Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    well, why don't you test your theory. Stop posting ad homs and see if he has less to talk about.

Jim
    I'm focusing my attention on being nice to JimL.

Baby steps, Jim.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    well, why don't you test your theory. Stop posting ad homs and see if he has less to talk about.

Jim
    Or see if just once Charles actually complains about the same of behavior that triggers him when a conservative does it coming from those he agrees with that. Just once.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

3. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Really? You didn't yell 'gum gum pistol' or anything...
    I usually save that for pirate captains. Landlubbers like CP don't rate breaking a sweat.

{Is that you, Nami?}
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

5. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    On this issue, a whole lot of Christians have indeed lost sight of the Gospel and have put their own sense of security above the actual security -- and indeed lives -- of others that the Gospel commands us to focus on. I very much wish that wasn't so and there's always the opportunity for Christians, here and everywhere, to acknowledge and proclaim that the same Christ who said "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's" at a time taxes were being used to defile and desecrate the Temple commanded His followers to protect and tend to the widow, the orphan, and the stranger.

I don't find it arrogant to continue pleading for a return to the Gospel, here. That's what the Gospel says -- we don't make ourselves superior to arrogant to say so.

--Sam
    Number of poor immigrants currently living with you:
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I've seen nothing to make me think that Trump is any worse morally than the average person. I doubt that any of us would look so good if we were subjected to same intense scrutiny where he can't even tell a joke without being accused of lying.
    This will fall into some opinion, but I say there can be a case made. The issue is when you make Trump into a cartoon villain, you lose any sort of bases in reality. It’s why Jim and Sam fall short so many times, they attack the cartoon they created and not the actually man.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Y'all exercise the right to jump into discussions when you want and don't heckle other people when they jump in alongside you. This sort of thing would be self-defeating if you extended criticism of the behavior to most of the folks here ... and if you're unwilling to do that consistently then it's just unbecoming.

--Sam
    My dear sweet Sam,

If Charles ever did anything other than trying to be a Nanny all the time, nobody would think twice about it. Did you ever think about that?
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

9. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jim
    Irony at its finest. Have you issued an apology for your latest false accusation?
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Irony at its finest. Have you issued an apology for your latest false accusation?
    I think you've wandered off in the weeds again ...
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Number of poor immigrants currently living with you:
    There is nothing in line with the scriptural concepts Sam referenced that is in between "get out of here you filthy immigrant" and "oh, please, please, PLEASE come live with me"?

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There is nothing in line with the scriptural concepts Sam referenced that is in between "get out of here you filthy immigrant" and "oh, please, please, PLEASE come live with me"?

Jim
    And there you go again, making your opponents into cartoon villains, to make it easier to refute them. There’s a whole bunch of positions between those two extremes.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy