Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 159

Thread: Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

  1. #61
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,682
    Amen (Given)
    305
    Amen (Received)
    1608
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    So you can’t know that you’re not a serial killer? Do you even put a thought into something before you speak? Saying 2+2=4 is saying that 2+2 can’t equal 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, etc.
    You are not understanding the point pix. He is saying, in the context of your example, that 2+2=5 is not something you can 'know'. You can know 2+2=4, and you can know 2+2!=5, but you can't know 2+2=5. You can't 'know'(know as in 'know it is true') that which is itself not true.

    Jim

  2. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
  3. #62
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,702
    Amen (Given)
    1691
    Amen (Received)
    1478
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We can always tell when something gets under your skin by the way you try to turn it back against us.

    You are SUCH a pathetic little copycat!
    Got under your skin did I, CP?

  4. #63
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,449
    Amen (Given)
    1500
    Amen (Received)
    3151
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You are not understanding the point pix. He is saying, in the context of your example, that 2+2=5 is not something you can 'know'. You can know 2+2=4, and you can know 2+2!=5, but you can't know 2+2=5. You can't 'know'(know as in 'know it is true') that which is itself not true.

    Jim
    Sound like good old semantics to me.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  5. #64
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,447
    Amen (Given)
    12072
    Amen (Received)
    25780
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Got under your skin did I, CP?
    That'll be the day, Peewee.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  6. #65
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,027
    Amen (Given)
    9013
    Amen (Received)
    5554
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Sound like good old semantics to me.
    It assumes knowledge is always truth - which is not true ("retrograde motion") - but it isn't a semantics issue.

  7. #66
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,405
    Amen (Given)
    5760
    Amen (Received)
    6124
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    It assumes knowledge is always truth - which is not true ("retrograde motion") - but it isn't a semantics issue.
    People are also quite adept at convincing themselves that a lie is the truth.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  9. #67
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,682
    Amen (Given)
    305
    Amen (Received)
    1608
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Sound like good old semantics to me.
    It's what was meant. It's clear from the context of cp's statement and his reply. I am sincerely hoping you will simply humble yourself and admit you misunderstood him.

    Jim

  10. #68
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,702
    Amen (Given)
    1691
    Amen (Received)
    1478
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    People are also quite adept at convincing themselves that a lie is the truth.
    And there is no one does that any better than you do, MM.

  11. #69
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,447
    Amen (Given)
    12072
    Amen (Received)
    25780
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It's what was meant. It's clear from the context of cp's statement and his reply. I am sincerely hoping you will simply humble yourself and admit you misunderstood him.

    Jim
    What are you going on about now? What statement, and what reply are you talking about?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  12. #70
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,682
    Amen (Given)
    305
    Amen (Received)
    1608
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What are you going on about now? What statement, and what reply are you talking about?
    Going on about now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •