Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You might enjoy this about that....

Is Trump Tricking the Media Into Covering Ukraine?
    There is a conspiracy theory that has occurred to a number of conservatives: that this is really an operation meant to drive Biden out of the race because his corruption in Ukraine will torpedo him if he becomes the Democrat nominee. The theory is that only by first seeming to implicate Trump would the media leap onto the subject of Ukraine. Once the story is on the table, it will backfire as Biden's corruption becomes undeniable.

Interesting... But I would be more worried about Warren than Biden...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      There is a conspiracy theory that has occurred to a number of conservatives: that this is really an operation meant to drive Biden out of the race because his corruption in Ukraine will torpedo him if he becomes the Democrat nominee. The theory is that only by first seeming to implicate Trump would the media leap onto the subject of Ukraine. Once the story is on the table, it will backfire as Biden's corruption becomes undeniable.

That's the only thing I have a problem with that angle of it. You'd think Trump would want Biden to win since Trump would easily exploit his frailty during debates.

Comment

I'm not worried about either of them. Both are train wreck candidates.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Yeah, it's still WAY early, but... RASMUSSEN: PRESIDENT HITS 52% APPROVAL...

approval.jpg
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, it's still WAY early, but... RASMUSSEN: PRESIDENT HITS 52% APPROVAL...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39827[/ATTACH]
            When you think of all the hammering Trump has had day in and day out from all sides, including a media that admits it's even given up any pretense of objectivity, the guy should be at about 29%.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Dude, Joe said so himself, in front of television cameras!

I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor, and they didn't. So they said, as we were walking out to the press conference, they kind of said no; and I said, "I'm not going-- or we're not going to give you the billion dollars." They said, "You have no authority. You're not the president; the president said--" I said, "Call him." I said, "I'm telling you, you're not getting a billions dollars." I said, "You're not getting a billion. I'm leaving here--" I think it was about six-hours. I looked, I said, "I'm leaving in six-hours." I said, "If the prosecutor's not fired, you're not getting the money." Oh, son of a [beep] got fired!

And don't forget, the Ukrainian government found this whole episode distasteful enough that they have repeatedly petitioned the US government to investigate, even to the point of hiring a US attorney to hand deliver evidence to Federal prosecutors in New York!
              Dude, give it up. For one thing the investigation into Burisma was already shelved at the time of Bidens visit and Hunter Biden himself was not even investigated at that time. So, I know how badly you want to implicate Biden even though you know nothing, but the VP was actually sent to Ukraine by the Obama Administration because the Prosecutor General, Shokin, wasn't prosecuting the rampant corruption taking place there in Ukraine. Would you give 2 billion in aid to a corrupt government.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                If it was intentionally set up, it depends on how it was set up. It could simply be a case where information was knowingly leaked to a person they knew would betray his admin and go to the press. However, that part isn't clear at the moment. One thing is clear, I'm guessing not many folks would know about the Biden/Hunter Ukraine connection if this hadn't happened, and so conveniently close to election, and the more the issue is sensationalized by the MSM, the more this information will get out to general public.
                The DNI is required by law to turn over the complaint to Congress within 7 days regardless of what he personally thinks about it. The President nor the DOJ has any connection to that issue. The question for me now is why did the DNI, who is only an acting head, not a secure position, why did he take it to the President for further instructions when the President himself is the subject of the complaint. Btw, even if it were a set-up, that would be an abuse of power and an impeachable offense, but it wasn't a set-up.

Comment

And Biden is so whacked out he took the bait and is stupid enough to keep this in the news --- it can't hurt Trump, but it can sure backfire on Biden.
                  You don't think it can hurt Trump? That is what we would call an abuse of power, CP. it's also what we would call an impeachable offense.

Comment

Well conservative are all a bit conspiracy crazy anyway. Only conservatives could fall for something like "Pizza Gate." Besides, the story is false, so even if it were a ruse, the only one it's going to backfire on is Trump. Abuse of power!

As well you should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      That's the only thing I have a problem with that angle of it. You'd think Trump would want Biden to win since Trump would easily exploit his frailty during debates.
                      Don't know about that, but Warren will definately mop the floor with Trump.

Comment

Says the one who voted for the train wreck!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          You don't think it can hurt Trump? That is what we would call an abuse of power, CP. it's also what we would call an impeachable offense.
                          Yeah, spit in one hand and wish in the other, and see which fills up first.

Comment

Don't know about that, but Warren will definately mop the floor with Trump.
                            Free stuff here, free stuff there, free healthcare and benefits for illegals, open borders, gun bans... not a chance. It'll be a runaway for Trump. The ONLY way possible it might be close is if there's either an abrupt economic downturn or Trump listens to the psycho neocons in his admin and picks a war with Iran. If things continue as they are, Trump will sweep both the electorate and pop votes. And that's not only because of the things Trump has done, it's mainly because your party as gone completely batcrap insane with it's policies.

Comment

It's neither. Literally.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Dude, give it up. For one thing the investigation into Burisma was already shelved at the time of Bidens visit and Hunter Biden himself was not even investigated at that time. So, I know how badly you want to implicate Biden even though you know nothing, but the VP was actually sent to Ukraine by the Obama Administration because the Prosecutor General, Shokin, wasn't prosecuting the rampant corruption taking place there in Ukraine. Would you give 2 billion in aid to a corrupt government.
                                So you're saying that Biden was sent over to the Ukraine by the Obama Administration to directly interfere with that country's internal politics?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment