Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Graham asks countries to cooperate with Barr

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Lindsey Graham asks countries to cooperate with Barr

Jam your tin foil hats on harder, Trump-haters, because every day more conspirators are being revealed.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham on Wednesday asked several foreign leaders to continue to assist Attorney General William Barr with his investigation into the 2016 election.

In a letter to the prime ministers of Australia, Italy and Britain, the South Carolina Republican requested their “continued cooperation with Attorney General Barr as the Department of Justice continues to investigate the origins and extent of foreign influence in the 2016 election.”
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...leaders-022594
    Graham has thrown in with Barr-Guiliani-Trump-Zelensky-Morrison, time to go crazy!
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trying to undermine US security services for Russia's benefit. I am surprised that Conservatives are so eager to please Putin.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Trying to undermine US security services for Russia's benefit. I am surprised that Conservatives are so eager to please Putin.
    They don't want to please Putin, they've just lost sight of reality, of integrity, of who they are, or at least who they were. There is a very high cost to pay for attaching yourself to a person like Trump. The conscience gets seered and sometimes become so invested in what has been sacrificed morally that to pull back, to admit it was wrong all along, seems more devastating than continuing down the path.

Jeff Flake made just such a call to make a turn for the sake of conscience. It's just so obvious, yet so sad, what is happening here.

I had a conversation with a YEC friend once who had just passed out some material he KNEW was false at our church. And in a weak moment, as we discussed the simple reality of the unsupportability of the position, he simply said (paraphrase) "yes, but I've done all these classes and spent so many years teaching this position that ..." and he just pretty much stopped there.

If a person continuously pushes back their conscience and continues on ignoring obvious evil and/or lies for some 'greater' purpose, even becomes part of giving that evil and those lies a voice, it takes a real toll on who that person is.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    They don't want to please Putin, they've just lost sight of reality, of integrity, of who they are, or at least who they were. There is a very high cost to pay for attaching yourself to a person like Trump. The conscience gets seered and sometimes become so invested in what has been sacrificed morally that to pull back, to admit it was wrong all along, seems more devastating than continuing down the path.

Jeff Flake made just such a call to make a turn for the sake of conscience. It's just so obvious, yet so sad, what is happening here.

I had a conversation with a YEC friend once who had just passed out some material he KNEW was false at our church. And in a weak moment, as we discussed the simple reality of the unsupportability of the position, he simply said (paraphrase) "yes, but I've done all these classes and spent so many years teaching this position that ..." and he just pretty much stopped there.

If a person continuously pushes back their conscience and continues on ignoring obvious evil and/or lies for some 'greater' purpose, even becomes part of giving that evil and those lies a voice, it takes a real toll on who that person is.

Jim
    Irony at its finest.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Irony at its finest.
    As Colonel Nathan Jessup quiped in A Few Good Men "you can't handle the truth!"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Sweety, I’m not the one pressing forth conspiracy theories, as fact. You guys are.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jim
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Lindsey Graham has the look of a man that's ashamed to be Lindsey Graham. Once critical, he is now, inexplicably, Trump's number one fan.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yeah, that was just before his arrest, wasn't it?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.