Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer for Sparko's heart surgery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer for Sparko's heart surgery.

On Facebook I just learned that Sparko is undergoing a heart surgery. I don't know much about the details, but I'm going to pray for him and I invite others to do the same.

Reposting this from him "Going in for a heart catheterization. Prayers appreciated."

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Reposting this from him "Going in for a heart catheterization. Prayers appreciated."
      They did the cathererization earlier today, and they've sent him to a different hospital to have, probably, bypass surgery. He said it would be today or tomorrow.

I've not heard anything new for several hours.

My husband had bypass surgery 6 years ago and it took 6 hours. He had a quadruple bypass, so if Sparky only has one or two blockages it should take less time.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah he didn't say just how much they would bypass. I imagine they won't know until they go in.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          Yeah he didn't say just how much they would bypass. I imagine they won't know until they go in.
          Probably. We expected a triple for Mr. mossy and they found the fourth when they went in.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

He just updated. He's there but no operation yet.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Ere's t'oping it arr turns out arright, Sparky!

Comment

What's wrong with sparko?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                  What's wrong with sparko?
                  He has a blockage in at least one of the blood vessels of his heart. They discovered it today during a heart catheterization, and sent him to have, probably, bypass surgery.

It's a fairly extensive surgery depending on how many blockages there are. I believe he had a blockage before and they were able to place a stent instead of doing the open-chest surgery, and he had hoped for the same remedy today.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    He has a blockage in at least one of the blood vessels of his heart. They discovered it today during a heart catheterization, and sent him to have, probably, bypass surgery.

It's a fairly extensive surgery depending on how many blockages there are. I believe he had a blockage before and they were able to place a stent instead of doing the open-chest surgery, and he had hoped for the same remedy today.
                    Scary.
                    sigpic

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Sparky updated on FB:

Originally posted by Sparko
                          Probably doing bypass surgery on Monday- waiting for some meds to leave my system
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Thanks for the update, Bill.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah the surgery is planned for Monday at 7:30 eastern daylight time

They said at least 2 blockages but won’t know till they go in and look

My surgeon is apparently one of the premier heart surgeons in the country, and has written books. He normally does heart transplants but is doing my bypass because the regular doctor is out of town

Comment