Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Justin Trudeau In Brownface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... am I a horrible person for wanting to blare, "Arabian Nights," from Aladdin on a Bluetooth Speaker at a Trudeau press conference to troll him?

Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If it were an all-white cast doing Roots, we would hear all about how racist it is.
      Look at what happened during the production of Miss Saigon:

Source: Miss Saigon: Casting controversies

In the London production of Miss Saigon, Lea Salonga originally starred as Kim, with Jonathan Pryce as the Engineer. When the production transferred from London to New York City, the Actors' Equity Association (AEA) refused to allow Pryce, a white actor, to recreate the role of the Eurasian pimp in America.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So even though the character was half white (French-Vietnamese), a white person was initially prohibited from playing the role.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Look at what happened during the production of Miss Saigon:

Source: Miss Saigon: Casting controversies

In the London production of Miss Saigon, Lea Salonga originally starred as Kim, with Jonathan Pryce as the Engineer. When the production transferred from London to New York City, the Actors' Equity Association (AEA) refused to allow Pryce, a white actor, to recreate the role of the Eurasian pimp in America.

Source

So even though the character was half white (French-Vietnamese), a white person was initially prohibited from playing the role.
        Just think how politically incorrect and racist Star Trek is for using human actors to portray Vulcans and Klingons!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
          So... am I a horrible person for wanting to blare, "Arabian Nights," from Aladdin on a Bluetooth Speaker at a Trudeau press conference to troll him?

Trudeau comes across as more of a rock and roll afficicado so may I suggest The Clash's "Rock the Casbah."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I said that you were too nice to be truly mean and you proceeded to show me that I was wrong.

I'm sorry.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

No. That's a perfectly normal reaction.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Trudeau comes across as more of a rock and roll afficicado so may I suggest The Clash's "Rock the Casbah."
                He thinks Nickleback is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Oops...

Justin Trudeau Wore Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party While He Taught at a Private School, Canada's Liberal Party Admits

https://time.com/5680759/justin-trud...ownface-photo/
                  So it looks like there's pictures of him dressing in black or brown face in three different times.

00000000000000aaa.jpeg
                  Wearing an Afro wig and in black face in High School to
                  impersonate Jamaican singer Harry Belafonte to sing 'Day-O'

00000000000000ab000-00aad.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aad2.jpg
                  Over a decade later while a substitute teacher

00000000000000ab000-00aad3.jpg
                  Undated image from video but verified by the Liberal Party as Trudeau

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Yes, but as we all know, it's okay when liberals do it.
                    Funny things is, it seems like it's just the liberals that get caught doing it.

Comment

So it looks like there's pictures of him dressing in black or brown face in three different times.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39779[/ATTACH]
                      Wearing an Afro wig and in black face in High School to
                      impersonate Jamaican singer Harry Belafonte to sing 'Day-O'

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39780[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]39781[/ATTACH]
                      Over a decade later while a substitute teacher

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39782[/ATTACH]
                      Undated image from video but verified by the Liberal Party as Trudeau
                      Three different times makes it hard to claim a simple lapse in judgment -- and it looks like it might be more than three times.

Source: Justin Trudeau leaves open possibility of more blackface photos

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau offered a fresh apology to his fellow Canadians on Thursday over his blackface and “brownface” scandal — and left open the possibility that more photos of him in the racist makeup could surface.

Speaking to reporters in Winnipeg, Trudeau said he was “deeply sorry” for appearing in three images with the skin-darkening makeup.

“What I did hurt them,” Trudeau, the son of late former Canada Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, said of his constituency. “The buck stops with me and I have a responsibility.”

The Liberal Party leader stopped short of putting an exact number on the amount of times he’s dressed up in blackface.

“I am wary of being definitive about this because recent pictures that came out I had not remembered,” he explained. “And the question is, how can you not remember that? The fact is, I didn’t understand how hurtful this is to people who live with discrimination every single day.

Source

Comment

I want to know if Eddie Murphy ever apologized for his heinous racism.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          I want to know if Eddie Murphy ever apologized for his heinous racism.

Ever seen this

There's been a lot of talk about a sequel.

Comment

Apparently Twitter censored numerous images of Trudeau in black face and even suspended the accounts of some of those who posted them. Further, several news services are avoiding the term "blackface" (or "brownface) when discussing Trudeau instead calling it "skin-darkening makeup" -- a phrase which would include spray-on tanning products.

Comment

Apparently Twitter censored numerous images of Trudeau in black face and even suspended the accounts of some of those who posted them. Further, several news services are avoiding the term "blackface" (or "brownface) when discussing Trudeau instead calling it "skin-darkening makeup" -- a phrase which would include spray-on tanning products.
                              Well. Who would have thought the media would do that sort of thing.

Comment

Source: Canada's Trudeau pledges assault rifle ban, pivots campaign amid blackface scandal

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, embroiled in a blackface picture scandal, on Friday pledged to ban military-style assault rifles in the country’s most ethnically diverse city in a bid to get his campaign back on issue.

Trudeau is campaigning in Toronto with less than five weeks to go before his Liberals fight an Oct. 21 national election and two days after at least two bombshell images of him in blackface emerged, as well as a video showing him with blacked up face and body wearing a curly haired wig.

The scandal over the pictures - which could propel the rival Conservative Party into power - is still dominating headlines both at home and abroad.

Source

Like so many scandal-plagued politicians before him Trudeau hopes that the public is like...

00000000000000a00aa0.gif
                                easily distracted

Unfortunately all too often they are.

Comment