Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Does anyone have a full copy of this article from Christianity Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a full copy of this article from Christianity Today?

Does anyone have a full copy of this article from Christianity Today?

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...only/52.0.html

Thank you.

Interesting...
    I tried getting the online version of this through my school library. It doesn't show up there.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      Interesting...
      I tried getting the online version of this through my school library. It doesn't show up there.
      I can get a copy from Christianity Today if I subscribe to the magazine.

I have a book about the Crusades written by Thomas F. Madden who wrote the article for Christianity Today.

I did find this from Thomas F. Madden:

http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/featu...des_print.html

And the Crusades timeline from Answering-Islam:

https://answering-islam.org/Authors/...s_timeline.htm

I'm trying to help a friend who thinks Christians were picking on Muslims.

Comment

Providing you with a digitized copy of the article would almost certainly violate copyright law unless you could access it through a public library. You can disagree with the structure of copyright law, but that's where it stands.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
          Providing you with a digitized copy of the article would almost certainly violate copyright law unless you could access it through a public library. You can disagree with the structure of copyright law, but that's where it stands.
          Good to see you, hope all is well.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
            You are probably right. I could ask for a copy of the magazine it appeared in and offer to pay for it.

It costs $36 for a year's subscription. I have to decide If I want to get a copy of the article that much.

Comment

I'm looking for a youtube video that discussed 600 hidden wars of history. It was the Islam wars on other nations. This led to the Crusades.

The big problem of American education is the effort to make kids angry at views they were indoctrinated into.

Here's a video discussion with a professor of history who addresses the students' perception (or lack thereof) of the Crusades
              >>The Real History of The Crusades
              youtube.com/watch?v=ztos_j0-_04

I was just thinking that people could conflate the Spanish Inquisitions with the Crusades.

But some approaches were raised in the discussion. The goal is critical thinking. So an important question is "what events or ideas motivated the Crusades?"

I don't think I can do a decent summary of the video. But I hope it is helpful for you to get some ideas to guide your friend.

I'm looking for a video I saw concerning some 600 wars by Muslims which led to the Crusades. I'm hoping to find a link or the speaker's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                You are probably right. I could ask for a copy of the magazine it appeared in and offer to pay for it.

It costs $36 for a year's subscription. I have to decide If I want to get a copy of the article that much.
                There may be a Christian University or Seminary nearby who has the printed version. You can search WorldCat.org -- do an advanced search to set the title to Christianity Today and then, after the search results appear, select 'journal' format on the left side filters. (or just go to local university sites and search there)

Comment

Most magazines will sell you a hard copy of a single back issue for less than that.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

It's only $30 if you get a Digital Only subscription.

Comment

I found the video i was looking for.

There is a site associate with it: politicalislam.com

Warner speaks only on the political actions of Islam rather than it's religious elements. (I may not be saying this very accurately)

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        I found the video i was looking for.

There is a site associate with it: politicalislam.com

Warner speaks only on the political actions of Islam rather than it's religious elements. (I may not be saying this very accurately)

That was powerful!
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment