Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    This is an investigation, not a trial. The only way out is to await the trial and rebut the evidence, if you can.
    Even Nixon and Clinton were allowed to cross examine their accusers during the House inquiry. Why are today's Democrats operating in the dark? What don't they want us to see?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Isn't that what you keep chickens in?
      Nah, we use a coupe so we have two doors.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        “We need to keep digging, till we find something!”
        No, actually there is plenty right now, but the dems are going to make sure you get to see it all at the trial so that even you won't be able to deny it any longer, at least not with a staight face. Pelosi knows how divisive the impeachment of a president can be, but if it has to be done to protect the Constitution, the Country, and democracy, protect them from a narcisistic autocrat like a Trump, or a Putin, then she wants the investigation to be complete and thorough before turning the evidence over to the Senate for trial.

Comment

Even Nixon and Clinton were allowed to cross examine their accusers during the House inquiry. Why are today's Democrats operating in the dark? What don't they want us to see?
          So can Trump, soon as he's on trial.

Comment

Not only did Clinton's lawyers not examine his "accusers" during the House impeachment inquiry & hearing, as far as I can tell they didn't cross examine the House manager's witnesses at the Senate trial. The three witnesses weren't even present; the House managers used their videotaped depositions.

--Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              No, actually there is plenty right now, but the dems are going to make sure you get to see it all at the trial so that even you won't be able to deny it any longer, at least not with a staight face. Pelosi knows how divisive the impeachment of a president can be, but if it has to be done to protect the Constitution, the Country, and democracy, protect them from a narcisistic autocrat like a Trump, or a Putin, then she wants the investigation to be complete and thorough before turning the evidence over to the Senate for trial.
              Embarrassing Democrats, isn’t a crime Jimmy.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                Embarrassing Democrats, isn’t a crime Jimmy.
                Have no idea how that relates to anything I said.

Comment

• White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney confirmed that President Donald Trump wanted Ukraine to cooperate with an investigation into attempts to meddle in the 2016 election before giving the country lethal military aid.

“Did he also mention to me in past the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely,” Mulvaney said. “No question about that. But that’s it, and that’s why we held up the money.”

Mulvaney said that Trump was concerned about corruption in Ukraine, including its efforts in the 2016 election during a press briefing with reporters on Thursday afternoon.

“The look-back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation,” Mulvaney said. “And that is absolutely appropriate.”

Democrats immediately jumped on Mulvaney’s statement, declaring that it was proof that the president had a “quid pro quo” agreement with the foreign aid.

But Mulvaney said it was a common request.

“We do that all the time with foreign policy,” he said, referring to requirements for foreign aid before it was released.

“I have news for everybody, get over it. There’s going to be political influence in foreign policy,” Mulvaney said.

He said that asking Ukraine for help in an investigation into the 2016 election was an ongoing Justice Department investigation and “completely legitimate.”

He also said that the holdup on delivering aid funds had nothing to do with Ukraine investigating former Vice President Joe Biden.

“The money that was held up had nothing to do with Biden,” Mulvaney said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...to-dnc-server/
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Extensive reporting of testimony so far has established that both Ukraine 2016 and Biden/Burisma were demands by Trump -- whether it was coming through Giuliani, Sonderland, Perry, or whoever else. While Mulvaney is smart enough to try and narrow that down to the demand to investigate a conspiracy theory implicating Clinton and Obama in the DNC/DSCC server hacks, he's not smart enough to avoid acknowledging an explicit quid pro quo in public.

But we're to the point where most Republicans are past denying quid pro quo to saying "Actually, that happened and it's awesome" so the public opinion damage might be mitigated. Confessing to what many judges will still recognize as a crime is gonna do a number on those executive privilege claims, however.

--Sam
                    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment