Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Nothing new, that is how the republican party operates, when republicans know they can't win democratically, they find ways to undermine the democratic process. This was just a blatant example of what they do. The reason they even had this special election is because of the election fraud they carried out in the last election.
    Thatís rich. Tell me again what party has used the courts to shove their agenda down the throats of Americans.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

2. Amen Mountain Man, Cow Poke, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Thatís rich. Tell me again what party has used the courts to shove their agenda down the throats of Americans.
    You don't believe in courts, eh Lilpix? Typical republican!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You don't believe in courts, eh Lilpix? Typical republican!
    Your claim:

ďRepublicans know that they canít win democratically...Ē

So tell us, how many issues did liberals take to the courts because they couldnít win through the ballet box?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

5. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Your claim:

ďRepublicans know that they canít win democratically...Ē

So tell us, how many issues did liberals take to the courts because they couldnít win through the ballet box?
    Actually it's your claim, so you tell me.

7. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Actually it's your claim, so you tell me.
    Sorry Jimmy, but even a high school history student can name court cases that were used to pass measures that faced losses at the ballet box. Youíre the one making the claim that republicans canít win democratically. Not my fault you donít remember court cases where liberals did exactly that. Bypassed the democratic process because they couldnít win at the ballet box.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trick question. Both of them have.

Though I would say the Democratic Party does do it more often.

11. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Trick question. Both of them have.

Though I would say the Democratic Party does do it more often.
    Both parties have no issue doing what it takes to win. Itís just pure irony that Jimmy attacks Republicans for trying to subvert the democratic process when many of the most important liberal victories, over the past 50 years, have been handed through forcing the issue through the courts when ballet box measures fail. Even better is changing up the senate and house rules and than complaining when your opponents start playing by your own rules.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Both parties have no issue doing what it takes to win. Itís just pure irony that Jimmy attacks Republicans for trying to subvert the democratic process when many of the most important liberal victories, over the past 50 years, have been handed through forcing the issue through the courts when ballet box measures fail. Even better is changing up the senate and house rules and than complaining when your opponents start playing by your own rules.
    First off I didn't claim there was anything wrong with going through the courts, that's what courts are for. But you made the challenge that only liberals win through the courts, so it's up to you to prove it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    First off I didn't claim there was anything wrong with going through the courts, that's what courts are for. But you made the challenge that only liberals win through the courts, so it's up to you to prove it.
    She didn't say only.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I never said that. Maybe you should try not making up something in order to make it easier to refute. The point is that democrats are more than willing to subvert democratic processes, in order to win. A thing you seem to believe to be something only republicans do.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

17. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.