Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Trudeau In Brownface

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    See? I can find stuff that contradicts your stuff.
    A blog referencing "the comments box at The Occidental Observer." That's pretty much what I found when I went looking, too.

It's not a real quote, mossy.

I know you don't like him, but that's no excuse for spreading lies.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    A blog referencing "the comments box at The Occidental Observer." That's pretty much what I found when I went looking, too.

It's not a real quote, mossy.

I know you don't like him, but that's no excuse for spreading lies.
    And your guy is just giving an op ed. So give me real proof that Trudeau didn't say it, and that will be that.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Like the Governor of Virginia it's just boys being boys.
    Or The Shrew hostess Joy Behar who proclaimed that she was "cute" when she wore blackface.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And your guy is just giving an op ed. So give me real proof that Trudeau didn't say it, and that will be that.
    Mossy!

Just stop. This is not personal. He's not "my guy." All I care about is knowing what's true, and this just ain't. It doesn't pass a sniff test in the middle of a thread with world-wide coverage about behavior far less odious. If something like that had happened, it would have made the nightly news.

Check the sources. The evidence against is "the odd thing the dog did in the night," so elementary it's convincing.

I found the quote a bunch of places, and everywhere I looked, it was second-hand at best. When everybody saying it's so has a vested interest in either making up lies or spreading them, the silence of the watchdogs gets curiouser and curiouser.

Look who you're citing!

The "Vanishing American" blog? ... promoting "Ourselves and our Prosperity"? ... fearmongering "Grand Remplacement"? — it doesn't take four years of French to translate that! ... these are straight up "future for white children," worst-of-the-worst Sturmfronters.

Wipe your feet before you track that into the house!

Cause that's nasty.

And even if it wasn't, we don't spread vicious stories for no better reason than because nobody can prove it didn't happen.

Really!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I find the whole "blackface is racist thing" to be nonsense. If someone is doing it to mock black people then yeah, of course that is racist, but when someone is just trying to dress up like a favorite character for Halloween or something then that is not racist. It is actually them LIKING that person and wanting to pretend to be them. So whether a white person wants to dress up like Aladdin or George Washington Carver, or a black person wants to dress up like Bill Clinton, so what?

But the liberals have turned it into something that nobody can or should do, even in the past, when nobody cared. So I have no problem with people like Trudeau reaping what they sow. Liberal policies always come back to bite them on the hiney.

6. Amen NorrinRadd, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think it's not something as bad as a minstrel show, but it's insensitive at least
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Exclusive: Video shows Trudeau in blackface in 3rd instance of racist makeup

https://globalnews.ca/news/5922861/j...ownface-video/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I love you mossy, but the Jerk is making a good point here. If a quote cannot be traced to a reliable source, it should be disregarded - no matter how juicy. That Trudeau is a liar is very much beside the point.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

10. Amen Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I love you mossy, but the Jerk is making a good point here. If a quote cannot be traced to a reliable source, it should be disregarded - no matter how juicy. That Trudeau is a liar is very much beside the point.
    Fine. I concede. My temper got the best of me.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

12. Amen One Bad Pig, Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My temper got the best of me.
    No, not you!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...