Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I threw away an old phone today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I threw away an old phone today.

I threw away an old phone that I had had for years. I used it to do things that I am not proud of. In my journey I have become and I pray that I am becoming a person who desires what is good and righteous. After being tempted after deciding to charge this phone up a little I found myself absentmindedly looking things up that were not good for me. I found that while the stuff still tempts me I am finding myself more and more disgusted by it. I describe it as a morbid feeling of disgust and curiosity when I confront this temptation. So after I got a better hold of myself I took the battery out of a phone that doesnt really work right anymore and I threw the thing away. My devices have a filter on them but this phone I figured since I wasn't really using I was on and off about the filter on it. I dont have to worry about that now.

I dont know where all I will be driven to or travel in this life. I do know this however that even when I hated God he loved me.

I am hopefully becoming more self controlled. I hope and pray that I can do great things with what God has given me.

I love you guys.
    sigpic

We love you, too, little brother. You are growing and maturing as a believer and it is good for us to see that.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thank you.
      sigpic

Comment

Your mind is being focused on pleasing God. This is a good thing to happen. Those who don't seek to please God ... they are not so concerned about the lusts of the flesh.

Comment

I know this was not an easy step to take.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I know this was not an easy step to take.
            It didnt feel that hard.
            sigpic

Comment