Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Interesting story of fossils in the hands of Creationists and political corruption.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting story of fossils in the hands of Creationists and political corruption.

Paleontology Political Scandal Has Everything

How could the dinosaur skull they have be any evidence for the fundamentalist view of Creationism?

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      How could the dinosaur skull they have be any evidence for the fundamentalist view of Creationism?
      Essentially they believe that since it may show signs of rapid burial that this somehow in some way then means that it must have been buried by Noah's Flood because no other explanation is possible. I mean localized flooding obviously cannot bury things rapidly. Land or mudslides cannot bury things rapidly. A tsunami cannot bury things rapidly. So it must be the result of Noah's Flood.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Essentially they believe that since it may show signs of rapid burial that this somehow in some way then means that it must have been buried by Noah's Flood because no other explanation is possible. I mean localized flooding obviously cannot bury things rapidly. Land or mudslides cannot bury things rapidly. A tsunami cannot bury things rapidly. So it must be the result of Noah's Flood.
        I believe the story was that a young teenager found it loose flood debris, but the reality it was found prior to this by someone who cut it out of rock.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Comment

Ardi while incarcerated so maybe this isn't so far fetched.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment