Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is Sanders Done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've long thought Warren was the best choice for them just from a purely strategic perspective. She's smart, neither gaffe prone nor senile, and doesn't have anything more embarrassing in her history that we know of other than the Pocahontas thing, which is really not that big a deal compared to, say, what happened during Kamala Harris's history as a prosecutor. And she's a fighter.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      I've already switched my support to Pocahontas...
      You say you support her and yet refer to her with a deliberately demeaning nickname.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        So you agree with Warren that we should give welfare to illegals?
        Warren wasn't the only one calling for giving free stuff to illegals. Remember back during the first debate when every single Democrat candidate agreed with the idea of giving free health care to them? You know the same health care that they had voted to heavily fine American citizens for if they didn't join Obamacare.

Penalize American citizens if they don't pay, give it free to everyone who illegally sneaks into the country.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I've long thought Warren was the best choice for them just from a purely strategic perspective. She's smart, neither gaffe prone nor senile, and doesn't have anything more embarrassing in her history that we know of other than the Pocahontas thing, which is really not that big a deal compared to, say, what happened during Kamala Harris's history as a prosecutor. And she's a fighter.
          Considering how the left has gone off the deep end wrt "cultural appropriation" that should make her toxic. "Ms. 1/1024 Native American" took jobs away from actual Native Americans by posing as one.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            You say you support her and yet refer to her with a deliberately demeaning nickname.
            I'm just playing along with you birdbrains.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              But we've known since at least the last election that Bernie was stinkin' rich. Why is it suddenly becoming a problem for him now?
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Don't know, have only just scanned it, but Warren didn't endorse the plan, she's running for office and said "just the type of bold thinking we'll need to make big structural change." that's not exactly endorsing the plan itself. And, you have to remember, the president doesn't pass legislation, the congress does. Warren can only do what Congress agrees to do. You don't have to agree with her on every issue, but one thing about Warren, she knows the issues inside and out, she puts other politicians to shame with her grasp of the issues, and more important than all of that is that she is a decent honorable human being who will do what she believes is in the best interests of the country, not in the best interests of herself. She's not a Trump who ran on draining the swamp and instead filled it with the creepiest of swamp creatures going.
                Honorable? She lied about being Native American. Repeatedly.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Considering how the left has gone off the deep end wrt "cultural appropriation" that should make her toxic. "Ms. 1/1024 Native American" took jobs away from actual Native Americans by posing as one.
                  It's been known about for nearly a decade and hasn't really cost her politically in this process so I think it's safe to say "probably not a big deal" at this point. I'm speaking from a dispassionate perspective here, not judging the morality of her actions.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Honorable? She lied about being Native American. Repeatedly.
                    If she was dishonorable rather than mistaken as she claimed, then I'm sure all of her critics, such as yourself are guilty of much worse. The only people that will effect are the hard core Trumpsters who have no trouble supporting that dishonorable, immoral, lying, thief. You know, the log eyed hypocrites!

Comment

If she was dishonorable rather than mistaken as she claimed, then I'm sure all of her critics, such as yourself are guilty of much worse.
                      If her story were true, having ONE distant relative is still insufficient to claim Native American on an admissions document. Yet she did.

The only people that will effect are the hard core Trumpsters who have no trouble supporting that dishonorable, immoral, lying, thief. You know, the log eyed hypocrites!
                      Pocahontas is a liar. And it's no surprise you support her.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

If her story were true, having ONE distant relative is still insufficient to claim Native American on an admissions document. Yet she did.
                        According to her, she was raised believing it, dopey. It had nothing to do with known relatives. And you know what, nobody really cares but you naive, hardcore, birdbrain Trumpsters.

Pocahontas is a liar. And it's no surprise you support her.
                        Ha ha ha, that is rich Bill, and you being an actual supporter of a pathological liar.

Comment

According to her, she was raised believing it, dopey.
                          Raised believing what? That a distant relative was Native American.

It had nothing to do with known relatives. And you know what, nobody really cares but you naive, hardcore, birdbrain Trumpsters.
                          Of course not. Because you immoral, rabid, clueless leftists don't care about truth. Just like Pow Wow Chow contributing Pocahontas.

Ha ha ha, that is rich Bill, and you being an actual supporter of a pathological liar.
                          I've said a million times before, and I'll repeat myself. I didn't elect a Pope. You on the other hypocritical hand, are willing to excuse "Native American" Warren for her lies while attacking Trump for his. Hypocrite is an understatement for you...
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Raised believing what? That a distant relative was Native American.

Of course not. Because you immoral, rabid, clueless leftists don't care about truth. Just like Pow Wow Chow contributing Pocahontas.

I've said a million times before, and I'll repeat myself. I didn't elect a Pope. You on the other hypocritical hand, are willing to excuse "Native American" Warren for her lies while attacking Trump for his. Hypocrite is an understatement for you...
                            Yes, nobody is perfect and i'm willing to excuse one minor fib, if that's what it was, but I'm not willing to support and defend a pathological liar as my president like you obviously are. Big difference, blockhead!

Comment

If she was dishonorable rather than mistaken as she claimed, then I'm sure all of her critics, such as yourself are guilty of much worse. The only people that will effect are the hard core Trumpsters who have no trouble supporting that dishonorable, immoral, lying, thief. You know, the log eyed hypocrites!
                              If she was merely mistaken how does that explain her plagiarizing Native American "family recipes" for publication?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                If she was merely mistaken how does that explain her plagiarizing Native American "family recipes" for publication?
                                Hey rogue, when you start pointing out all of Trumps huge character flaws, people might take you more seriously. Besides that, I don't believe a word you say.
                                Last edited by JimL; 10-05-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment