Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rice. Because when you dont have a job yet food can get expensive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rice. Because when you dont have a job yet food can get expensive.

I got my diploma. Looking for jobs. Anyhow, I want to use my instant pot more. One thing I have been doing a lot with my instantoot is making rice based dishes. I have to admit Japan and korea know what they are doing with rice. I tried a pickled plum for the first time ever today. Aside from that chicken thighs are also amazing for just how versatile they are and how much of a bargain they can be.

Food is fun. It gives me a creative outlet. I enjoy making snacks and meals for folks. Food tends to taste better with a friend. Good food can also help you feel better when your depressed or lonely.

So what foods do you guys like making?
    sigpic

I love grilling, smoking, outdoor cooking -- and Cajun style gumbo, soups, potato soup...

We also got an instapot, and it's kinda fun. Also, an air fryer - to make "fried" stuff without baptizing them in hot grease is fun, too.

I guess I'll have to try red beans and rice in the instapot!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      I got my diploma.
      Oh, and....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I love grilling, smoking, outdoor cooking -- and Cajun style gumbo, soups, potato soup...

We also got an instapot, and it's kinda fun. Also, an air fryer - to make "fried" stuff without baptizing them in hot grease is fun, too.

I guess I'll have to try red beans and rice in the instapot!
        Instant pot red beans and rice is delicious. I like making fried pickles.

Deep frying can honestly get annoying.
        sigpic

Comment

Instant pot red beans and rice is delicious. I like making fried pickles.

Deep frying can honestly get annoying.
          Yeah, we don't deep fry anything anymore, and I rarely eat anything deep fried in restaurants.

(Except catfish - I just can't seem to resist a good fish fry!)

Comment

When I was a poor starving student, I made a lot of dal. Like seriously, a lot. A one pound bag of lentils cost a dollar, tomatoes and onions are cheap, and rice is cheap. One bag of lentils makes about six servings. I lived at a high altitude and couldn't afford a pressure cooker, so it took forever in a stock pot on the stove but that didn't deter me.
            Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Yeah, we don't deep fry anything anymore, and I rarely eat anything deep fried in restaurants.

(Except catfish - I just can't seem to resist a good fish fry!)
              I like fish and chips myself.

I did not grow up eating catfish or pork so I stay away from those.

I want to learn how to make my own sweets and such. Michi is delicious. Doriyaki is delicious. Cheesecake is what I would hope if I ever got married we could have as a cake. I dont enjoy a lot of sugar in sweets though as it can make my teeth hurt.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                When I was a poor starving student, I made a lot of dal. Like seriously, a lot. A one pound bag of lentils cost a dollar, tomatoes and onions are cheap, and rice is cheap. One bag of lentils makes about six servings. I lived at a high altitude and couldn't afford a pressure cooker, so it took forever in a stock pot on the stove but that didn't deter me.
                Dal?

Comment

I've actually found some good options to make them in my air fryer!

I want to learn how to make my own sweets and such. Michi is delicious. Doriyaki is delicious. Cheesecake is what I would hope if I ever got married we could have as a cake. I dont enjoy a lot of sugar in sweets though as it can make my teeth hurt.
                  Yeah, I don't do sweets much --- dark chocolate is my go-to, because it's not really sweet.

Comment

Dark chocolate!

Thursday is pork chop night. That is all.

And, bacon.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Dal?
                      It's Indian. Curry spices, lentils, tomatoes, onions and garlic. Made kinda soupy and served with rice.
                      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                        It's Indian. Curry spices, lentils, tomatoes, onions and garlic. Made kinda soupy and served with rice.
                        Oh! Thanks

Comment

Mr. mossy's spaghetti recipe and two recipes for chicken, one of them mossy's.
                          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                            Mr. mossy's spaghetti recipe and two recipes for chicken, one of them mossy's.
                            Don't forget homemade pizza!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

*emphasis mine

Tell your dentist about that.

I have a rice cooker but use the crock pot more. I'll cook a roast and when it's gone, dump in canned veggies to make soup from the stock. A walmart rotisserie chicken (I buy the ones on sale and freeze them until needed) cooked in cheesecloth (for easy deboning) then deboned and popped back in becomes chicken and whatever I want - dumplings, rice, etc. Or chicken soup - just add what you like!

Wedding cheesecakes exist - but they will be more expensive. Better for small receptions - or get started saving up now.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment