing themselves to be used as tools of satan. Christians often give in to the flesh, to anger, to bitterness, to fear, or to judgement and in doing so find themselves being used to accomplish Satan's goals in this world.

I would class a great deal of what happens in discussions here as fitting that bill. People abusing each other verbally day after day. No kindness, just insult afrer insult after insult.

And it just doesnt need to be that way. It should not be that way. At least not comming from the Christian participants.

Jim

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    :says the man that accused me of worshipping a false messiah?

And yes, i would describe the irrationality that arises during our conversations as almost demonic. There is little to no sense to it. People become angry and irrational without any apparent cause. They dont understand what is being said and they see only evil in every word. But as is so often the case, once again you are off on the next race to create another such interaction as nothing ive said would invoke matthew 5:22.

Jesus rebuked even his own disciples for allowing themselves to be used as tools of satan. Christians often give in to the flesh, to anger, to bitterness, to fear, or to judgement and in doing so find themselves being used to accomplish Satan's goals in this world.

I would class a great deal of what happens in discussions here as fitting that bill. People abusing each other verbally day after day. No kindness, just insult afrer insult after insult.

And it just doesnt need to be that way. It should not be that way. At least not comming from the Christian participants.

Jim
    And you don't even realize that you just perfectly described yourself...
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra