Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 71

Thread: Ellen DeGeneres is Right

  1. #1
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,237
    Amen (Given)
    12039
    Amen (Received)
    25690

    Ellen DeGeneres is Right

    Just saw a video of her talking about 'hanging out' with George Bush, and explaining that you can actually be friends with somebody even if you totally disagree with them.

    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  2. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  3. #2
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,185
    Amen (Given)
    1732
    Amen (Received)
    5130
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Just saw a video of her talking about 'hanging out' with George Bush, and explaining that you can actually be friends with somebody even if you totally disagree with them.
    And she is getting a lot of grief from the left...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  4. #3
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,242
    Amen (Given)
    143
    Amen (Received)
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Just saw a video of her talking about 'hanging out' with George Bush, and explaining that you can actually be friends with somebody even if you totally disagree with them.

    In order to win re-election in 2004, George Bush and the RNC worked to include a marriage amendment that banned same-sex marriage on the ballots of battleground states. If Bush had gotten his way, not only would DeGeneres be prohibited from marrying her partner, millions of LGBT+ Americans who see her as a rights leader would be prohibited from marriage.

    He also reintroduced torture to American military strategy and knowingly misled the nation into a war that cost hundreds of thousands of Iraqis their lives and continues to destabilize the entire region to this day.

    No, I wouldn't be pal'in around with G.W. Bush if I were her.

    --Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"


  5. #4
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,475
    Amen (Given)
    622
    Amen (Received)
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    In order to win re-election in 2004, George Bush and the RNC worked to include a marriage amendment that banned same-sex marriage on the ballots of battleground states. If Bush had gotten his way, not only would DeGeneres be prohibited from marrying her partner, millions of LGBT+ Americans who see her as a rights leader would be prohibited from marriage.

    He also reintroduced torture to American military strategy and knowingly misled the nation into a war that cost hundreds of thousands of Iraqis their lives and continues to destabilize the entire region to this day.

    No, I wouldn't be pal'in around with G.W. Bush if I were her.

    --Sam
    So what you're saying, is that people should only hang out with people they agree with? Interesting.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

  6. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  7. #5
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,242
    Amen (Given)
    143
    Amen (Received)
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    So what you're saying, is that people should only hang out with people they agree with? Interesting.
    That is not what I wrote.

    I do believe that the damage someone causes elsewhere should impact decisions of friendship, however. I've dropped friends I discovered were abusive or discriminatory to others, for example. In part because my association with such people harmed others who are themselves victims of abuse or discrimination.

    George Bush did enormous damage, domestically and internationally. And he did it intentionally and for political gain. People are responsible for their actions and decisions about association are part of being held accountable.

    --Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"


  8. #6
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,185
    Amen (Given)
    1732
    Amen (Received)
    5130
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    In order to win re-election in 2004, George Bush and the RNC worked to include a marriage amendment that banned same-sex marriage on the ballots of battleground states. If Bush had gotten his way, not only would DeGeneres be prohibited from marrying her partner, millions of LGBT+ Americans who see her as a rights leader would be prohibited from marriage.

    He also reintroduced torture to American military strategy and knowingly misled the nation into a war that cost hundreds of thousands of Iraqis their lives and continues to destabilize the entire region to this day.

    No, I wouldn't be pal'in around with G.W. Bush if I were her.

    --Sam
    That doesn't change anything she said. You just prove my point though - there is no living with leftists...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  10. #7
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,237
    Amen (Given)
    12039
    Amen (Received)
    25690
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    So what you're saying, is that people should only hang out with people they agree with? Interesting.
    Sam has the extraordinary gift of seeing darkness where others see a beautiful sunrise.

    By the way --- the sunrise at my house this morning...

    2019-10-08 07.31.57.jpg

    (Sorry about the slightly "off level" - I'm on drugs due to my knee)
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  11. Amen RumTumTugger, mossrose amen'd this post.
  12. #8
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,242
    Amen (Given)
    143
    Amen (Received)
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    That doesn't change anything she said. You just prove my point though - there is no living with leftists...

    Not if you lie a nation into a war and reintroduce torture, no. I suspect we wouldn't make good neighbors.
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"


  13. #9
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,229
    Amen (Given)
    1109
    Amen (Received)
    19011
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    So what you're saying, is that people should only hang out with people they agree with? Interesting.
    00000000000000ab000-00aad.jpg


    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  14. #10
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,237
    Amen (Given)
    12039
    Amen (Received)
    25690
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That is not what I wrote.

    I do believe that the damage someone causes elsewhere should impact decisions of friendship, however. I've dropped friends I discovered were abusive or discriminatory to others, for example. In part because my association with such people harmed others who are themselves victims of abuse or discrimination.

    George Bush did enormous damage, domestically and internationally. And he did it intentionally and for political gain. People are responsible for their actions and decisions about association are part of being held accountable.

    --Sam
    When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  15. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •