Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I think this was a very important post that may now have gotten lost in a lot of noise. The points made here is what a lot of the following posts seemingly tried to take focus away from.
    Do you put on your cape and mask, before posting?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    We are so very blessed to have him as our referee.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

3. Amen lilpixieofterror amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We are so very blessed to have him as our referee.
    Y'all exercise the right to jump into discussions when you want and don't heckle other people when they jump in alongside you. This sort of thing would be self-defeating if you extended criticism of the behavior to most of the folks here ... and if you're unwilling to do that consistently then it's just unbecoming.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Y'all exercise the right to jump into discussions when you want and don't heckle other people when they jump in alongside you. This sort of thing would be self-defeating if you extended criticism of the behavior to most of the folks here ... and if you're unwilling to do that consistently then it's just unbecoming.

--Sam
    Charles seems to make it his mission, Sam. I rarely see him posting anything other than his little swipes at us bad conservatives, and complaining about ad homs.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    Do you see an abandonment of biblical sexual ethics as a Gospel issue?

Yes; I, in fact, have argued here and elsewhere that the standard most folks (including some here) are trying to apply to SSM would demand that they decry an and forbid any remarriage and virtually all divorce. So either there's a principle at work in the Gospel regarding fidelity and family or a whole bunch of fundamentalists aren't just hypocritical but codifying such hypocrisy into their bylaws and congregations.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Charles seems to make it his mission, Sam. I rarely see him posting anything other than his little swipes at us bad conservatives, and complaining about ad homs.
    I'm not seeing that but, even were it true, it's the wrong response. People get to jump in -- doesn't mean you have to respond to 'em but all this "nanny" stuff is inconsistent and irrelevant.

--Sam

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not seeing that ...
    I'm shocked.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes; I, in fact, have argued here and elsewhere that the standard most folks (including some here) are trying to apply to SSM would demand that they decry an and forbid any remarriage and virtually all divorce. So either there's a principle at work in the Gospel regarding fidelity and family or a whole bunch of fundamentalists aren't just hypocritical but codifying such hypocrisy into their bylaws and congregations.

--Sam
    Would you be interested in a more in-depth discussion on this, probably in the Biblical Ethics section?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    Would you be interested in a more in-depth discussion on this, probably in the Biblical Ethics section?
    I apologize but it wouldn't be anytime soon; I'm really not supposed to be spending all this time on here, anyhow and I expect the "Infrastructure Week" renovations at home to be done soon so I'll have no excuse to spend excess time at the PC.

It's a sincere request and an important topic, though, so if you want to start a thread let me know and I'll contribute a post -- doubt it will be persuasive to many but it'll lay out what I believe to be a rational case consistent with the evolution of Christian marriage over the centuries.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    well, why don't you test your theory. Stop posting ad homs and see if he has less to talk about.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"