Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer for Sparko's heart surgery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying for a remarkable turnaround.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The latest.

The trach is finished He is still unconscious. Everything went fine except they left the feeding tube in his mouth. They are going to do the NG tube about noon? Right now they are reducing his meds so he should wake up in a while. But then they will put him back under for the NG tube.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          The latest.
          Thank you, mossy.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
            Thank you, mossy.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Poor Sparko--praying for healing, and help...
              "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I missed this earlier today.

So don't tell anyone but this grumpy old cop may have gotten pepper spray in his eyes a couple of times in the last 2 weeks here with Sparky. But I will admit to tears of joy this morning. I prayed this morning that when I walked into the ICU this morning he would be awake, making passes at the nurses and trying to escape. Well it was close enough for me. He was awake and able to communicate with me some. He was more awake than I have seen him. He was confused of course so U explained what's been going on and that he was now getting much better l. I cannot praise Jesus enough. He wanted to sleep and I needed to get something out of my eye so stepped out of the room but I am not going anywhere

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The only update today is that he's doing even better. No other details, but good news!

Comment

Just to let you know, folks, there have been no updates on Sparky's condition for a couple of days. Will always update when I see one.

Keep praying!

Comment

I asked late yesterday how things were going, and this is the response I just saw.

He is doing great. Still has a ventilator in his trachea and some hoses in his nose. He is awake and aware and joking. He actually stood up by his bed today
                          Praise God!

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

From our Sparky his very own self!

No wonder Darth Vader became evil...
                              Nobody ever showed us the real backstory of bedpans, Empire Nurses digging for a new vein, learning to walk and talk like a proper cyborg leader of the galaxy!

Comment

There have been no updates on Sparky for the past few days, so I am going to hope that no news is good news and that he is continuing to improve.

Keep praying, folks!

Comment