Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Think about it: how is the US supposed to conduct business on the world stage if other leaders fear they can't trust members of our government to maintain confidentiality?

By Carol E. Lee
    May 22, 2017 12:30 pm ET

The clapbacks write themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      All that yoga didn't seem to help much.
      Originally posted by seer View Post
      Idiot, how is that misogyny?
      I gotta question about these efforts to separate your spanking fetish from any sexual innuendo.

How's that working out for you?

Comment

Jim was it wrong to delete 30,000 e-mails while they were under subpoena? Is that the kind of Democracy you are talking about?
        Yeah, of course it was wrong, just as it was wrong for others, including those in the Trump administration to do it, but it was not a purposeful attempt to circumvent congress, to extort a foriegn ally, and to undermine national security in the process for personal political gain. To equate what she did as secretary of state, using a private server, with what Trump as President did here, not to mention the criminality already detailed in the Mueller report, is just a joke.

So what? They were still using a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political opponent - exactly what Trump is accused of.
        Who was? Chalupa, an ex Ukranian, went about that investigation on her own. Clinton didn't hire her or direct her to look into Manafort. You should be happy the traitor was exposed, otherwise he'd still be in the Trump administration being, like Trump, directed by Putin.

Comment

• Live updates: House subpoenas Pompeo and schedules depositions of five State Department officials

By Colby Itkowitz and
          John Wagner
          September 27 at 5:39 PM

It's an embarrassment of riches stacked up for the committees. Rudy's waving his phone around begging someone to come pick it up. So far, we've got deep-staters Mulvaney, Barr, and Pompeo (thanks Rudy!) in the cross-hairs. Barr, in particular, is on the hook for canceling out an investigation with his name in the title.

When I've spoken about Trump being unfit for office, it's not even the crazy stuff I have in mind, for the most part: Ukraine has Hillary's server, anyone?

It's the gross incompetence reflected down from the top.

How could even the best of the best fail to let a ball drop when Trump's focused on keeping anyone, up to and including his closest advisors, from seeing they're bouncing off the walls of talent, from McMaster to Mattis, he's torn down himself.

The real vote to keep in mind: 23 R and 12 D senators are up for re-election in 2020, and to date, none of them have gotten around to reading the complaint.

Other senators beg to see the nothingburger Lindsey Graham sees

By Alexandra Petri
          Columnist
          September 27 at 3:57 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            As was explained earlier, this became standard practice in the Trump White House in an effort to quash leaks that could jeopardize our national security or hurt our relations with other world leaders (like when someone tried to embarrass Trump by leaking a conversation with an Australian head of state). Think about it: how is the US supposed to conduct business on the world stage if other leaders fear they can't trust members of our government to maintain confidentiality?
            Funny how that problem didn't seem to be a problem until Trump stole his way into the Oval office. There are 4 levels of classified info, Trump stored this transcript on the most secure server, the highest level of security. No, he doesn't do that every time he speaks to a foriegn leader, he does it when it would implicate him in a crime, or an impeachable offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Yeah, of course it was wrong, just as it was wrong for others, including those in the Trump administration to do it, but it was not a purposeful attempt to circumvent congress, to extort a foriegn ally, and to undermine national security in the process for personal political gain. To equate what she did as secretary of state, using a private server, with what Trump as President did here, not to mention the criminality already detailed in the Mueller report, is just a joke.
              Jim you don't think she deleted 30,000 e-mails while under subpoena for personal gain, and she didn't undermine national security by using a private server for State Dept work?

Who was? Chalupa, an ex Ukranian, went about that investigation on her own. Clinton didn't hire her or direct her to look into Manafort. You should be happy the traitor was exposed, otherwise he'd still be in the Trump administration being, like Trump, directed by Putin.
              Just stop Jim, the Clinton campaign was using a foreign government to dig up dirt on Thump. Go back and read the link. This is the Democracy you like - as long as it is on your side.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Idiot, how is that misogyny?
                Woman here - it's not.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• I don't know if it's misogyny but it's seriously creepy. 16 years old is generally past the time when corporal punishment takes place.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I don't know if it's misogyny but it's seriously creepy. 16 years old is generally past the time when corporal punishment takes place.
                    Well to be honest, I had no idea she was 16 - I thought more like 12...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I don't know if it's misogyny but it's seriously creepy. 16 years old is generally past the time when corporal punishment takes place.
                      Not when I was in school, it wasn't.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

She doesn't look her age.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I don't know if it's misogyny but it's seriously creepy.
                          Hell yeah, it's creepy, but y'all might want to look again on whether I claimed it was misogyny.

This, in the context of your interest in septuagenarian buttocks. It's not getting any better for you here, Spanky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                            This, in the context of your interest in septuagenarian buttocks. It's not getting any better for you here, Spanky.
                            You know you really are twisted, the fact that your mind keeps going here....

Comment

All that yoga didn't seem to help much.
                              You know you really are twisted, the fact that your mind keeps going here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                                Hell yeah, it's creepy, but y'all might want to look again on whether I claimed it was misogyny.
                                I was responding to Teal there.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment