Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    However - Proclaiming Trump 'God's man' and talking about a divine mandate on him and standing behind him no matter WHAT he does, cheering him on NO MATTER WHAT - IS the problem I'm talking about.
    A problem that exists largely in your mind. But keep tilting at those windmills and telling yourself that you're doing the Lord's work. I'm sure it will pay off some day.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      A problem that exists largely in your mind. But keep tilting at those windmills and telling yourself that you're doing the Lord's work. I'm sure it will pay off some day.
      Maybe the democrats will give him a scrap of bread, in his state approved Church.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
        Haley Stewart wrote...
        Who is Haley Stewart, and why should I care what she wrote?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
          It seems to me you are not pro life
          I know that I am, and I'm not the least bit concerned what an internet thinks.

when you worry so little about the lives of all those who are born since you deal with the issue of pro life in so simple terms ...
          You don't know SQUAT about "how much I worry"... And for all I know, the only extent to which YOU "worry" is blabbing away on the internet. Our work in our PREGNANCY CENTER is not just about the unborn, but taking care of the mothers AND the "born", as well as the under-privileged.

continue to focus on abortion as if that was the only pro life issue.
          You, sir, are full of crap.

Your simplistic approach is not decent if you actually find that all human beings are of equal worth.
          Wow, Charles, did somebody elect you false-accuser-in-chief?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Nanny Charles, strikes again.
            Just when I'm feeling sorry for calling him a Nanny --- he pulls this ignorant crap.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Who is Haley Stewart, and why should I care what she wrote?
              You should care about what she wrote because she stressed very important points about the importance of being pro life in not only when it comes to abortion but also when it comes to those who are born.

It seems you missed those points being only concerned about who she is. That in itself, among other points I have repeated to you on earlier points, shows that your concern about the person and not what the person says is rather damaging to your understanding or ability to adress the points being made in case you disagree. So far you have only managed to focus on what is not important in an important discussion about being pro life.

Featuring politicians like Mr. Trump engenders division. It confirms the misconception that the pro-life movement is indeed an ideology that only cares about an unborn child until he or she exits the womb. It proves to everyone who has been watching this movement to see if we truly desire good for vulnerable women and children that the movement is inconsistent and their skepticism and dismissal were warranted. https://www.americamagazine.org/poli...oke-march-life
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

You should care about what she wrote because she stressed very important points about the importance of being pro life in not only when it comes to abortion but also when it comes to those who are born.
                Got that covered -- next false accusation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I know that I am, and I'm not the least bit concerned what an internet thinks.

You don't know SQUAT about "how much I worry"... And for all I know, the only extent to which YOU "worry" is blabbing away on the internet. Our work in our PREGNANCY CENTER is not just about the unborn, but taking care of the mothers AND the "born", as well as the under-privileged.

You, sir, are full of crap.

Wow, Charles, did somebody elect you false-accuser-in-chief?
                  I lost count of the ad hominems. And I also must have missed where you adressed the actual points made about the importance of being pro life in more than one context. You do point to your own good deeds but you seem rather unconcerned about the points made about how Trump's actions are only pro life in a rather narrow understanding and very damaging for the pro life movement if you also care for those who are born. At least it seems you are unwilling to adress the issue.
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I lost count of the ad hominems.
                    Yeah, your hobby horse -- say ignorant things then whine about ad homs.

And I also must have missed where you adressed the actual points made about the importance of being pro life in more than one context.
                    Yeah, you obviously read right past that, because it's definitely there.

You do point to your own good deeds
                    I put my money (and time) where my mouth is -- you outta try it.

but you seem rather unconcerned about the points made about how Trump's actions are only pro life in a rather narrow understanding and very damaging for the pro life movement if you also care for those who are born. At least it seems you are unwilling to adress the issue.
                    You seem totally unconcerned that, while cowardly falsely accusing me of not caring about anybody but the unborn, I am actually quite involved in the lives of many "born" people who need help.

But, please, do continue your little tirade against Trump, cause it's really accomplishing a lot, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      But, please, do continue your little tirade against Trump, cause it's really accomplishing a lot, eh?
                      This is where your approach to Trump is rather interesting. You are willing to call him bad things, you say someone should close his twitter account and the like. However, when someone points to what he is actually doing and calls it bad then what is your response? Look above. What is most important to you? Being pro life in all cases not just when it comes to abortion? Or making sure those who are critical towards Trump are attacked? It seems your strategy is to attack my person and point to your own good deeds in the vain hope that I should somehow find Trump, his terrible deeds and statements unimportant based on that.

Comment

This is where your approach to Trump is rather interesting. You are willing to call him bad things, you say someone should close his twitter account and the like.
                        But I don't pitch fits and spend all my time blasting him, so that doesn't count?

However, when someone
                        You mean an internet

points to what he is actually doing and calls it bad then what is your response?
                        I allow you to rant, and I don't defend Trump in the least. Perhaps if I pitched some wall-eyed fits you'd be happy?

Look above. What is most important to you?
                        Focusing on the things where I can really have an impact, and not just spewing forth hate and ignorance on an internet forum. Got a problem with that?

Being pro life in all cases not just when it comes to abortion?
                        Are you PURPOSELY being obtuse or dishonest? When a woman does NOT abort, there is usually a baby, and a mommy to care for that baby, and hopefully a father figure who can be brought into the picture.... We not only stand against abortion, we actually are involved in LIFE in many aspects -- and that's only with regards to the PREGNANCY CENTER, not even addressing the faith based assistance we give in food, shelter, job training....

Or making sure those who are critical towards Trump are attacked?
                        I'm not defending Trump - I'm answering your dishonest claims against me.

It seems your strategy is to attack my person...
                        You really need to work on not being such a cowardly false accuser, and if that's what you wanna be, then you need to work on not being so easily triggered.

Need a safe place, Charles?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                          You should care about what she wrote because she [said something I happened to agree with].

Comment

Kinda like when Tassman finds a Southern Baptist who says something he agrees with - only Tassy adds a bunch of elevating adjectives to let us know how mega-important that person really is.

Comment

De Nile is a river in Egypt - one you appear to want to live on or in. I live this MM. I look at the Facebook pages of friends from churches igecattended over the last 40 years.. I hear the conversations at Bible studies and after Church. And I read your posts and others. So sorry, but it is what it is. And your denials cant change the cold hard reality of what it is.

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-16-2019, 05:35 PM.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                De Nile is a river in Egypt - one you appear to want to live on or in. I live this MM. I look at the Facebook pages of friends from churches igecattended over the last 40 years.. I hear the conversations at Bible studies and after Church. And I read your posts and others. So sorry, but it is what it is. And your denials cant change the cold hard reality of what it is.

Jim
                                “People on my Facebook feed, confirm what I want to believe!”

Imagine that. It would help if Democrats didn’t use the full power of the federal government against Christians that disagree with them and talked about increasing it, if they win, in 2020. Enjoy going to your state approved Church, if the Democrats win.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment