Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The Mueller Report obliterated the whole collusion fantasy resulting in even not a fine mist remaining. Of course you'd know that had you bothered to have actually read it rather than wasting time demanding that everyone else read it (especially those of us who actually did).

That you are unwilling and/or incapable of accepting that fact is nobody's problem but your own yet eventually you'll just have to...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40116[/ATTACH]
    And you are simply making an assertion of your belief which in fact is contradicted by the report itself. 10 cases of obstruction, manafort trading internal polling data with Russians, Trump publicly requesting Russian help, and getting it. So, you can assert all you want, and pretend to have read the report all you want, but we all know that you either didn't read it, or you've been conditioned to see only what you want to see. That's a sad fact we'll just have to accept about you hard core Trumpsters.

Comment

• Not long after it was released I was quoting from it extensively in multiple posts and occasionally cited what section and/or page what I quoted was from which should suffice to demonstrate that I plowed through the 400+ pages unlike yourself.

The fact that you are still deeply ensnared by the collusion delusion reveals that you put your trust in news sources that keep telling you want you want to hear and wish to believe all the while impugning any source that doesn't conform to your carefully crafted fantasy world. It is this that makes you unfit to declare which news services are valid or accurate in this regard and which are not.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not long after it was released I was quoting from it extensively in multiple posts and occasionally cited what section and/or page what I quoted was from which should suffice to demonstrate that I plowed through the 400+ pages unlike yourself.

The fact that you are still deeply ensnared by the collusion delusion reveals that you put your trust in news sources that keep telling you want you want to hear and wish to believe all the while impugning any source that doesn't conform to your carefully crafted fantasy world. It is this that makes you unfit to declare which news services are valid or accurate in this regard and which are not.

You can keep trying, man, but if you keep repeating things that are evidently false and refuted by Page 1, saying that you've read to Page 448 doesn't give you much credibility.

EDIT: Ope - Page 2*

--Sam
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
          You can keep trying, man, but if you keep repeating things that are evidently false and refuted by Page 1, saying that you've read to Page 448 doesn't give you much credibility.

EDIT: Ope - Page 2*

--Sam
          Coming from someone who thinks that the Mueller Report validates his collusion delusion

Last edited by rogue06; 10-07-2019, 06:45 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Coming from someone who thinks that the Mueller Report validates his collusion delusion
            Validates? I never said that. The report certainly contains copious evidence of collusion but the report specifically did not examine collusion as a category and come to a conclusion on the merit of the charge.

I make this distinction because the report does. You, conversely, continue to falsely claim that the report "obliterated the whole collusion fantasy".

One of us is careful when referring to the report. One of us not.

Image 048.jpg

--Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Sam, why do you think that nearly all of the Democrats in the House and Senate and nearly all the MSM dropped their claims of collusion after the release of the Mueller Report and immediately pivoted to "obstruction"? Why would they drop the really serious charge and instead settle for a much less serious one unless the former had been thoroughly debunked?

Comment

Sam, why do you think that nearly all of the Democrats in the House and Senate and nearly all the MSM dropped their claims of collusion after the release of the Mueller Report and immediately pivoted to "obstruction"? Why would they drop the really serious charge and instead settle for a much less serious one unless the former had been thoroughly debunked?
                And why have they now dropped the obstruction narrative in favor of this Ukraine nonsense?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Sam, why do you think that nearly all of the Democrats in the House and Senate and nearly all the MSM dropped their claims of collusion after the release of the Mueller Report and immediately pivoted to "obstruction"? Why would they drop the really serious charge and instead settle for a much less serious one unless the former had been thoroughly debunked?
                  1) Many didn't drop "collusion" -- NatSec commentators and numerous others noted repeatedly that Mueller didn't address collusion, that we haven't seen the counterintelligence report, that the Mueller report contained a wide array of contacts we'd describe as collusion, etc. The volume did go down, but that's for a lot of reasons, not least of which ...

2) ... obstruction of justice was a focus of the Mueller report and Mueller's team found strong evidence that Trump committed felony acts of obstruction during his term - including obstructive acts that limited the ability of the investigation to establish coordination between Trump campaign officials and Russian officials. Obstruction of justice isn't a "much less serious" charge, at least not legally. As Trump & his allies told news outlets repeatedly in the ramp up to the Mueller report's release, "collusion isn't a crime". But obstruction of justice is. Outside legality, both collusion and obstruction impede or prevent the fair exercise of a democratic state. They are both serious matters. And, while the Mueller report is relatively silent on what we colloquially call collusion, it is decidedly not silent on obstruction and comes really close to explicitly saying that if Trump weren't president and so protected by the OLC opinion, he'd be facing numerous charges of felony obstruction.

So there's that. Why do you think that Barr thought it necessary to mislead the public about the nature of the report in his four-page summary or why others in the Trump-allied media have parroted the false claim "No collusion, no obstruction!" when Mueller didn't examine collusion and found strong evidence for obstruction? If the report so clearly exonerates Trump, why do people need to mislead or outright lie about its content?

--Sam

Comment

• I already noted that there are a few die-hard hold outs.

So instead of pointing out that not "everybody" dropped it (which I never implied much less said) can you address the actual question?

Comment

I already noted that there are a few die-hard hold outs.

So instead of pointing out that not "everybody" dropped it (which I never implied much less said) can you address the actual question?
                      I addressed the question and didn't use the word "everybody" anywhere so I'm not sure why that's in quotes.

I gave you a substantive answer. You can respond to it or not but what you've got above is sufficient.

--Sam

Comment

• How Americans’ Views On Impeachment Have Changed In Just One Week

By Anna Rothschild
                        Filed under Impeachment
                        Published Oct. 4, 2019
                        It’s been a little over a week since Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House is conducting an impeachment inquiry into President Trump. Are Americans in support of impeachment? FiveThirtyEight looks at the polls.

Do Americans Support Impeaching Trump?

By Aaron Bycoffe, Ella Koeze and Nathaniel Rakich
                        Filed under Impeachment
                        Published Oct. 2, 2019
                        An updating calculation of support for and opposition to impeachment, accounting for each poll's quality, recency, sample size and partisan lean, since Aug. 1, 2018
                        UPDATED OCT. 8, 2019, AT 4:00 PM

2019-10-08_17-19-08.gif

2019-10-08_17-21-33 (1).gif

Gifs created, by me, in Snagit.

This poll aggregation is directed toward support for impeachment itself, not an impeachment inquiry. Unsurprisingly, the Democratic and Independent numbers have skyrocketed. But in practical terms, the increased support from Republicans is more noteworthy.

Comment

• George Conway and other prominent conservatives call for ‘expeditious’ impeachment probe

By Colby Itkowitz
                          October 10 at 6:00 AM
                          More than a dozen prominent conservative lawyers, including George T. Conway III, offered their legal reasoning for an “expeditious” impeachment probe into President Trump, creating a document they hope will be read by Republicans who continue to stand by the president.

The 16 attorneys, many of whom worked in Republican administrations, wrote in a joint statement to be released Thursday morning that Trump’s now infamous call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, the text messages between diplomats and Trump’s public call for China to investigate a political opponent are “undisputed” events that amount to Trump violating his oath of office.

“We have not just a political candidate open to receiving foreign assistance to better his chances at winning an election, but a current president openly and privately calling on foreign governments to actively interfere in the most sacred of U.S. democratic processes, our elections,” they wrote.

Conway, husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway and outspoken Trump critic, helped form a coalition of like-minded conservatives a year ago who wanted to call out what they deemed illegal and unconstitutional behavior by the president. The signatories are members of that group, Checks and Balances.

Press Release
                          New Statement from Checks and Balances on President Trump’s Abuse of Office
                          October 10, 2019

/s/

Jonathan H. Adler
                          Donald B. Ayer
                          George T. Conway III
                          Carrie F. Cordero
                          Charles Fried
                          Stuart M. Gerson
                          Peter D. Keisler
                          Orin S. Kerr
                          Marisa C. Maleck
                          Trevor Potter
                          Alan Charles Raul
                          Jonathan C. Rose
                          Paul Rosenzweig
                          Andrew Sagor
                          Jaime D. Sneider
                          J.W. Verret

Comment

• "Prominent"?
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment