Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What Exact Crime Is Trump Guilty Of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    It's neither wild eyed or a theory, it was a conspiracy and it involved many people within the administration along with Giuliani. Unfortunately for Trump, there were still 2 or 3 patriotic, principled people in the government with knowledge of the situation that weren't willing to go along with Trumps corrupt ways or to keep quiet about it. They got caught, and then they tried to cover it up. And now he'll be impeached, and if not convicted by the cowardly republican Senate, he'll be booted out of office by the electorate.
    How many begged questions was that? I lost count.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      How many begged questions was that? I lost count.
      There are none so blind...... But you're eyes will be opened soon enough, like it or not.

Comment

There are none so blind...... But you're eyes will be opened soon enough, like it or not.
        Right... just like we were promised that Mueller's report and testimony would be the end of Trump.

Comment

Right... just like we were promised that Mueller's report and testimony would be the end of Trump.
          And it would have been had it not been for his corrupt Atty General covering up for him. It still would eventually have been his downfall regardless of his corrupt Atty Gen., until he abused his power once again in Ukraine. But one way or the other this corrupt Administration is going down, and he's going to take the your cowardly, unprincipled and corrupt reublican party down with him.

Comment

And it would have been had it not been for his corrupt Atty General covering up for him.
            Right... he covered it up by publicly releasing the whole report and allowing Mueller to publicly testify. How devious!

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              My understanding is the term has roots in English common law that imply an unfitness to government without necessarily including criminal actions:

https://www.crf-usa.org/impeachment/...demeanors.html

The vast majority are crimes, which is all well and good in light of concerns (even aired at the time the Bill of Rights were written) of giving the legislature carte blance to remove any executive they wanted.
              How does that square with the assertion of Dersh and other Constitutional experts that the Framers considered explicitly adding "maladministration" as grounds for impeachment, and rejected the idea? ISTM (and those particular experts) that they wanted to avoid effectively making POTUS a mere puppet of the legislature, which is effectively the case in parliamentary systems.

ETA: Doh! If I'd scrolled down just one more post, I'd have seen that MM covered this.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Leave it to a liberal to make it about race.
                I don't remember him being that loony back in our CARM and AARM days. There were definitely one or two people at AARM who insisted the only reason people opposed or disliked Barry was because of race, but I don't recall Crock being among them.

Alas.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I think this is almost inevitable for any Christian who gets deeply involved with politics regardless of their stance. It causes intense tribalism, which starts to compete with the tribalism Christians should have regarding their faith. It's why I don't think Adrift's argument that Christians should avoid voting altogether is totally insane, even though I'm not convinced.
                  I will go this far: If it really is wrong for Christians to support someone like Bad Orange Man in preference to someone like Crooked Hil, or even to a more moderate Pro-abortion Democrat, then it really is the case that Christians should totally remove ourselves from every aspect of politics, whether it be serving, supporting, or even voting.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by metacrock View Post
                    are you going to use your little lame quips on God when you stand before the great white throne of of Judgement and he says:why did you sell out your country? and why did you support wolf in sheep's clothing why did you help decisive the church?
                    Various forms of this slander-posing-as-query have been lobbed here scores of times in dozens of threads.

Gagnon gave an excellent response a few months ago.

Other than that, my response will be that He knows that I wrestled with the decision and was praying for guidance literally up to the moment when I pushed the button for Trump in the voting booth.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      I don't remember him being that loony back in our CARM and AARM days. There were definitely one or two people at AARM who insisted the only reason people opposed or disliked Barry was because of race, but I don't recall Crock being among them.

Alas.
                      Yeah, I remember him from my CARM days, he was always a little liberal but not this bad...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Interesting and balanced:

Is it ever appropriate for a U.S. president to ask a foreign government to investigate a political rival?

Here’s the big question on which the potential impeachment of President Donald Trump could turn: Is it ever appropriate for a U.S. president to ask a foreign government to investigate a political rival?

Democrats seem to assume the answer is no, that this kind of request could never be proper, given the implications for our electoral system. “Smoking gun” is what they say about Trump’s urging Ukraine—and now also China—to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden. Republicans, meanwhile, contend that it is perfectly normal, and justified, for Trump as president to ask the Ukrainians to look into potential corruption that involves Americans and could, in theory, affect U.S. relations with that country

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...e-rival-229341
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Alas.
                          That whole narrative was largely an attempt to shield Obama from legitimate criticism. Unfortunately, most Congressional Republicans bought into it and were very careful not to say anything negative about the "Messiah".

Comment

That whole narrative was largely an attempt to shield Obama from legitimate criticism. Unfortunately, most Congressional Republicans bought into it and were very careful not to say anything negative about the "Messiah".
                            That whole argument is largely an attempt to shield the racists from legitimate criticism.

Comment

That whole argument is largely an attempt to shield the racists from legitimate criticism.
                              Because criticizing Obama is inherently racist, am I right?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Interesting and balanced:

Is it ever appropriate for a U.S. president to ask a foreign government to investigate a political rival?

Here’s the big question on which the potential impeachment of President Donald Trump could turn: Is it ever appropriate for a U.S. president to ask a foreign government to investigate a political rival?

Democrats seem to assume the answer is no, that this kind of request could never be proper, given the implications for our electoral system. “Smoking gun” is what they say about Trump’s urging Ukraine—and now also China—to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden. Republicans, meanwhile, contend that it is perfectly normal, and justified, for Trump as president to ask the Ukrainians to look into potential corruption that involves Americans and could, in theory, affect U.S. relations with that country

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...e-rival-229341
                                A significant point in Trump's favor is that the Ukrainian government spent almost two years trying to get the US to look into Biden after he strong-armed them into firing Shokin, and it was only relatively recently that Trump learned of it after Ukraine contacted the US State Department.

Comment