Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Slaughtering our Kurdish allies

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Babylon Bee on point as usual:

Trump Criticized For Breaking With Longstanding American Tradition Of Remaining In Middle Eastern Countries Indefinitely

WASHINGTON, D.C.—After Trump announced that US troops would be pulled out of Syria, the President was quickly criticized by leaders on both the left and the right for breaking with the longstanding American tradition of remaining in Middle Eastern countries indefinitely.

Trump drew ire from both sides of the aisle for his "careless and reckless" disregard for the beloved American custom of meddling overseas without a congressional declaration of war and then hanging around for another few decades.

"Occupying a country on the other side of the globe and staying there forever is an American pastime," said a CNN host. "For Trump to pull out when we haven't even been there a decade yet is a disgusting display of his selfishness and unwillingness to conform to the standards of presidential decorum."

"Has he no respect for our ways of life?" the host concluded gravely.

In a rare moment of unity, pundits on Fox News agreed. "We just need another 20 or 30 years in Syria, and we can accomplish our goals," said a morning host on the right-leaning news station. "He didn't even really give our soldiers a chance to settle in."

"This is America, for goodness' sake—land of the free and home of messing with other countries' affairs. I don't like criticizing the president, but he's way off on this one," he added.
    https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-cr...s-indefinitely
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

2. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    When is the last time the USA actually bothered declaring war?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

4. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Still self interest rogue.
    Placating his anti-war base with actual anti-war actions is indeed a travesty.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Placating his anti-war base with actual anti-war actions is indeed a travesty.
    ... spin ... spin ... spin ... spin ... spin ...
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Dems and Reps must quickly team up to dump Trump. Vamos!
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    When is the last time the USA actually bothered declaring war?
    I think in 2003 for the Iraq war.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Has the middle east ever not had conflict?
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    That was an "authorization to use military force." Says here the last time we declared war was in 1942, against Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania.

10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Fake declaration.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Turkey Begins Syria Attack, Targeting Militia Backed by U.S.

By Ben Hubbard
    Oct. 9, 2019
    Updated 10:43 a.m. ET

BEIRUT, Lebanon — Turkey launched a planned military operation in northeastern Syria on Wednesday aimed at flushing out a Syrian militia backed by the United States, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan wrote on Twitter.

Mr. Erdogan said the operation aimed to “prevent the creation of a terror corridor across our southern border,” but provided no other information about whether Turkish ground troops had entered Syria or how far in they would go.

A spokesman for the United States-backed militia, the Syrian Democratic Forces, said that Turkish warplanes had begun carrying out airstrikes.

The SDF has previously said they would abandon the prisoner camps where ISIS troops (including European nationals) were being held if Turkey began an offensive against them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Dems and Reps must quickly team up to dump Trump. Vamos!
    There is a cunning plan in office to permanently remove him from office on January 20, 2024. I think it just might work.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman