Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Justin Trudeau In Brownface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's not something as bad as a minstrel show, but it's insensitive at least
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Exclusive: Video shows Trudeau in blackface in 3rd instance of racist makeup

https://globalnews.ca/news/5922861/j...ownface-video/
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        And your guy is just giving an op ed. So give me real proof that Trudeau didn't say it, and that will be that.
        I love you mossy, but the Jerk is making a good point here. If a quote cannot be traced to a reliable source, it should be disregarded - no matter how juicy. That Trudeau is a liar is very much beside the point.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I love you mossy, but the Jerk is making a good point here. If a quote cannot be traced to a reliable source, it should be disregarded - no matter how juicy. That Trudeau is a liar is very much beside the point.
          Fine. I concede. My temper got the best of me.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

My temper got the best of me.
            No, not you!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              No, not you!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

mossy is the nicest, most sweetest, lovable...

Comment

I really dislike Trudeau.

I apologize for my snit.

The jerk is still a jerk, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I find the whole "blackface is racist thing" to be nonsense. If someone is doing it to mock black people then yeah, of course that is racist, but when someone is just trying to dress up like a favorite character for Halloween or something then that is not racist. It is actually them LIKING that person and wanting to pretend to be them. So whether a white person wants to dress up like Aladdin or George Washington Carver, or a black person wants to dress up like Bill Clinton, so what?

But the liberals have turned it into something that nobody can or should do, even in the past, when nobody cared. So I have no problem with people like Trudeau reaping what they sow. Liberal policies always come back to bite them on the hiney.
                    Pretty much the same with the whole "cultural appropriation" thing. It is one thing to dress up in order to make fun of a group but it is beyond silly when whites get told they can't serve tacos or wear a kimono -- all while simultaneously lauding someone who made an all black version of the broadway musical Hamilton.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      mossy is the nicest, most sweetest, lovable...
                      The one time she was a big ol meanie to me was when I called her "nice."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        The one time she was a big ol meanie to me was when I called her "nice."
                        I wish I could remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Pretty much the same with the whole "cultural appropriation" thing. It is one thing to dress up in order to make fun of a group but it is beyond silly when whites get told they can't serve tacos or wear a kimono -- all while simultaneously lauding someone who made an all black version of the broadway musical Hamilton.
                          If it were an all-white cast doing Roots, we would hear all about how racist it is.

Comment

I believe you were kvetching about the Jerk being liked so much.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              I believe you were kvetching about the Jerk being liked so much.
                              And for that rogue-y said I was nice?

Comment

I said that you were too nice to be truly mean and you proceeded to show me that I was wrong.

Comment