Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Botham Jean witness ambushed, killed in parking lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Why? Just because he's black?
    The very fact that you assume "gang" implies "black" shows that, consciously or unconsciously, you are aware of the fact that black youths are disproportionately responsible for violent crimes.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

But we have the additional contextual information of him A) being a star witness of a very high profile investigation this week and B) having no apparent gang ties. Arguing that because he's black this nonetheless outweighs these is pure obstinancy.
      Supposedly, a drug deal gone bad...

Joshua Brown gunned down in drug deal after testifying in killer cop Amber Guyger’s trial

Joshua Brown — the Dallas man who was murdered after taking the stand in killer cop Amber Guyger’s trial — was gunned down in a drug deal, according to a report.

Brown, who previously lived across the hall from Guyger’s victim Botham Jean, was shot dead Friday — just 10 days after providing key testimony about the night of his neighbor’s murder, according to police.

Now, sources told WFAA 8 that Brown was killed by two men during a drug deal, and that a large amount of marijuana was seized from his apartment during a search.

Authorities are looking for two suspects in connection to the shooting — and have visited homes in Louisiana to search for them, according to the report.

Brown previously fled to California after repeatedly expressing concerns that testifying in the Guyger trial would put his life at risk, according to Lee Meritt, who represents the Jean family. He returned at the behest of prosecutors.

Guyger, 31, was convicted last week in Jean’s murder and sentenced to 10 years behind bars.

and...

3 Murder Suspects ID'd

Three suspects have been identified in the murder of Joshua Brown -- Botham Jean's neighbor who testified against ex-cop Amber Guyger.

Dallas PD held a press conference Tuesday saying that the three men were from Alexandria, LA and that they'd traveled to Dallas to purchase drugs from Joshua. Cops claim that an argument ensued, and that Joshua shot one of the men in the chest.

Police say that one of the three men, Thaddeous Green, then fired upon Joshua twice ... ultimately killing him. The suspect who was shot was treated in a local area hospital, and is now in police custody. The 2 others are being sought on warrants for their arrest.

I'm sure there will still be charges of a police hit and cover-up, or whatever, but it's sounding to me like this was legit.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Joshua Brown gunned down in drug deal after testifying in killer cop Amber Guyger’s trial

Joshua Brown — the Dallas man who was murdered after taking the stand in killer cop Amber Guyger’s trial — was gunned down in a drug deal, according to a report.

Brown, who previously lived across the hall from Guyger’s victim Botham Jean, was shot dead Friday — just 10 days after providing key testimony about the night of his neighbor’s murder, according to police.

Now, sources told WFAA 8 that Brown was killed by two men during a drug deal, and that a large amount of marijuana was seized from his apartment during a search.

Authorities are looking for two suspects in connection to the shooting — and have visited homes in Louisiana to search for them, according to the report.

Brown previously fled to California after repeatedly expressing concerns that testifying in the Guyger trial would put his life at risk, according to Lee Meritt, who represents the Jean family. He returned at the behest of prosecutors.

Guyger, 31, was convicted last week in Jean’s murder and sentenced to 10 years behind bars.

and...

3 Murder Suspects ID'd

Three suspects have been identified in the murder of Joshua Brown -- Botham Jean's neighbor who testified against ex-cop Amber Guyger.

Dallas PD held a press conference Tuesday saying that the three men were from Alexandria, LA and that they'd traveled to Dallas to purchase drugs from Joshua. Cops claim that an argument ensued, and that Joshua shot one of the men in the chest.

Police say that one of the three men, Thaddeous Green, then fired upon Joshua twice ... ultimately killing him. The suspect who was shot was treated in a local area hospital, and is now in police custody. The 2 others are being sought on warrants for their arrest.

I'm sure there will still be charges of a police hit and cover-up, or whatever, but it's sounding to me like this was legit.
        Just sad all the way around...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Just sad all the way around...
          It really is.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

and...

3 Murder Suspects ID'd

Yep - me too.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/bo...led/index.html

According to the family's attorney, "He had no known enemies. He worked for a living. He was not in the streets."

Something isn't right.
              So, my first concern was when I discovered that Brown had been shot a year ago in a dispute outside a strip club, and now the report that it was a drug deal gone bad...

Very tragic, but I think the family's attorney is doing exactly what you'd expect a family attorney to do --- trying to put the very best light on a really sad situation.

Comment

Case closed.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

No, it isn't.

Real life doesn't resolve a case in an hour with a lovely bow.

Investigate, THEN CONCLUDE.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    No, it isn't.

Real life doesn't resolve a case in an hour with a lovely bow.

Investigate, THEN CONCLUDE.
                    I think "the case" here is whether or not Brown was killed because of his testimony in the Guyger case. I think that's pretty well put to bed now, but we shall see.

Comment

I think "the case" here is whether or not Brown was killed because of his testimony in the Guyger case. I think that's pretty well put to bed now, but we shall see.
                      I tend to agree but I'm wary of concluding a week into an investigation, especially when two suspects are still loose.

Never assume it's a zebra from the hoof prints; never assume it can't be a zebra, either. Find the little turkey, then you know.
                      Last edited by Teallaura; 10-08-2019, 06:39 PM.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        I tend to agree but I'm wary of concluding a week into an investigation, especially when two suspects are still loose.

Never assume it's a zebra from the hoof prints; never assume it can't be a zebra, either. Find the little turkey, then you know.
                        It's just that, sadly, the only reason anybody cared about Brown's death was because it was assumed (apparently wrongly) that he was killed in retaliation for his testimony. This case will now disappear from the media - unless somebody can establish a link to Guyger.

But, we agree - it ain't over til it's over.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a turkey leave hoof prints.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                            I'm pretty sure I've never seen a turkey leave hoof prints.
                            If you hadn't said it I would have

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              If you hadn't said it I would have
                              What, did Roguetech stop offering TurkeytrottersTM? The little stilts for turkeys that had hoof prints - and dynamite - which made for an interesting Thanksgiving Day parade....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Heard on the news that Joshua Brown was shot during a drug deal gone wrong. Suspects are in custody now and confirm this story.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...trial-n1063836

Apparently the Police found 12 lbs of marijuana and ~$4k in cash in his apt...it appears to have nothing to do with the Amber Guyger case.
                                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment