Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump declares himself above the law.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The biggest problem with this case is that there is no probable cause to think a crime was ever committed. The state of New York is basically asking the court to approve a fishing expedition.
    Yep. You need evidence BEFORE you can charge someone.

2. Amen RumTumTugger, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It is simply the intense hatred for Trump that causes this ill-founded attempt to equate him with Al Capone. I would have expected that from JimL.
    And I knew that you, being a devout supporter of his, would continue to defend the wannabe dictator regardless of anything he does.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It just amazes me that the hatred for Trump is so intense that it would cause otherwise highly intelligent people to jump to such unfounded conclusions.

Again, I completely understand why JimL would buy this crap - he has repeatedly demonstrated an profound ignorance of law and legal procedure.
    So says the devout supporter of a lawless wannabe dictator.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    His tax returns wouldn't show that anyway. If he was doing something illegal in regards to his taxes, the IRS would be the department to catch that. This was just a backdoor way the democrats were trying to get his tax returns, YET AGAIN.

If he has cheated on his taxes, I am all for the IRS to go after him directly. He is being audited right now.
    He's always being audited, right? Perhaps he'll release his taxes like he promised to do 4 years ago prior to the next election.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Except there is no reason to think any crimes were committed at all. Remember, this is effectively the same case that was recently dismissed by federal prosecutors. New York is trying to take another bite at the apple, effectively saying, "First let us gather the evidence, and then we'll tell you if there was a crime." Except even the President of the United States is entitled to due process. Just remember, if the legal system can trample on even the president's basic rights, then what's to stop them from trampling on yours?
    perhaps in the case of the taxes - though the State of NY seems to believe differently. Nevertheless, there is this little thing about the whistleblower. That actually concerns me a good bit more. That man is going to end up losing his job because the laws surrounding this very important provision in the law to protect them are being ignored and trampled upon. Further, Donald Trump will not be able to be held accountable for whatever he has been doing that was so obscene this man was motivated to try to blow the whistle.

In the end - the issue is the continued success at stopping the process that would keep him accountable. And the lack of understanding on your part and others of how dangerous allowing that to happen is.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-20-2019 at 07:49 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

7. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    He's always being audited, right? Perhaps he'll release his taxes like he promised to do 4 years ago prior to the next election.
    Well his current audit is still going on. I am sure if they find something they will get him for it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    perhaps in the case of the taxes - thought the State of NY seems to believe differently. Nevertheless, there is this little thing about the whistleblower. That actually concerns me a good bit more. That man is going to end up losing his job because the laws surrounding this very important provision in the law to protect them are being ignored and trampled upon. Further, Donald Trump will not be able to be held accountable for whatever he has been doing that was so obscene this man was motivated to try to blow the whistle.

In the end - the issue is the continued success at stopping the process that would keep him accountable. And the lack of understanding on your part and others of how dangerous allowing that to happen is.

Jim
    Hey Jimmy, weren't you the one arguing that Trump couldn't be prosecuted for any crimes and that is why Mueller couldn't charge him?

10. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well his current audit is still going on. I am sure if they find something they will get him for it.
    Perhaps you forgot that Trump appointed his buddy Charles Rettig to head the IRS, a man who argued vehemently that Trump should never release his taxes prior to his being nominated. Ain't gonna happen unless it's through the courts.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hey Jimmy, weren't you the one arguing that Trump couldn't be prosecuted for any crimes and that is why Mueller couldn't charge him?
    Jimmy?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Jimmy?
    That's our nickname for JimL, and in Sparko's defense, it has become increasingly difficult to tell the difference between your posts and the delusional rantings of "Jimmy".
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

14. Amen Cow Poke, NorrinRadd, Teallaura amen'd this post.