Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked in 10 Years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    MM - no they have not. They have risen .6 degrees C since 1990. There was a bit of a slow down 2003 to 2010, but research on that phenomenon shows it was cause by a transfer of heat to the oceans. Which is just part of who warming proceeds. It is back to fairly steep growth since then.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39868[/ATTACH]

I'm not going to make any comments about why I think you prefer to listen to 'tobacco science' over real science, but the bold/italic statement or yours above is quite simply false, and further this is not any sort of warming that can be relegated to any 'natural' warming seen in the past.

Jim
    "Adjusted" data.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      "Adjusted" data.
      You claim even the raw data at the weather stations have been tampered with, which is a rather far reaching conspiracy theory. Beyond that data that has been gathered is available, and the "hockey stick" has been replicated independently from many different data sets.
      Last edited by Leonhard; 09-23-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Link to raw data for GHCN v3:
        ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ghcn/v3/

Link to raw data for GHCN v4:
        ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ghcn/v4/

You'll find that the raw data sets have been published along with the computer programs that generate the adjusted data. The adjustments are open-source, well documented, and none of it is hand-tuned, but is all based on a simple set of algorithms that filters the results based on consistency checks, and the grids the results.

Its right there available for your browsing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          ...says an article from 1989.

UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.

Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.

As the warming melts polar icecaps, ocean levels will rise by up to three feet, enough to cover the Maldives and other flat island nations, Brown told The Associated Press in an interview on Wednesday.

Coastal regions will be inundated; one-sixth of Bangladesh could be flooded, displacing a fourth of its 90 million people. A fifth of Egypt’s arable land in the Nile Delta would be flooded, cutting off its food supply, according to a joint UNEP and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study.

″Ecological refugees will become a major concern, and what’s worse is you may find that people can move to drier ground, but the soils and the natural resources may not support life. Africa doesn’t have to worry about land, but would you want to live in the Sahara?″ he said.

UNEP estimates it would cost the United States at least $100 billion to protect its east coast alone.

Shifting climate patterns would bring back 1930s Dust Bowl conditions to Canadian and U.S. wheatlands, while the Soviet Union could reap bumper crops if it adapts its agriculture in time, according to a study by UNEP and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.

Excess carbon dioxide is pouring into the atmosphere because of humanity’s use of fossil fuels and burning of rain forests, the study says. The atmosphere is retaining more heat than it radiates, much like a greenhouse.

The most conservative scientific estimate that the Earth’s temperature will rise 1 to 7 degrees in the next 30 years, said Brown.

The difference may seem slight, he said, but the planet is only 9 degrees warmer now than during the 8,000-year Ice Age that ended 10,000 years ago.

Brown said if the warming trend continues, ″the question is will we be able to reverse the process in time? We say that within the next 10 years, given the present loads that the atmosphere has to bear, we have an opportunity to start the stabilizing process.″

He said even the most conservative scientists ″already tell us there’s nothing we can do now to stop a ... change″ of about 3 degrees.

″Anything beyond that, and we have to start thinking about the significant rise of the sea levels ... we can expect more ferocious storms, hurricanes, wind shear, dust erosion.″

He said there is time to act, but there is no time to waste.

UNEP is working toward forming a scientific plan of action by the end of 1990, and the adoption of a global climate treaty by 1992. In May, delegates from 103 nations met in Nairobi, Kenya - where UNEP is based - and decided to open negotiations on the treaty next year.

Nations will be asked to reduce the use of fossil fuels, cut the emission of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases such as methane and fluorocarbons, and preserve the rain forests.

″We have no clear idea about the ecological minimum of green space that the planet needs to function effectively. What we do know is that we are destroying the tropical rain forest at the rate of 50 acres a minute, about one football field per second,″ said Brown.

Each acre of rain forest can store 100 tons of carbon dioxide and reprocess it into oxygen.

Brown suggested that compensating Brazil, Indonesia and Kenya for preserving rain forests may be necessary.

The European Community is talking about a half-cent levy on each kilowatt- hour of fossil fuels to raise $55 million a year to protect the rain forests, and other direct subsidies may be possible, he said.

The treaty could also call for improved energy efficiency, increasing conservation, and for developed nations to transfer technology to Third World nations to help them save energy and cut greenhouse gas emissions, said Brown.

https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

THIS is why people keep scoffing at the politicians regarding global warming, or climate change as they call it now.

It might be real, but they have been blowing it out of proportion and playing Chicken Little for over 30 years now.
          "And false prophets shall arise and deceive many."

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            You claim even the raw data at the weather stations have been tampered with...
            Rather, we don't have access to the raw data, including the historical record. What we have is the "adjusted" data that has been manipulated to fit the hypothesis.

Comment

Rather, we don't have access to the raw data, including the historical record. What we have is the "adjusted" data that has been manipulated to fit the hypothesis.
              You do have access to the raw data, including the historical data. You can contact any of the weather stations, any of the archives and gain access to copies of it yourself. None of it is missing. You can request the tree ring data, the ice core data, the buoey temperature records, the 1800's ship thermometer logs of english vessels. Its right there.

The data used in the GHCN is also openly available. Along with the programs, both for the version 3 and the version 4 software.

Here, again:

Here if you want the link directly (warning - its a rather large file):

ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ghc...awghcnd.tar.gz

Here's the source code for software used, and a readme on how to use it:

ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ghcn/v3/software/52i/

Comment

Link to raw data for GHCN v3:

Link to raw data for GHCN v4:
                ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/ghcn/v4/

You'll find that the raw data sets have been published along with the computer programs that generate the adjusted data. The adjustments are open-source, well documented, and none of it is hand-tuned, but is all based on a simple set of algorithms that filters the results based on consistency checks, and the grids the results.

Its right there available for your browsing.
                They call it "raw data", but it's really adjusted data, as explained here:

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...-at-ushcngiss/
                https://realclimatescience.com/2019/...perature-data/

And it's not just US agencies:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/19211...her-john-nolte

The tricky part is that you would never know about these changes unless you happened to save an old copy of the "raw" data.

If the science was really "settled", then why are certain organizations going to such lengths to hide what the science actually says? As the saying goes, Science doesn't lie, but scientists do!

Comment

They call it "raw data", but it's really adjusted data, as explained here: https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...-at-ushcngiss/
                  Mountain Man, in this article it specifically talks about the "adjusted" data, not the raw data. I don't mind you posting several links, but I at least expect them to be about the subject. The author does ambiguite a lot between whether he's talking about the adjusted or the raw data in this case.

This one is also about adjusted data, not the unadjusted raw data.

The same problem replicates itself here. This one talks almost exclusive about comparisons between adjusted results.

It does however have one instance of comparing the V2 raw data set with the V3 raw data set. And apparently the author doesn't like Reykjavik data set now shows lower past temperatures. There's not much of a dive from the author on this question. No archives are consulted, no one is asked about the reasons for this, which something I've always wondered about Watts Up With That.

Thanks for showing me this instance, I'll fire off some questions for some climatologists I know, see if they know the reasons for this update.

Comment

How come AOC's 12 year destruction-of-the-world coincides with the UN's prediction of 2030? And how come this 2030 prediction also matches the UN's goal of having borderless nations and open migration by 2030? Why should anyone being listening to these purveyors of fear? God has not given us a spirit of fear. But, when you take the true God out of the picture, people have nothing else but fear.

Why do we have any interest in what the UN wants? They are a godless organization which has no legal authority over us.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                      How come AOC's 12 year destruction-of-the-world coincides with the UN's prediction of 2030? And how come this 2030 prediction also matches the UN's goal of having borderless nations and open migration by 2030?
                      Clearly an Illuminati cabal of Shapeshifting Lizard People working together with the Greyz and Israel.

Comment

Clearly an Illuminati cabal of Shapeshifting Lizard People working together with the Greyz and Israel.
                        I don't think there is much we can do for you if you are focused on interpreting the UN documents in these terms.

If you love the UN plan for 'sustainable development', please create a thread telling us what you like about the plan and why nothing in it is a threat to having a decent life free of government confiscation.
                        Last edited by mikewhitney; 09-23-2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Who are "they"? How many people are we talking about and are "they" the same persons today as over 30 years back? If "It might be real" perhaps it is a rather bad idea to dismiss what is said today because of what was said 30 years ago...
                          It 'might have been real' thirty years ago - and wasn't. It's perfectly fair to point out that picking a guy for clean up when he literally hasn't ever hit a ball is probably a bad plan. Sure, he might finally get lucky, but his batting average doesn't inspire confidence.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            It seems I obviously was not.
                            Moderated By: RumTumTugger

Charles you were asked to leave the thread by the thread starter. This is your official notice that you need to stop posting here. anything you post after this notice will be deleted

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                            Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              It is a shame, they are scaring the crap out of these kids. It reminds me of the duck and cover drills from the 60s.
                              She's the latest David Hogg all wound up with hysteria and let loose while the MSM heaps praise and adoration upon her until she's served her purpose and then is unceremoniously discarded.

For instance substitute anchor Margaret Brennan on CBS Evening News gushed about how Thunberg supposedly "stared down" Trump after she threw her temper tantrum at the U.N. but it is obvious that all she did was make faces at his back.

^^Click to Play^^

Some "stare down." Pretty much what you'd expect from a spoiled petulant brat.

00000000000000ab000-00aab.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aab3.jpg
                              She looks like she really, really could use a Snickers bar.

I generally don't give a rat's hindquarters what various celebrities have to opine but cartoonist Scott Adams had some pertinent things to say about using poorly informed children to push agendas and I want to give him the credit:

Children don't have independent opinions about 'Climate Change'. What they know about it is so small that you could not interpret anything they say about it to be anything like an opinion.

Somehow we've manage to weaponize the dumbest people in society--and I say that with love. We were all children. We're all smarter now. Wouldn't you rather have the decision made by the smart people? I mean...if you have the choice, and I think we do. I would even go so far as to say that children do not have opinions on 'Climate Change'.

They don't have opinions. Children do not read the news and formulate opinions. Opinions are assigned to children. Am I wrong?

What they have is not an opinion. They have anxiety. Who gave them the anxiety? Their teachers...maybe their parents. Maybe some of them watch the news but I kind-of doubt it. How many of those kids do you think watch the news? Five percent tops.

So, children are all getting all worked-up by adults. Could their be a more unproductive situation than adults making children scared to death and then putting them in charge? Because that feels like what happened.

Last edited by rogue06; 09-25-2019, 04:18 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                She's the latest David Hogg all wound up with hysteria and let loose while the MSM heaps praise and adoration upon her until she's served her purpose and then is unceremoniously discarded.

For instance substitute anchor Margaret Brennan on CBS Evening News gushed about how Thunberg supposedly "stared down" Trump after she threw her temper tantrum at the U.N. but it is obvious that all she did was make faces at his back.

^^Click to Play^^

Some "stare down." Pretty much what you'd expect from a spoiled petulant brat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39901[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]39902[/ATTACH]
                                She looks like she really, really could use a Snickers bar.

I generally don't give a rat's hindquarters what various celebrities have to opine but cartoonist Scott Adams had some pertinent things to say about using poorly informed children to push agendas and I want to give him the credit:

Children don't have independent opinions about 'Climate Change'. What they know about it is so small that you could not interpret anything they say about it to be anything like an opinion.

Somehow we've manage to weaponize the dumbest people in society--and I say that with love. We were all children. We're all smarter now. Wouldn't you rather have the decision made by the smart people? I mean...if you have the choice, and I think we do. I would even go so far as to say that children do not have opinions on 'Climate Change'.

They don't have opinions. Children do not read the news and formulate opinions. Opinions are assigned to children. Am I wrong?

What they have is not an opinion. They have anxiety. Who gave them the anxiety? Their teachers...maybe their parents. Maybe some of them watch the news but I kind-of doubt it. How many of those kids do you think watch the news? Five percent tops.

So, children are all getting all worked-up by adults. Could their be a more unproductive situation than adults making children scared to death and then putting them in charge? Because that feels like what happened.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39903[/ATTACH]
                                And if you wonder where she gets it from, here are some pix of her and her parents all wearing pro-antifa shirts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment