Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do you think Trump will actually be impeached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Trump will actually be impeached?

Not whether he should, but what do you think is the likelihood of this?
    Certain he will
    13.33%
    Likely that he will
    26.67%
    Unlikely that he will
    33.33%
    No way he will
    26.67%
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

It's gone too far in the House for Dems to pull it back now. The rabid dogs want Trump impeached and don't care what it costs.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I suppose I should update my question to include the follow-up: assuming he's impeached, how likely is it that he'll be actually removed from office?
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I suppose I should update my question to include the follow-up: assuming he's impeached, how likely is it that he'll be actually removed from office?
        Literally zero percent.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

how likely is it that he'll be actually removed from office?
          No way, if the Republicans went along it would destroy the party for a generation.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That would require a significant news development between now and then. Something monumental like Trump on tape asking if the CIA could take out a political opponent.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Literally zero percent.
              He could spray machine gun fire at random in the Capitol Building and the Senate Republicans would vote to acquit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                He could spray machine gun fire at random in the Capitol Building and the Senate Republicans would vote to acquit.
                No.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Just stop Jim...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    No way, if the Republicans went along it would destroy the party for a generation.
                    You've got it the wrong way around. The Republican party is destroyed for a generation if they stick with Trump.

Comment

Trumpism is to a large extent a personality cult. "I alone can fix it."

Comment

That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Nancy isn't even willing to start the impeachment process. She creates an "inquiry" process which doesn't even have any historical meaning. It seems that there are insufficient Dems who are willing to put their own necks on the chopping block --thus unwilling to approve impeachment.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            No.
                            I didn't even know they made paintball machine guns...
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              Nancy isn't even willing to start the impeachment process. She creates an "inquiry" process which doesn't even have any historical meaning. It seems that there are insufficient Dems who are willing to put their own necks on the chopping block --thus unwilling to approve impeachment.
                              We are three months out from the primaries - there are a lot of Dems going home to fed up constituents. Many more vulnerable to primary challenges as well.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment