Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    "Justin Amash, one of the few genuine constitutional conservatives in the House...[/url]
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Another thing, a formal impeachment panel would be required to seat members of the minority party. By refusing to convene such a panel, Pelosi can keep it entirely in the hands of Democrats.
      Good, the longer the investigation stays out of the hands of the corrupt republican party, the better.
      And sending out legally questionable "demand letters" but calling them subpoenas, which the White House is justifiably challenging in court, gives Democrats the opportunity to spread the canard that Trump is refusing to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry, even though there isn't one if we're following the Constitution.
      Trump and his team of criminals have been obstructing every facet of the investigation from day one. Innocent people don't need to cover-up or obstruct. Yes, I know all about the excuses you make yourself believe for Trumps obstruction, but I also know that only naive idiots or unethical supporters would buy into those excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Good, the longer the investigation stays out of the hands of the corrupt republican party, the better.

Trump and his team of criminals have been obstructing every facet of the investigation from day one. Innocent people don't need to cover-up or obstruct. Yes, I know all about the excuses you make yourself believe for Trumps obstruction, but I also know that only naive idiots or unethical supporters would buy into those excuses.

You’re such a partisan hack, Jimmy.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Says the guy with no useful, admissible, direct evidence...
          Like I said, Tea, you're blind to it, your biased mind just can't accept it. You people don't see and then define, you define and then see!

Comment

Like I said, Tea, you're blind to it, your biased mind just can't accept it. You people don't see and then define, you define and then see!
            No, Jim, the blind one is you.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

This coming from someone who, even after the Mueller Report (which you had been hanging your hat on), terminally rebutted the collusion delusion and yet you still insist that Trump colluded with Putin

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                This coming from someone who, even after the Mueller Report (which you had been hanging your hat on), terminally rebutted the collusion delusion and yet you still insist that Trump colluded with Putin
                Still a really bad button to try and push.

"No contact with Russians!" (2016/early 2017)

to

"No collusion with Russians!" (2017/2018)

to

several felony convictions and pleas stemming from contact with Russians and Russian cut-outs

to

"Really what we mean by 'collusion' is the explicit and narrow form of coordination outlined in the Mueller report, which seems to have missed some key exchanges and details numerous obstructive acts that impeded the investigation!" (2019)

--Sam
                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post

to

to

several felony convictions and pleas stemming from contact with Russians and Russian cut-outs

to

"Really what we mean by 'collusion' is the explicit and narrow form of coordination outlined in the Mueller report, which seems to have missed some key exchanges and details numerous obstructive acts that impeded the investigation!" (2019)

--Sam
                  The collusion delusion lives!

This of course needs to be remembered whenever you sniff in disdain at this or that news source because they said something that contradicts your carefully crafted narrative. IOW, you reveal yourself to be a less than capable judge of such things.
                  Last edited by rogue06; 10-07-2019, 03:12 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

to

to

to

--Sam
                    Stay back, kids, strawmen are highly flammable!
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The collusion delusion lives!

This of course needs to be remembered whenever you sniff in disdain at this or that news source because they said something that contradicts your carefully crafted narrative. IOW, you reveal yourself to be a less than capable judge of such things.
                      This would have more weight if you and others here, to say nothing of Trump and the right-leaning media over the past few years, hadn't changed your talking points exactly like I said or alleged that the Clinton campaign "colluded" with Ukraine by seeking information on Paul Manafort, using a clearly colloquial definition that absolutely applies to Trump.

Or if, you know, Donald Trump didn't have a secret business deal going on with Putin while his campaign/family members met with Russian "crown prosecutors", asked for Russia's help "finding" Clinton's emails, and routinely touted the Russian cut-out Wikileaks dumps even as he was reportedly directing Roger Stone to coordinate their release.

--Sam
                      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Right, like I said, you and the rest of the Trumpsters are blind to real evidence and instead of recognizing the facts as entailed in the Mueller report you hang your hat on Trumps corrupt Atty. Gen's false summary of the report. There are at least 10 occurrences of obstruction and you don't obstruct unless you have something to hide. We all know why Mueller didn't indict, but he also made it clear that the report did not exonerate the president and his administration. And btw, as far as I'm concerned, Paul Manafort exchanging internal polling and targeting data with the Russians, which is in the report, is, on its face, collusion.

Comment

This would have more weight if you and others here, to say nothing of Trump and the right-leaning media over the past few years, hadn't changed your talking points exactly like I said or alleged that the Clinton campaign "colluded" with Ukraine by seeking information on Paul Manafort, using a clearly colloquial definition that absolutely applies to Trump.

Or if, you know, Donald Trump didn't have a secret business deal going on with Putin while his campaign/family members met with Russian "crown prosecutors", asked for Russia's help "finding" Clinton's emails, and routinely touted the Russian cut-out Wikileaks dumps even as he was reportedly directing Roger Stone to coordinate their release.

--Sam
                          This would have more weight if you were a more discerning judge of news sources rather than one who clings to those which have led you to still be enthralled by the collusion delusion even after the Mueller Report dismantled it piecemeal.

Comment

Right, like I said, you and the rest of the Trumpsters are blind to real evidence and instead of recognizing the facts as entailed in the Mueller report you hang your hat on Trumps corrupt Atty. Gen's false summary of the report. There are at least 10 occurrences of obstruction and you don't obstruct unless you have something to hide. We all know why Mueller didn't indict, but he also made it clear that the report did not exonerate the president and his administration. And btw, as far as I'm concerned, Paul Manafort exchanging internal polling and targeting data with the Russians, which is in the report, is, on its face, collusion.
                            The Mueller Report obliterated the whole collusion fantasy resulting in even not a fine mist remaining. Of course you'd know that had you bothered to have actually read it rather than wasting time demanding that everyone else read it (especially those of us who actually did).

That you are unwilling and/or incapable of accepting that fact is nobody's problem but your own yet eventually you'll just have to...

Comment

This would have more weight if you were a more discerning judge of news sources rather than one who clings to those which have led you to still be enthralled by the collusion delusion even after the Mueller Report dismantled it piecemeal.
                              You continue to claim that yet have shown no real evidence of having read the report itself. If you had, one would have to hope you'd be disturbed by the report's detailing of the >100 contacts with Russian officials or cut-outs, why Manafort was sharing detailed US polling data with a Russian-linked oligarch, why Don Jr. avoided a campaign finance charge over his meeting with Russian-linked officials (because maybe he didn't know the intricacies of campaign finance law) and why Trump and others tried to hide the meeting from the public, or the four counts of obstruction of justice that meet the criteria for a criminal charge.

And I'm absolutely sure that had you read the report with an objective mind toward truth, you would've been struck by how it explicitly sets out in the first page how "collusion" isn't a subject of the report at all but rather criminal coordination of a conspiracy.

But, true, none of these are Breitbart or Gateway Pundit, or whatever weird blog Rudy Giuliani is flashing in front of Fox News cameras tonight.

--Sam

Comment

• Ope -- Can't forget about Trump reportedly directing Roger Stone to "find" Clinton's emails and coordinate the Russian-hacked Wikileaks dumps.

Comment