Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Apparently a whistleblower in the intel community was so concerned about a "promise" that Trump made over the phone to a foreign leader that he alerted the Inpector General who turned it over to the Director of National Intelligence who by law is then obligated to turn it over to the House intelligence committee within 7 days and has refused to do so. The director of National Intelligence, Mr. Maguire, at first refused to appear before Congress until the head of the intel committee issued a subpoena and has just agreed to appear before them.

This data transmitted by the whistleblower has to be of urgent concern in order for him to even report it and the Inspector General agreed to its urgency otherwise he doesn't have to do anything with it. The IG's passing it on to the Director of National Intelligence means he agrees that it is of urgent concern.

It seems that the Trump administration, once again ignoring the law, along with the DOJ, is attempting to keep it from the Congressional Intel committee.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/18/what-hell-going-here-alarm-raised=trumps-intelligence-director-refuses-give

http://www.cnn.com/2019/09/18/politi...tel/index.html
    Last edited by JimL; 09-18-2019 at 07:50 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Apparently a whistleblower in the intel community was so concerned about a "promise" that Trump made over the phone to a foreign leader that he alerted the Inpector General who turned it over to the Director of National Intelligence who by law is then obligated to turn it over to the House intelligence committee within 7 days and has refused to do so. The director of National Intelligence, Mr. Maguire, at first refused to appear before Congress until the head of the intel committee issued a subpoena and has just agreed to appear before them.

This data transmitted by the whistleblower has to be of urgent concern in order for him to even report it and the Inspector General agreed to its urgency otherwise he doesn't have to do anything with it. The IG's passing it on to the Director of National Intelligence means he agrees that it is of urgent concern.

It seems that the Trump administration, once again ignoring the law, along with the DOJ, is attempting to keep it from the Congressional Intel committee.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/18/what-hell-going-here-alarm-raised=trumps-intelligence-director-refuses-give

http://www.cnn.com/2019/09/18/politi...tel/index.html
    Indeed.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The original story from the Washington Post is so vague and full of contradictions and "sources say" anecdotes that it's impossible to say what's really going on. Most likely it's another nothing burger.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Each time these spectacles amounts to nothing it hurts the cause of the people trying to use them. I don't understand why they never learn
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

5. Amen RumTumTugger, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Each time these spectacles amounts to nothing it hurts the cause of the people trying to use them. I don't understand why they never learn
    Yet here we are, attempting intelligent and objective conversation in a Civics thread started by JimL. I guess we never learn, either.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Like the saying goes, it's not Trump they're after, it's us; Trump just happens to be in their way.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Like the saying goes, it's not Trump they're after, it's us; Trump just happens to be in their way.
    I will never understand how easily so many of you are able to adopt the position that President Trump is above the law, and that it is good for his people to lie and thumb their noses at subpeanas that are really the only difference between the President being subject to the law and being above the law. As it stands right now, with the help of the Republicans in Congress, supporters like yourselves, his loyalist DOJ appointments, Donald Trump is above the law. And he has shown the way for every president that is to follow exactly how to rebuff the concept of the separation of powers and create an environment where the President cannot be held accountable for his actions.

Each day his power grows. Each day he grows bolder. Each win against accountability - supported by people just like you - is a defeat for our republic and two of the most basic principles of its existence: the separations of powers and the rule of law (no man is above the law - even the President).

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

10. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I will never understand how easily so many of you are able to adopt the position that President Trump is above the law, and that it is good for his people to lie and thumb their noses at subpeanas that are really the only difference between the President being subject to the law and being above the law. As it stands right now, with the help of the Republicans in Congress, supporters like yourselves, his loyalist DOJ appointments, Donald Trump is above the law. And he has shown the way for every president that is to follow exactly how to rebuff the concept of the separation of powers and create an environment where the President cannot be held accountable for his actions.

Each day his power grows. Each day he grows bolder. Each win against accountability - supported by people just like you - is a defeat for our republic and two of the most basic principles of its existence: the separations of powers and the rule of law (no man is above the law - even the President).

Jim
    1) Broad brush sweeps everyone into a corner, against you.

2) Trump is a symptom, not the cause. America has been in serious trouble, in a variety of ways, for decades.

3) People aren't going to rush to condemn Trump for something that CNN et al report, just because they reported it. Too many 'fake news' events for anyone with much common sense to rush to judgment.

4) Who here has said that Trump is above the law? People not agreeing with you that a particular act Trump is accused of is actually breaking the law IS NOT the same as them saying he is above the law.
    You persist in this kind of misrepresentation of other's positions; attack their integrity, morality and question their very salvation on the basis of that misrepresentation; and then act surprised when they attack you in response.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    You persist in this kind of misrepresentation of other's positions; attack their integrity, morality and question their very salvation on the basis of that misrepresentation; and then act surprised when they attack you in response.
    yep...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...