Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer for Sparko's heart surgery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Thanks guys. Yeah the surgery is planned for Monday at 7:30 eastern daylight time

They said at least 2 blockages but won’t know till they go in and look

My surgeon is apparently one of the premier heart surgeons in the country, and has written books. He normally does heart transplants but is doing my bypass because the regular doctor is out of town
    Assuming AM not PM

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah the surgery is planned for Monday at 7:30 eastern daylight time

My surgeon is apparently one of the premier heart surgeons in the country, and has written books. He normally does heart transplants but is doing my bypass because the regular doctor is out of town
      Don't scratch!

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

that everything went well

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He's in surgery now. His brothers are keeping us in the loop, so one of us will post here as we get info.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                On Facebook I just learned that Sparko is undergoing a heart surgery. I don't know much about the details, but I'm going to pray for him and I invite others to do the same.
                Sorry to hear that, hope all goes well Sparko. When I was a kid my uncle had quadruple bypass surgery, he went on to live an another very active 45 years or so. Certainly hope the same for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Sorry to hear that, hope all goes well Sparko. When I was a kid my uncle had quadruple bypass surgery, he went on to live an another very active 45 years or so. Certainly hope the same for you.

My husband had quadruple 6 years ago and is doing quite well.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Update from his brother:

He is off the bypass machine and they had to do two grafts. He is doing well.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And another update that he is out of surgery and in ICU.

Might be able to come home on Friday, which seems to be the standard 5 days for getting bypass patients out of the hospital.

Comment

I wonder if his mean old doctor will tell him to abstain from bacon.

He's in a Jewish hospital, yes?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          I wonder if his mean old doctor will tell him to abstain from bacon.

He's in a Jewish hospital, yes?

That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Does a Hasidic Jewish hospital have to wear a hat and, if so, where do they get one big enough?
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Update a bit ago from one of his brothers.

Sparky is awake but still on the ventilator. He is very unhappy about that and also says the drain tube in his left side hurts really bad. He is communicating by writing notes. They are having some difficulties removing the ventilator because of his oxygen levels. They hope to have it out later today. He made me leave and promise not to come back until the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                Update a bit ago from one of his brothers.

Comment