View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Certain he will

    2 13.33%
  • Likely that he will

    4 26.67%
  • Unlikely that he will

    5 33.33%
  • No way he will

    4 26.67%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 113

Thread: Do you think Trump will actually be impeached?

  1. #61
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,533
    Amen (Given)
    2509
    Amen (Received)
    1824
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Star, what you don't seem to realize is that BOTH parties seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel to put the nuttiest and wackiest people in power, and the Democrats are also voting for more crazy.

    The only difference is that the extreme nutty liberals happen to be your flavor.
    ...whereas the "extreme nutty" conservatives favor the unhinged, immoral "stable genius"
    ďHe felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.Ē - Douglas Adams.

  2. #62
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,043
    Amen (Given)
    1125
    Amen (Received)
    19394
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Star, what you don't seem to realize is that BOTH parties seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel to put the nuttiest and wackiest people in power, and the Democrats are also voting for more crazy.

    The only difference is that the extreme nutty liberals happen to be your flavor.
    Until recently it was sort of a game to figure out which of those campaigning to be president was essentially a kook. Now it has been flipped with you having to figure out which one is the least kooky

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  3. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura amen'd this post.
  4. #63
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,869
    Amen (Given)
    2742
    Amen (Received)
    1696
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    No foolin - one of them actually believes in the killing of the unborn, and many of that party even believe there should be no restrictions. And some of the wackier members believe it's even ok to kill newly born babies.
    So now you're just changing the subject to avoid facing the reality of what the Republican party has become. You don't like your imagined interpretation of one policy of the dems, so you'll excuse any and all pervasive criminality by successive Republican administrations.

    Again you demonstrate the attitude that because you don't like the dems, that therefore pervasive criminal conduct by Republican politicians is somehow not an issue. It's precisely that attitude that's the problem in the US. Somehow, Republican voters keep letting their own party's politicians off, just cos they hate the dems.

    It's not a rational attitude, because you can do both: Having primaries makes it perfectly possible to hold your own side to account, and then you can vote against the other side in the general election. Impeachment makes it perfectly possible to remove Trump for misconduct and you then replace him with Pence. It's totally possible to hold your own party's politicians to a standard of decent conduct while still opposing the other side. That, incidentally, is one reason I like Ocasio-Cortez and the other Justice Dems, as they have standards and are not afraid to speak out against incompetence and selling-out when they see members of their own party doing it, yet they also stand firm to their political principles and policies against Republicans.
    Last edited by Starlight; 10-06-2019 at 03:45 AM.

  5. Amen Charles, EvoUK amen'd this post.
  6. #64
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,043
    Amen (Given)
    1125
    Amen (Received)
    19394
    As I've noted before, the Republican rank and file has been begging their leadership to start fighting back and stop simply smiling and "taking it" from the MSM and other leftists (as seen by both Bushes, Romney and a slew of others). As a result of their being ignored you saw the rise of Trump and Trump, perhaps because he's a rude, crude lout has no trouble fighting back (in fact he relishes it and is good at it[1]), and this is what fighting back looks like.

    The Democrats OTOH needs impeachment for two reasons. They have no other way to keep their base energized and they need to distract folks from realizing just what they have become.





    1 arguably too much so for his own good

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  7. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  8. #65
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,022
    Amen (Given)
    338
    Amen (Received)
    1654
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    As I've noted before, the Republican rank and file has been begging their leadership to start fighting back and stop simply smiling and "taking it" from the MSM and other leftists (as seen by both Bushes, Romney and a slew of others). As a result of their being ignored you saw the rise of Trump and Trump, perhaps because he's a rude, crude lout has no trouble fighting back (in fact he relishes it and is good at it[1]), and this is what fighting back looks like.

    The Democrats OTOH needs impeachment for two reasons. They have no other way to keep their base energized and they need to distract folks from realizing just what they have become.





    1 arguably too much so for his own good
    Do you have any clue the number of times in history a dictator or despot has leveraged the frustrations of those marginalized by their government to gain power?

    It is an old story that no one ever seems to learn from. ... except the would be despots and dictators that take control using the frustrations of those who feel powerless to change their government.

    This man is lawless, running roughshod over our constitution, refusing legal subpoenas, recruiting corrupt or even hostile powers to retain power, and you and the rest of the fools he has recruited are rejoicing he is 'fighting back' against the people in leadership you are frustrated with.

    At what point do you wake up and recognize this is no longer a fight over issues like abortion and immigration but a fight over the rule of law and the fundamental principles that define our democratic republic?

    Jim

  9. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
  10. #66
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,043
    Amen (Given)
    1125
    Amen (Received)
    19394
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Do you have any clue the number of times in history a dictator or despot has leveraged the frustrations of those marginalized by their government to gain power?
    About the same number of times that despots have used working people up to hate a group or a person

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  11. #67
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,243
    Amen (Given)
    12231
    Amen (Received)
    26120
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    So now you're just changing the subject to avoid facing the reality of what the Republican party has become.
    Actually, no, because I'm not a member of the Republican party. You are free to attack them at will.

    And my "imagined interpretation" of the Democrat party is anything but imagined. Watch them openly campaign for socialism and abortion and for illegal immigration. I'm more ant-Democrat than I am Pro-Republican.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  12. #68
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,990
    Amen (Given)
    1754
    Amen (Received)
    1496
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Actually, no, because I'm not a member of the Republican party. You are free to attack them at will.

    And my "imagined interpretation" of the Democrat party is anything but imagined. Watch them openly campaign for socialism and abortion and for illegal immigration. I'm more ant-Democrat than I am Pro-Republican.
    Yeah, like he said, you're a republican, you're just ashamed to admit to it. Don't blame you for the shame though!

  13. #69
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,243
    Amen (Given)
    12231
    Amen (Received)
    26120
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yeah, like he said, you're a republican,
    You're a liar.

    you're just ashamed to admit to it. Don't blame you for the shame though!
    Jimmy, you're so screwed up in the head you can't even figure out what a "boy" is.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  14. #70
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,860
    Amen (Given)
    5837
    Amen (Received)
    6374
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Do you have any clue the number of times in history a dictator or despot has leveraged the frustrations of those marginalized by their government to gain power?
    Do you have any clue the number of times in history a benevolent politician with no evil motives has leveraged the frustrations of those marginalized by their government to win an election?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •