Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Thanks for 39!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for 39!

Thanks everyone!

Link

-----

How shall today be celebrated? Let’s plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

Normally on Thursdays, I talk about the show for the upcoming week. It’s going to be different just this week. I want to talk about today instead. Today is one of those days where I woke up and I was sure today was going to be a special day.

Today I officially turn 39. It’s quite odd knowing when I was praying with Allie last night that that would be my last night at the age of 38. I wonder where all the time has gone by so often. How did I get from being the kid playing video games upstairs in my bedroom at home to the guy on the adventure of apologetics waking up next to the woman I love? (And okay, the video games part still hasn’t changed.)

None of us really knows what the future holds. I would not have thought that my life would involve this kind of ministry growing up, mainly because I didn’t know this kind of ministry even existed. Now I find myself being the person that is emailed by others with questions and answering them and giving them the encouragement they need. I never would have thought this is what would have happened when I began this journey in college.

I also think back to how just about six months ago I debated Dan Barker. My father-in-law, Mike Licona, and I both find it interesting that our first live in-person debate was with the same person. We are already talking about a future debate some time. This is the path I want to be going down.

Being married is also a surprise. I never thought it would have happened growing up. Next year, we will celebrate ten years together. Marriage has taught me more about self-sacrifice than anything else I have done. It’s also increased in me a greater appreciation for beauty and caused me to make necessary changes in myself.

Chesterton said each one of us is a great might-not-have-been. I’m thankful I was. Consider as a Christian that you are not an accident. You have been eternally in the mind of God. Theologically, God could never stop thinking about me. I’m always on His mind.

Tonight, I’ll be enjoying a party with some friends at a support group Allie and I belong too. My parents gave me the Collection of Mana for the Switch (Rather they got me a card so I could get it, but the same difference). My wife got me Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far. Mike and Debbie got me an Amazon gift card. All the gifts are just a reminder of meaning something to someone. They all say “We are happy that you exist.”

None of us had to. This universe could have gone on just fine without any of us. None of us are essential, but we’re all invited to be a part of the story. I am thankful that I get included in that story.

Many people have already posted on my wall on Facebook for today. Thanks to all of you who have done that. It really is nice to have so many friends, to know you mean so much to people, and to be able to make a difference. Many of you are also reminding me how much you affirm the virgin birth, which I do affirm. Thanks to all of you who are contributing to make today special.

I look forward to the next year and as many years as God will give me. For now, we will see where the adventure goes from here.

In Christ,
    Nick Peters

You old fart.

Comment

Hmmm.... in three months, you can say you have existed for forty years! Yeah, I'm not going to ignore those first nine months of life in the womb! It counts!
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Happy birthday, Nick.

Enjoy your last year of youth.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

One day you will be celebrating 39 Billion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            One day you will be celebrating 39 Billion.
            Mossy scoffs at the notion of celebrating such a tender age.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Mossy scoffs at the notion of celebrating such a tender age.
              Someone has to be the oldest and watch out for us youngins.

Comment

I have existed for about thirty years give or take a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  I have existed for about thirty years give or take a couple weeks.
                  I got socks older than that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I got socks older than that.

You are old. But not as old as Jesus of Nazareth! Uh... chronologically speaking. And His age is technically eternal. Now, one could say how long the Word has been in flesh, but we don't know the date of the Incarnation.

Comment