Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The story of Hunter Biden�s foray into Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The story of Hunter Biden�s foray into Ukraine

By Paul Sonne ,
    Michael Kranish and
    Matt Viser
    September 28 at 8:08 PM

While there's no evidence of criminal wrongdoing, something I sincerely doubt could be said of Trump's business selling (and double-selling, and triple-selling) condos to Russians, there's no more question in my mind than in Kerry's stepson's, that Hunter's decision was just plain wrong.

Other reporting has it that Hunter claims Joe's only comment was, "I hope you know what you're doing," which would be similar language, but, like telling a girl when you look at her time stands still ... doesn't have the same impact as telling her she's got a face that would stop a clock.

Hunter taking a job helping out a Ukrainian oligarch, like taking a job helping out Trump ... I'm looking at you, too, Kurt Volker ... was always going to leave him looking dirty as soon as anyone started paying attention. In an act of brazen crony capitalism not matched since Dubya, Hunter lent his last name to a money launderer.

That's a fact, and due diligence would have turned it up. So he either didn't do due diligence, or he accepted the position regardless.

Political relatives' business practices have always had a tendency to embarrass their kin. Sometimes they can do something about it, but mostly, they just have to live with the smears, expecting people of good faith to assign blame where it belongs.

It's early, and I'm on my first cup of coffee, so I may have missed it...

This unnamed (in this article) "Ukranian Oligarch" was supposedly pro-Russian. Did you find that?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It's early, and I'm on my first cup of coffee, so I may have missed it...
      6:40 a.m. is more like second pot for me, not first cup, but whatever, ya caffeithen.

This unnamed (in this article) "Ukranian Oligarch" was supposedly pro-Russian. Did you find that?
      I highlighted the o/p story because it was more topical, but I left a lot of links in the o/p, including to 'other reporting," an in-depth essay in the New Yorker, long form journalism, which is more my cup of tea.

Kerry's stepson is Christopher Heinz. The linchpin to the Ukrainian company was Devon Archer. The oligarch is Mykola Zlochevsky, who was tied to the pro-Russian Yanukovych, ex-president and in exile by the time Zlochevsky started working to rehabilitate himself and his company.

From all accounts, Hunter was an afterthought. He had plenty of cover, too, starting with Poland's Kwaśniewski.

So there was reason to believe Zlochevsky was actually interested in reform, but really ... the guy's money was rooted in larceny, and if he was trying to clean up his image, it was only because his image needed cleaning.

I don't know how much more of your attention I can capture here, but the New Yorker article is the real deal, going through the full timeline on Hunter, with biographical details that are simply necessary to form a full picture. You can't understand Joe's relationship with Hunter without remembering that when Joe first took his oath of office to the Senate standing next to their beds, Hunter was in the hospital, right next to Beau, both of them recovering from the car wreck that took Joe's wife.

Joe's going to get smeared with this, because that's politics, but still, like Hunter's black-sheeping, it ain't right.
      Last edited by Juvenal; 09-29-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
        6:40 a.m. is more like second pot for me, not first cup, but whatever, ya caffeithen.

I highlighted the o/p story because it was more topical, but I left a lot of links in the o/p, including to 'other reporting," an in-depth essay in the New Yorker, long form journalism, which is more my cup of tea.

Kerry's stepson is Christopher Heinz. The linchpin to the Ukrainian company was Devon Archer. The oligarch is Mykola Zlochevsky, who was tied to the pro-Russian Yanukovych, ex-president and in exile by the time Zlochevsky started working to rehabilitate himself and his company.

From all accounts, Hunter was an afterthought. He had plenty of cover, too, starting with Poland's Kwaśniewski.

So there was reason to believe Zlochevsky was actually interested in reform, but really ... the guy's money was rooted in larceny, and if he was trying to clean up his image, it was only because his image needed cleaning.

I don't know how much more of your attention I can capture here, but the New Yorker article is the real deal, going through the full timeline on Hunter, with biographical details that are simply necessary to form a full picture. You can't understand Joe's relationship with Hunter without remembering that when Joe first took his oath of office to the Senate standing next to their beds, Hunter was in the hospital, right next to Beau, both of them recovering from the car wreck that took Joe's wife.

Joe's going to get smeared with this, because that's politics, but still, like Hunter's black-sheeping, it ain't right.
        Thanks - will come back to this later.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

This thread could be titled "A desperate attempt to sweep Hunter's and Joe's dirty dealings under the rug".
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              This thread could be titled "A desperate attempt to sweep Hunter's and Joe's dirty dealings under the rug".
              tl/dr

Comment

Desperation.
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                  Desperation.
                  And now we have Joe demanding that the media stop talking about it...

And, no, this isn't a parody. It's real.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...an-prosecutor/

Comment

Biden Campaign Urges TV Networks to Stop Booking Giuliani
                    29biden-giuliani-superJumbo.jpg

Comment

I've seen some of Giuliani's interviews. He's doggedly getting the truth out there and isn't taking any guff from his interviewers. It's no wonder Joe wants him silenced!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39979[/ATTACH]

More desperation
                        Last edited by demi-conservative; 09-30-2019, 01:59 AM.
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

The story is wrapped up in a whole historical array of east versus west government involvement, intelligence influences, and corrupt oligarchs -- both pro and anti-Russia -- apparently all entangled in a geopolitical power struggle over gas pipelines. The problem is that not only is the backstory extraordinarily complex and convoluted, but you have both sides arguing different things and claiming innocence. Even once you decide to choose one conspiracy over the other (most likely based solely on what partisan side you're on), then you have to sift through the nuances of it all.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39979[/ATTACH]

Right after yelling at a Fox News reporter for asking him the wrong question.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've seen some of Giuliani's interviews. He's doggedly getting the truth out there and isn't taking any guff from his interviewers. It's no wonder Joe wants him silenced!

Comment