Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    That would it seems should be obvious. That there is a large contingent here and in the country that can't quite see that is truly a fascinating, though in many ways scary, thing.
    Sayeth the conspiracy nut.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Sayeth the conspiracy nut.
      There are times I think he's just trolling us, and other times I think he's genuinely paranoid.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Says the conspiracy nut who insists that President Zelinsky just has to be lying because he refuted the liberal narrative.

The fact that the guy went to Schiff first to help him write his complaint, and the fact that the complaint got significant details wrong, proves that this wasn't a legitimate "whistleblower" operation but a coordinated political hit job.

But since this doesn't fit your narrative, I'm sure you'll breezily dismiss it.
        conspiracy nut!

And who has the Attorney General of the US and the Secretary of State chasing down internet conspiracy fodder from Giuliani?

And who is 'ALL IN' with the same?

Talk about projection!

I'm the guy thinking Nixon was behind the Watergate break-in after the tapes came out

You're the guy that has proof we never landed on the Moon.

Jim
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-03-2019, 07:44 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          There are times I think he's just trolling us, and other times I think he's genuinely paranoid.
          His theory is that Trump is a criminal mastermind. This decision was made back in 2016. Once you realize this, it makes sense. Jumping from one conspiracy theory to the next because there is no evil Trump is not capable of performing is just the logical conclusion of this belief system.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

His theory is that Trump is a criminal mastermind. This decision was made back in 2016. Once you realize this, it makes sense. Jumping from one conspiracy theory to the next because there is no evil Trump is not capable of performing is just the logical conclusion of this belief system.
            Lying about a person's position is - well - lying.

Pixie Just lied about me - there I said it.

I have NEVER put forward any comment stating or implying what you just said.

Stop LYING Pix.

See how low you have gone? Now, instead of arguing a point, you must LIE and make up things.

What does it say pix when you have reached so far down that your entire post is a LIE.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• While many have claimed that Trump is a criminal (with a felony shout-out from SDNY the most recent example) and some have claimed that Trump is a mastermind (setting a fairly low bar, I'd say), few have gone so far as to label Trump a criminal mastermind.

--Sam
              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Lying about a person's position is - well - lying.

Pixie Just lied about me - there I said it.

I have NEVER put forward any comment stating or implying what you just said.

Stop LYING Pix.

See how low you have gone? Now, instead of arguing a point, you must LIE and make up things.

What does it say pix when you have reached so far down that your entire post is a LIE.

Jim
                Looks like I hit the nail right on the head. If I’m wrong answer this:

Is there any thing that Trump has been accused of doing that you believe is false?
                Can you point to a single time that Trump has been accused of doing something we’re you didn’t jump in to give a guilty verdict?

I don’t think Clinton is a mass killer nor do I believe Obama is a secret Muslim. Is there any evil you don’t think Trump is capable of doing? Yes or no?
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Looks like I hit the nail right on the head. If I’m wrong answer this:

Is there any thing that Trump has been accused of doing that you believe is false?
                  There have been a few - not many - but a few. I don't recall what they were. But I've said to my wife when it came on the news - (paraphrase) "they a making something out of nothing there".

Can you point to a single time that Trump has been accused of doing something we’re you didn’t jump in to give a guilty verdict?
                  In the discussions I've participated in, I have actually said "This was a good thing" a few times. The bad so outweighs the good that it's hard to remember what they were, but there have been a few.

I don’t think Clinton is a mass killer nor do I believe Obama is a secret Muslim. Is there any evil you don’t think Trump is capable of doing? Yes or no?
                  I would have no idea what Trump, Or Clinton, or Obama is ultimately capable of. But I can answer "Do I think Trump's character is the sort of character that would do whatever is necessary to protect himself over the good of the country". And the reality is - I don't need to speculate and that, he has already made clear that is exactly the case.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    While many have claimed that Trump is a criminal (with a felony shout-out from SDNY the most recent example) and some have claimed that Trump is a mastermind (setting a fairly low bar, I'd say), few have gone so far as to label Trump a criminal mastermind.

--Sam
                    Is there anything Trump has been accused of that you don’t think he’s guilty of doing?
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

While many have claimed that Trump is a criminal (with a felony shout-out from SDNY the most recent example) and some have claimed that Trump is a mastermind (setting a fairly low bar, I'd say), few have gone so far as to label Trump a criminal mastermind.

--Sam
                      IIRC, one of the people putting forward the 'mastermind' theory on a regular basis (at least as regards manipulation of the media) is MM.

Comment

Is there anything Trump has been accused of that you don’t think he’s guilty of doing?
                        Pee tape.

One has to consider that the accusations against Trump (secret coordination/business dealings with Putin, campaign finance violations in paying off a woman he was having sex with while his third wife was nursing his newborn son, obstructing justice) pretty much all have a rational foundation in really good empirical evidence ... while accusations against Clinton or Obama trended toward "secret pedophile ring under a pizza parlor" or "secret Muslim Marxist who was really born in Kenya".

In short, there's a distinction between the kinds of things Trump gets accused of and the kinds of things Clinton/Obama/etc. get accused of and that distinction reveals something meaningful about the people and parties who advance 'em.

--Sam
                        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

IIRC, one of the people putting forward the 'mastermind' theory on a regular basis (at least as regards manipulation of the media) is MM.
                          Alexandra Petri is always a fun read.

Source: For the last time, Trump’s every move is brilliant and calculated. Alexandra Petri. The Washington Post. 2019.10.02

Ah, the genius of this man! Moriarty wept, and also the Borgias, and also Jesus, although that may have been for unrelated reasons. His is the shrewdness of Alexander the Great, cutting through the Gordian knot. He has the vision to cut through things, even if the things he is cutting through say “THIS IS LOAD-BEARING, DON’T CUT." He dares to push the buttons labeled “DO NOT PUSH: WON’T DO ANYTHING GOOD, AND WILL RELEASE OPOSSUM." There is no puzzle, norm or rule of whatever degree of complexity he cannot immediately dismantle with a single movement.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Can't think of anything in particular. Is there anything Trump has been accused of that you think he is guilty of doing?

Comment

Pee tape.

One has to consider that the accusations against Trump (secret coordination/business dealings with Putin, campaign finance violations in paying off a woman he was having sex with while his third wife was nursing his newborn son, obstructing justice) pretty much all have a rational foundation in really good empirical evidence ... while accusations against Clinton or Obama trended toward "secret pedophile ring under a pizza parlor" or "secret Muslim Marxist who was really born in Kenya".

In short, there's a distinction between the kinds of things Trump gets accused of and the kinds of things Clinton/Obama/etc. get accused of and that distinction reveals something meaningful about the people and parties who advance 'em.

--Sam
                              No they don’t Sam. A few of those things I do believe, but most don’t. Don’t worry, you can run away to your safe space soon so all your buddies can confirm everything you believe.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Can't think of anything in particular. Is there anything Trump has been accused of that you think he is guilty of doing?
                                Paying off women he slept with, for one. Being a womanizer, for two. Being generally immoral, for three. I wouldn’t want to hang out with Trump or work directly for him either.

There you go, lots of bad stuff, now your turn. Name a bad thing you don’t believe.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment